자유 낙하 [free fall]

One Shot {remake}
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter XVIII 자유 낙하 [free fall]

"increase the speed and i leave my heart to you"

        "Why are you so tense, babe?" Mark spoke softly, his hands raising up to gently massage Jaebum's shoulders. The younger seemed to relax as a puff of air left his lips. "Was it because of that bust your team made?"

"It was too easy." Jaebum clicked his tongue disapprovingly and shook his head. "They practically just let us arrest them. Illegal drug and gun busts are always more violent than this." He turned his head and looked back at Mark. "Do you think they've planned something?" He asked.

Mark blinked a little. "Well... you do have a point. Do you want me to ask one of your squad members to go interrogate one of them?"

"I'll do it." A voice joined in, causing the 2 males to look up. Jungkook stepped in, carrying a cup holder with 3 coffees in it. "I got you your coffee, just like you requested."

"Ah, thank you." Jaebum lifted his hand and took his coffee, sipping the hot liquid with a hum of delight before turning his attention back to Jungkook. "You want to interrogate one of them? May I ask why?"

Jungkook gave him a pointed look. "He made a comment about Jimin's ." He deadpanned. Mark choked on his coffee.

"Oh?" Jaebum shared an amused look with Mark before they both chuckled. '"Fine, fine. Go ahead." He gave in, waving his hand a little. Jungkook perked up a little and nodded quickly before practically sprinting out of the room.

"He's so possessive." Mark chuckled. Jaebum couldn't help but roll his eyes.

"Speak for yourself, hyung." At Mark's confused expression, Jaebum leaned back in his ear with a perk of his eyebrow. "You nearly yanked the leader's off because he pinned me to a wall."

Mark sputtered, his eyes widening. "He kept saying ual to things to you!" He squawked and Jaebum bursted into laughter as he stood up. "The prick needed to know his place."

"Yeah, well, I suppose you cutting off circulation in his was a lesson well learned." Jaebum smirked and patted Mark's shoulder as he walked by him towards one of the filing cabinets. "Besides, I knew he wouldn't get far anyways."

It was Mark's turn to raise an eyebrow. "So what you're saying is that you let him do that to you because you knew I'd do something about it?" He scoffed only for his jaw to drop in disblief as he saw Jaebum nod, even with the younger's back at him as he searched through one of the cabinet drawers.

"You're too easy to read, hyung." Jaebum chimed calmly. Mark shot him a look and folded his arms across his chest like a child for a moment before groaning.

"Okay, you know what? Forget about that thirsty pig. You, however," Mark hissed and the next thing Jaebum knew, he was being pinned on top of his desk. "need to be taught a lesson." Jaebum's eyes widened and he squirmed a little but Mark's hold on his wrists didn't falter.

"Y-Yah! A-And what do you think you're doing, huh?! Someone could walk in! Let go!" He protested.

Mark chuckled and pinned Jaebum's wrists above his head as he leaned down, his free hand gripping on to Jaebum's meaty thigh. "Let them." He growled against the captain's lips. "Maybe then they'll know not to talk about you as if you're a piece of meat, that you belong to me." Jaebum swallowed thickly as he stared up at his fiance with wide eyes. What did he just get himself into...?

"Oh! You're back!" Taehyung chirped and shot up from his chair as Jungkook walked in, straightening his messed up tie. "Christ, Jungkook, that must have been one hell of an interrogation." Jungkook's once styled hair was now a ruffled mess and his tie was practically undone, as was his shirt wasn't even tucked in anymore.

"I threw a few punches." Jungkook shrugged casually, as if he was allowed to do that. But then he paused. "Don't tell Cap'."

"They have cameras in the interrogation room." Jimin pointed out with a not-so-amused expression. "You're an idiot, Jungkook."

Jungkook shot him a look. "Now what kind of boyfriend would I be if I let someone make comments about your ? No matter how delicious it looks." He scoffed. Jimin's jaw droppped. Taehyung choked on his coffee and began coughing.

"Christ, you need a filter." Taehyung coughed.

Jimin shrugged. "Well, there's been worse in this office... For example- yah, Jeon Jungkook, don't go into Captain's office!" Jimin shrieked in a hushed whimper as he ran over to Jungkook to tug him away from the door. At first Jungkook was lost but then as they all a particular loud moan, everyone froze.

". . . Are you ing-" Jungkook groaned and turned to begin pounding on the door. "YOU KNOW IF YOU GUYS WERE THAT FOR EACH OTHER, YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST HAD THE DECENCY TO DO IT IN A PRIVATE AREA AND NOT IN YOUR GOD DAMN OFFICE!"

"I leave the police station for 2 hours and there's chaos already?" A voice laughed and they all turned. Daehyun stood in the main doorway with an amused expression and an envelope in his hand. "The heck is going on now?"

"You don't wanna kn-"

"Jaebum and Mark are having office ." Taehyung chirped, cutting Jimin off, and popped a chip into his mouth.

Daehyun made a look of disgust. "Okay, well, anyways, I'm here to talk to the new Chief. Can one of you lead me to his office? I know I'm not allowed back there without an ." He requested, holding up the envelope.

"I will!" Jimin volunteered, throwing his arm up without a beat of hesitance before running over to him. "I need to away from all this for a little bit." Daehyun smiled and laughed softly, following the younger as he was led to the elevator.

"I don't blame you." He shook his head and leaned against the elevator door. "How was the drug bust? Heard one of the guards talking about it on my way in." Daehyun tilted his head curiously. "I heard it was pretty damn easy, too."

Jimin groaned a little. "Damn right it was easy. It was almost boring, actually. We all think they have something planned so Jaebum sent Jungkook to interrogate one of them. Though he never did say how it went." He hummed in realization, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Well, he seemed a little too pleased with himself so I'm assuming it went well." Daehyun laughed and stepped out of the elevator as the doors opened. Jimin grinned and skipped after him before blinking as he stared at the envelope.

"Hey, hyung?" He tugged on Daehyun's sleeve. "What's in the envelope?" Jimin asked.

Daehyun set his jaw. "Hm. You'll find out. It's been something I've been saving up for since I won the lawsuit." He nodded a little and turned his head to look at Jimin. "I've been waiting a month to get to this point and I'm not in the position to have a 'no' thrown at me. So he better accept my offer."

Jimin swallowed. "Or.. what?"

Daehyun looked away. "Or things will get ugly. Real quick." He spoke with a light growl, making the younger frown a little - nervous for the upcoming situation. They continued to head toward the Chief's office in silence; Jimin continuously looking at Daehyun and noticing how his expression was tense yet determined. Something was about to go down and Daehyun was going to get the answer he seeked, no matter what.

Jimin knocked on the door and waited for a 'come in' to grant him permission to open the door. The new Chief was sitting at his desk, too busy doing paper work to lift his head. Chief Kim Soohyuk. He was stern yet lean back. In Jimin's eyes, he was fully capable of being Chief; he had the personality of one.

Daehyun said nothing as he calmly strided over to the Chief's desk and slammed the envelope on it. Chief Kim jolted a little and looked up to begin scolding whoever did that only to pause as he saw Daehyun's stern expression. The Chief looked down at the envelope then back up at Daehyun before he grabbed the envelope. He began to open it then peered inside, gasping in shock at the contents before looking up at Daehyun in shock.

"Now will you give me my answer?" Daehyun hissed.

---

"69...70...71...72...73...74...75...76...77...78....79....80." Yongguk counted in heavy pants as he continued to do push-ups. His biceps were a bit thicker muscle-wise and covered a fine layer of sweat, as was his entire torso. It was pretty much the only thing he could do in his cell aside from the occasional book red or staring at Daehyun's pictures that were neatly hanging on the wall. Himchan and Jongup, whose shared cell had gotten moved so they were directly beside Yongguk, were given the luxury of a little radio. Right now, the tunes of a song that had been identified as 'Not Today' was soothing his ears, though it was soon erupted as Jongup began to horridly sing along to the song.

"Yo, will you shut the up?" Himchan groaned in annoyance. Yongguk grinned a little in amusement as he stood up, wiping his sweat away with his shirt.

"It's a great song!" Jongup shrieked.

"Yeah, well you're ruining it when you sing it like that." Himchan snorted. "Besides, who sings this song anyways?"

"Some band called Bangtan Boys. Heard Jimin and Jungkook are in it."

Yongguk raised an eyebrow. "Really? Jimin and Jungkook are in a band?" He called out. The music was turned down a little so they could hear each other properly.

"Yeah! Jimin was talking all about it yesterday; saying that he was so busy over the past couple of weeks figuring out a new choreography that he made for some kind of competition that he and Kook were in." Jongup explained. "He said that the winner of the competition got to make 2 music videos and have both songs be played on the radio. But there's so much hype about the songs that there's a huge fanbase already and Jimin said that even got scouted by some entertainment. So he had to talk to Jaebum about cutting their hours so they could manager being a trainee as well."

Yongguk hummed low and looked at the picture of Daehyun on the wal

Please log in to read the full chapter