우려 [apprehension]

One Shot {remake}
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter XV 우려 [apprehension]

everything will be revealed in due time

        "I told you this once but I guess I'll have to repeat myself." He growled slightly, the irritation growing more and more; it was swelling inside of him and making his hands shake. "My name is Jung Daehyun. I was born in Busan. My birthday is June 28 1993. I was in the gang called B.A.P along with the members Yongguk, Zelo, Jongup, Himchan, and Youngjae. Youngjae is the leader of the gang that kidnapped me but Zelo was the mastermind behind the plan. I'm telling you! I got my memory back! I know ing everything, okay?!"

The two interrogators in front of him glanced at each other before one nodded. The other sighed a little and turned to the mirror, which was technically a one-way window, and gestured. Daehyun's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he looked up as the door opened then bolted to his feet.

"Jaebum!" He exclaimed then went over to him. "I swear to god--I remember everything! If they keep asking me questions, they'll be on the ground."

Jaebum blinked, startled and a little intimidated. "Alright, alright. Calm down, Daehyun." He reassured, reaching up to squeeze his shoulder. Daehyun inhaled through his nose and exhaled as he looked down at the ground. "We believe you. We just...had to make sure." Daehyun set his jaw and remained silent for a moment before he looked back up at Jaebum with an intense gaze.

"I need to see them." He murmured but his tone was firm. He wasn't going to take no as answer and the look Jaebum had in his eyes knew that as well. So with a soft, defeated, breathe, Jaebum nodded. With the rest of his squad's guidance, they lead Daehyun into the cell building. As they walked down the many corridors, Daehyun could see the inmates looking at him; some acting as if they saw a ghost. He recognized a few of them from Youngjae's gang; names he didn't know but faces he remembered.

"You all will rot here." Daehyun hissed out and they all immediately shifted their attention elsewhere with wide eyes. He could hear one of them murmur "I don't have a good feeling about this" to his cell mate. They turned a couple more corners and passed more jail cells with occupants who didn't even bother acknowledging them before reaching a certain section when Jaebum turned to him, held up a finger and told him to wait for a second. Daehyun watched Jaebum walked towards a cell and nod at Jungkook to unlock the cell.

"Himchan, Jongup." He called out. Daehyun could feel his heart do flips in his chest and he immediately stood up straight, his eyes wide in excitement and anxiety. "You got a visitor."

"Huh...?" Jongup murmured warily, getting off of his bunk. He exchanged confused shrugs with Himchan as the other got off of his bunk as well.

"It's Daehyun." Taehyung informed with a warm smile. "He's come to see you." At this, the duo bolted out of their cell before completely freezing as their gazes locked with Daehyun's. Sensing their hesitation, Jinyoung stepped forward.

"It's okay." He chuckled with an approving nod. "He remembers."

Himchan let out a shaky breathe, an act Daehyun mimicked a second later. "Everything..?" He questioned and glanced at Jinyoung, who nodded once again.

"Oh my god...Oh my god. Hyung." Jongup sobbed as he ran to Daehyun. Daehyun opened his arms and engulfed the younger in a tight hug, burying his face into Jongup's shoulder as they both cried. "Hyung. Hyung."

"I'm here. I'm here." Daehyun reassured, rubbing his back and opened one eye. He lifted one arm and welcomed Himchan into the hug as the elder approached them with tears in his eyes.

"I can't believe this." Himchan spoke as they broke away from the emotional hug moments later. He held Daehyun's face in his hand and scanned his eyes before smiling, relieved and looking so thankful. "I can't believe this... T-They said you visited a while ago but that was when you had no memory."

Daehyun nodded a little and leaned into his welcoming touch. "I know, hyung, but now I do." He exhaled while still hugging a sobbing Jongup.

"What...What are you going to do now?" Himchan asked as he took his hands away then glanced at Jaebum.

"He's been helping us identify the gang members that escaped." Jungkook informed with a proud nod. "Every single one of them have been caught thanks to him."

"...Even Zelo?" Jongup sniffled as he lifted his head. "I heard Zelo got caught too..."

Jimin sighed a little. "He has. But he's being held in solitary confinement right now." Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "For attacking an officer--" Jimin glanced at Taehyung, who pouted and rubbed his rib-cage. "--and trying to escape."

"Did you want to see him?" Jaebum asked, seeing the look Daehyun had in his eyes. But Daehyun merely shook his head.

"No. Not yet. But I will soon. Meanwhile," Daehyun smiled softly at Jongup and kissed his forehead before looking back up at Jaebum. "Call for a press conference." Jaebum's squad exclaimed in shock and confusion.

"A press conference? W-Waeyo?!" Taehyung exclaimed, his eyes wide in protest. "Daehyun, you haven't even fully recovered--"

Jimin held his hand up for everyone to silence and took a step forward. "Stop, guys." He sighed. "He wants to reveal what happened."

"What truly happened." Daehyun corrected. "The people behind it, every single tiny detail." His eyes hardened and his hold on Jongup tightened a little. "I will destroy everyone responsible for this."

Jaebum studied Daehyun for a moment before nodding, closing his eyes with a soft sigh. "Before we leave...did you want to see Yongguk for a moment?" Daehyun visibly perked up at the mention of his name and immediately nodded. Jaebum smiled softly and nodded, letting Jongup and Himchan exchange more words with Daehyun before they went back into their cell. Daehyun sighed a little and gripped the front of his shirt as Jaebum guided him a little further down the cell. He peered into the cell as Jaebum began unlocking it then stepped aside to let him in. As Daehyun slowly walked into the cell, he not only noticed that Yongguk was fast asleep but he saw the pictures of himself - along with the others - hanging on the walls.

"Oh, Yongguk." He murmured as his eyes softened, his hand reaching out to touch a picture of him and Yongguk. "You must have mourned so much... I bet these pictures haunted you." Daehyun turned around as he heard Yongguk shift, watching him turn so he was facing Daehyun. Still sound asleep. He smiled softly and approached Yongguk's bed before sitting down on it.

"We put Yongguk by himself in the cell." Jaebum randomly informed. "We figured that if he was placed with a cell mate, they'd attack each other." Daehyun nodded softly, his gaze never leaving Yongguk's sleeping face.

"Yeah, Yongguk gets easily provoked. So that's a smart decision." Daehyun chuckled as he caressed Yongguk's cheek fondly. "I remember when he beat someone near to death for calling me a ..." He shook his head a little at the memory and furrowed his eyebrows as the familiar sting of tears began to form in his eyes. He leaned down and gently placed his lips against Yongguk's before murmuring. "Just give me a little more time. I'll be there. I'll be right there. Wait for me, okay? Wait for me, Yongguk." (a/n: remember this??? refer to chapter 11 'history'! it's a foreshadow!)

Jaebum smiled softly at the scene but had to speak up. "Daehyun." He called out softly. "C'mon. It's time to go." Daehyun nodded a little and pressed his forehead against Yongguk's for a couple seconds before standing up. He let out a breathe and wiped his tears away as he began walking out of the cell. Yongguk's eyes slowly fluttered open and he tiredly gazed at Daehyun's back as the other left the cell, Jaebum closing it and locking it behind him.

"...Daehyun?" He murmured, too low for the other to hear before drifting back into sleep.

"Has the press conference been called?" Daehyun asked as they walked down the hall.  Jaebum nodded. "When does it start?"

"In 45 minutes. We'll get you ready until then." Daehyun gave him a skeptical look. "What? You haven't showered yet and you need new clothes!" Jaebum persisted. Daehyun blinked and looked down at himself. His clothes looked all disheveled and messed up with wrinkled an a few stains here and there. His nose scrunched up as he smelled his shirt.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Jaebum laughed as he guided him out of the building and towards the parking lot. "While you shower at our house, Mark will  go the nearby mall to buy you an outfit. After the conference is over, we'll situate you a new apartment that will be right next to ours. We got some new furniture already installed there and we'll take you grocery shopping for some food."

Daehyun nodded a little at the information. "You're confident enough that I can start living on my own?" He asked warily with a raised eyebrow.

"Like Jungkook stated a while ago, you're a badass." Jaebum shrugged as he got into his car, Daehyun getting into the passenger seat. "So I'm sure if anyone you don't know knocks on the door, you'll kick their ." Daehyun laughed as he put on his seat belt. "Plus, we'll be right there in case you need anything. And, as for a job, you can choose. We got a couple positions opened at the police department."

Daehyun perked up slightly. "Well... the people there... I've gotten so familiar with them. What's the job positions?" He asked as Jaebum pulled out of the driveway, taking a second to look both ways before he took a right and began driving.

"Well, there's an interrogator position open. There's also a security guard opening, a front desk position, a couple police officer positions, and a assistant position open." Jaebum grinned and side glanced Daehyun. "I got you signed up for the test for the police officer position. It's next month and I already got you the study material. Meanwhile, I got you the position for the assistant. You start tomorrow."

"What will I be doing?" Daehyun asked, blinking curiously.

Jaebum chuckled a little and shifted his hand on the steering wheel so he's only holding it with one hand. "You'll be working with me and my squad. Every squad captain has an assistant and originally, mine was Mark. But he recently got promoted to an official police officer so he's now on my squad. So now, you'll be my assistant and once you pass the test, you'll also be on my squad. Does that sound good?"

Daehyun exhaled and leaned into his seat, his face blooming with a content smile. "That sounds perfect. Thank you, Jaebum."

The captain chuckled and shook his head. "Don't call me Jaebum anymore." Daehyun blinked in confusion. "It's boss now, punk."

---

"You nervous?" Taehyung questioned, stuffing his hand into his pockets as he watched Daehyun fix his outfit. Mark had picked out a simple but casual outfit for him to wear for the conference that Daehyun slipped into once he finished showering. He even got his hair cut a little bit as well. He wore white, slightly floral printed, t-shirt and a pair of simple faded blue skinny jeans (this selca is what he currently is looking like). He had to admit; even he looked a lot better once he got cleaned up. The bruises were all gone and the wounds were now healed or scarred up, hidden behind clothes.

"Me? Nervous?" Daehyun glanced up and chuckled a little. "A little bit. I was never really good at public speaking."

"Just pretend they're all as they run after each other, throwing Skittles everywhere while shouting 'taste my rainbow, motherer!'" Taehyung replied and when Daehyun looked up at him skeptically, the idiot had a big grin on his face as if that was the normalest thing someone could say. Jinyoung snickered as Jungkook lowered his head in second hand embarrassment.

"What Taehyung is trying to say," Mark stepped forward after rolling his eyes a little bit. "Just focus and take deep breathes. We'll be right next to you so if they ask any uncomfortable questions that you don't want to answer, we'll be able to stop them." Daehyun nodded and gave him a soft smile in return.

Jaebum walked into the room and noticed that Daehyu

Please log in to read the full chapter