계시하다 [reveal] (read author's note please)

One Shot {remake}
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter V 계시하다 [reveal]

you two are alike more than you know...

        Yongguk swallowed thickly, his fingers fiddling about as he stared at the ground. When he felt a hand on his bicep, that was the only time he actually looked up. Seeing Himchan sitting beside him - giving a small, reassuring smile - made Yongguk smile back, but barely. He raised his head and leaned back in his chair before nodding at Detective Im. The detective nodded in response and pressed a button on his lap-top, opening up a CD/DVD slot. He placed the CD in it before closing it, pressed a couple more buttons, and the projection screen began to slowly roll down as the lights dimmed down. The projecter came down from the ceiling and shined a light on to the screen.

"Are you sure you want to see this?" Jongup whispered to Yongguk. "It is his...you know..." Yongguk remained silent and kept his gaze fixed on the screen. Apart of him was afraid to watch the video, but the other part knew he had to; to get some reassurement that Daehyun was still alive and to possibly find a clue on where he could possibly be.

The video began to start and Yongguk felt his heart pounding even harder in his chest. (a/n: bold and blue w/o Italics is what's happening in the video. So regular font, like this, is real life...well...you know what I mean...>>;) The camera was facing the wall for a second before it turned around to show a masked face.

"What's up? I bet you guys are feeling pretty lousy over there." The male chuckled and lightly shook his head. "Tsk, tsk. And here I thought you guys were like family, yet at your guys' most vulnerable time, you split. How oddly predictable."

"And how ing stupid." Another voice chimed in with a mocking tone. The camera turned to face the owner of the speaker. Yongguk gasped softly as he saw his boyfriend - well...now ex - leaning against the wall with a blank expression. "But that made our job a hell of a lot easier than we predicted."

"Shall we show them, Zelo?" The camera man asked, making Zelo smirk.

Zelo stepped forward and reached for the camera. "First, introduce yourself. I bet your identity is a mystery that they want to solve." He said as he took the camera, turning it to the masked male. The masked male laughed and lightly shook his head.

"Alright, fine." He reached up and grabbed his mask before pulling it down. "They just call me by J-Hope - and that's all you're getting. Now let's go! This is the exciting part." Zelo laughed and handed J-Hope the camera.

"You're right. Kajja." Zelo sent a wink to the camera before he began walking. Himchan took a cautious glance at Yongguk but merely saw the same tense body and still expression as he had seen all day. He looked up at Jongup with a worried expression; Jongup returning his gaze with a frown and a furrowed brow.

Zelo stopped walking, slipping his arm around someone's shoulders as he approached them. "Hey, introduce yourself." He grinned. The unknown male blinked in confusion before he grinned cheekily.

"Name's Suga but don't let my name and looks fool  ya. I may look sweet and I'm really bitter." He introduced, saluting the camera with two fingers.

"Wanna come with us to see Daehyun?" Zelo grinned and nudged Suga. Suga looked up at Zelo and nodded eagerly. "Let's go! We'll introduce whomever we run into if they didn't already beat us there." Zelo removed his arm from around Suga and continued walking down the hall, J-Hope and Suga close behind.

Suga hummed softly as he observed the hallways. "Looks like everyone did. Ah well. They'll introduce themselves to the camera regardless." He speculated. J-Hope chuckled and opened a door, letting them in before he himself walked in. The room was large but poorly lit, though a couple silouettes could be spotted here and there. A lamp hanging from the ceiling was the only source of light, illuminating someone bound to a chair.

"Everyone, everyone. How about you come forth and introduce yourself. But bring some light with you. The lighting in here is ty." Suga announced. A couple chuckles could be heard followed by some footsteps. A flash light and it was turned upward so that the holder's face could be seen.

"Jackson Wang at your service. I'm short but I'll cut your in two." Jackson warned while pointing a finger. He passed the flashlight on to the person behind him before stepping out of the way.

"Name's Namjoon, but everyone calls me Rap Monster. Completely insignificant to my current job, but alright." Namjoon chuckled then passed the flashlight to the male behind him.

The male seemed to hesitate for a second before he got nudged forward. The flashlight raised and the light shined on to the person's face. Yongguk recognized him - the photos he gave to Detective Im, the red head. He immediately looked over at Detective Im and noticed he was just staring but his eyes began to sparkle as tears flooded in his eyes.

"Uh.." The red head spoke, his deep voice was flooded with hesitation. "Mark Tuan..but uh...I'm sure you all know me back there.." Mark lingered for a second. "Jaebum--"

"Alright, on to the next one!" J-Hope shouted, cutting Mark off. Mark lowered his gaze before handing the flashlight to the male behind him. A very young looking male stepped forward with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Jungkook here." He said before handing it to the next person.

"My name is Youngjae but everyone calls me Choi since there's two Youngjae's here and this is Yugyeom. Does that cover it?" Youngjae questioned, his arm slinged around Yugyeom's shoulder.

Yugyeom grinned and looked up at Youngjae. "Let's not forget the main stare and Boss." He pointed out. J-Hope chuckled and went past him, walking towards the figure confined to a chair. There was another male standing beside the chair with his arms acrossed; Youngjae.

"Wait a minute, Youngjae's the boss? Are you ing kidding me?" Jongup hissed.

Youngjae looked up, blinking in surprise once he saw the camera before smiling. "Guess you guys are eager, huh?" They all cheered in response. "Alright. Let's get to it then. Daehyun-ah, say hello." Youngjae reached up and grabbed a fistful of Daehyun's hair, yanking his head back. Daehyun winced, squeezing one eye shut as he let out a small whimper. A cut was on his lower lip and a visible, yet still forming, bruise was on his cheek along with finger-like bruisings on his throat. The sight of Daehyun made Yongguk flinch and squeeze his eyes shut for a couple seconds before boldly peeking his eyes open.

"Awh. I guess he's shy. He won't say anything!" Jungkook whined. Youngjae chuckled as Daeyun bit his lip, refusing to say a single word.

"Come on, Daehyun." Youngjae raised his hand and slapped Daehyun hard, making the other male yelp in pain. Daehyun let out a shaky breathe as tears flooded his eyes. He his lips, tasting the bitter taste of his own blood as the cut got re-opened. "Now," Youngjae stepped closer and grabbed his hair, pulling his head back against. "Say a couple ing words now. Or do you want to see the man you love watch you die?" Daehyun's eyebrows slowly pulled together and he swallowed thickly.

"Come on." J-Hope urged on, stepping closer to him. "Beg him to come save you."

Daehyun remained silent for a moment and just stared at the camera as tears rolled down his cheeks. "Y...Yongguk-hyung..." He whimpered out. Daehyun's broken voice is what made Yongguk immediately shatter. He reached up and covered his mouth as tears poured down his cheeks like waterfalls. There a large tug at his heart and he swore he felt it begin to break. "Don't...Don't come for me..." Youngjae looked up at the camera with an amused grin, his eyebrows raised. "Don't come for me." Daehyun shook his head weakly. "They're..gon

Please log in to read the full chapter