부정직 [dishonesty]

One Shot {remake}
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter II 부정직 [dishonesty]

you can't tell who's lying or telling the truth anymore...

        It has been several hours since the small fight occured. Daehyun had locked himself in his bedroom, sitting on his bed and staring at nothing in deep thought. As if trying to process everything and justify things, he blocked out everyone and remained in solitude to think. As of now, that's the only thing he could do without exploding at anythiing that moved. He was angry. Angry at everything. Could Zelo really be the mastermind behind all of this? Could he be the one fooling them all? A part of Daehyun was trying to be rational; maybe it was his jealousy of the fact that Zelo has Yongguk's heart and it's him trying to separate them. But the other part of him is knawing at the lack of convincable evidence provided to them.

Daehyun sighed in frustration and rubbed his face. "It could be Zelo, yet it could not be. The point here is that something is up. Something suspicious is brewing, and someone is lying. There has to be a traitor amongst us - there's no other way to put it." His head remained in his face for another moment before slowly lifting up as he heard a knock on the door. He looked up and stared at the door, silent, before he got up and opened the door. Yongguk stood there, his eyes locked on the ground.

"Zelo has a plan...He told me to come get you."

Daehyun noticed his awkwardness and sighed in irritation as he stepped out of the room. "You could have easily told Jongup to come get me." He grumbled as he walked past Yongguk, their shoulders lightly brushing. Yongguk frowned and messed his hair up, the plan of apologizing flying out of the window. He cursed silently to himself before he followed behind Daehyun, walking into the living-room. Daehyun leaned against the wall and folds his arms against his chest, his eyes watching Zelo approach Yongguk. His heart sank as the younger kissed Yongguk before snuggling his way into his arms. Zelo looked up and blinked, noticing Daehyun staring intensely at him.

"...Hyung, why are you staring at me like that?" He asked. Yongguk looked up at Daehyun and frowned a bit, tightening his arms around Zelo. Daehyun looked away with a slight scoff.

"Tell me your plan before I decide to go back in my room. I was thinking." He replied. Himchan sneaked a glance at Jongup, who nodded.

"What were you thinking about?" Jongup pushed forward gently, not wanting to make Daehyun more upset.

Daehyun let out a soft growl as he rolled his shoulders, leaning his head back against the wall as he closed his eyes. "Tell me the ing plan already!" He slightly shouted. "Don't toy with me. I'm not in the mood." Jongup frowned and nodded at Zelo before taking a seat.

"It's the only logical plan we could come up with. We're going to rob a bank." Zelo informed. "We're going to attack the weakest bank though, too much security will be a hassil. But I managed to get ahold of some old friends and convinced them to help up on the gig." Daehyun's eyes opened and he peered over at Zelo, his eyes narrowing a bit. "We've agreed that they will be going in as decoys. We'll be wearing disguises though. They'll take the money, we'll meet and switch the duffle bags."

"How the hell will this fly?" Daehyun questioned. "Us? Wearing disguises? Must be some disguises then."

"It's the only thing we got, Daehyun." Himchan shrugged. "I know, it's kinda dumb, but we'll have to go with it." Daehyun sighed deeply and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Alright. Alright, fine. Who are these old friends of yours and when is thie heist taking place?" He reluctantly complied. Zelo took his phone out and looked through the text messages.

"It will occur in one hour." He answered. "And hyung, I hope you know that I'm not up to anything...horrible." Daehyun looked at the wall in front of him before he side-glanced Zelo, looking directly into his eyes. "I'm not up to anything bad, I promise." Daehyun stared at him and narrowed his eyes. Himchan and Jongup watched Daehyun react to Zelo's words silently, studying his expressions. Daehyun stopped leaning off of the wall and turned his body to face Zelo. They stared at each other for a good minute before Daehyun scoffed and walked away, going back into his room. Himchan swallowed thickly and looked at Jongup, who sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. Himchan got to his feet and walked after Daehyun before gently knocking on the door.

"Can I come in?" He asked softly. Daehyun sat down on his bed and rested his elbows on his knees, threading his fingers together. He nodded softly in response to Himchan's question, letting the elder come in and shut the door behind him. "Well?" Daehyun raised his head and looked at him, a bit puzzled. "Was...Was Zelo lying when he said all that?" Daehyun sighed and closed his eyes before turning his head away.

"...He was lying, Himchan...I saw nor heard any sincerity in his voice and in his expression. And if he was telling the truth, he'd spew out things to try to prove his innocence. But he just stared at me." He answered, making Himchan frown. "Even if I tell Yongguk this, he won't believe me unless I present valid proof, and until then, he won't believe a single word I'm saying." Daehyun got to his feet and fixed his pants. "With that said, I think it's best that I stay clear of Yongguk for a while."

"Dae..." Himchan whispered, grabbing Daehyun's arm before he could leave the room. "...You know if you had confessed to him before Zelo, you probably could have gotten his heart." Daehyun didn't bother to look at him nor respond before yanking his arm away from his hold. He opened the door and left the room, heading into the bathroom for a hot shower.

Please log in to read the full chapter