Chapter Nine

Brother's Secret

She giggled as she dragged the other by the arm, holding onto him tightly, "Did you grow muscles?" she asked squeezing the muscles flex under her fingers. She smiled, actually liking the feeling of his arm.

Chuckling he nodded, patting her head, "I did, like them~?" he grinned at her, winking. He found it amusing seeing Dara's flushed face, and thought it was cute. She nodded her head, laughing as she felt embarassed for admitting it. He laughed too and looked up as they stopped. His laugh died out as they stood in front of the cafe she wanted to go to.

"Here we are. The cafe I wanted to take you to," she smiled wide, taking him in. It was the same one that he and Xiumin went to before. Walking in, things couldnt get more coincidental. Around the corner of the cafe, sat Luhan and Xiumin. The bells ringing from the door, caught the shorter's attention. Eyes meeting, the squishy looking one stilled. Sighing after a while, Soohyuk looked away, things had to move on. Following the girl to the counter, he let her pick what she wanted offering to pay and he wouldnt take no for an answer. "Thank you Soohyuk-sshi," she said looking back at him.

"Its no problem, my treat for blowing you off yesterday," he smiled at her grabbing their food and walking to the table on the other side of the room. Away from them. She shook her head, telling him it was fine. Sitting down, he reached over to brush her hair to which she was startled in surprise. Laughing softly, he took a sip of his drink, "You ok?"

Laughing nervously, Dara leared , shy to look in his direction. "I-- you never acted this way before," laughing it off, she started to eat a pastery she ordered, "its a little surprising. But I like it," she admitted to it boldly. 

"Really?" he chuckled brushing his own hair as he saw her nod.

"Yea--" she cleared looking back at him, "and I wanted to ask you something. You know the dance is tomorrow.." she started, her voice fading off.

"Oh right, the dance. I wanted to ask you what color rose would a girl like. It's for my date," Soohyuk said to her and she drooped her shoulders after that. 

Her obvious expressions changed, eyes casting downwards. Giving out a small bitter smile she started to speak, "Ah you have a date already," she laughed. "A pink rose, a girl always likes pink," Dara advised him, honestly giving her opinion. She would be lying if she said she wasnt dissappointed. She was beyond upset, but guess she was too late.

Chuckling at her reaction, he reached over and grabbed one of the pink roses from the window and presented it in front of her, "Want to be my date for the dance tomorrow?"

He eyes widened at the sight and broke into a smile shaking her head, "Yah, how can you scare me like that?" clutching her chest as she pushed his shoulder. "You are terrible," but Soohyuk could only laugh. "Yes, I would love to go to the dance with you," Dara answered taking the rose.

Soohyuk grinned wider and wrapped his arm around her and hugged her, "You were adorable. I couldnt resist."

Even though they were quite far away he gripped his knees, glaring down at him. Why did he have to be so stupid, if only he had the guts to ignore his feelings and it up by talking with him, things would have been ok. But he couldnt, he just had to be this way. He could see and hear everything from his peripheral vision. Looking up as Luhan walked back to the table, he stared at him. He should try. At least put the effort.

Luhan looked at him confused, furrowing his brows, "Yes?" But he only blinked as Xiumin wrapped him hand around his nape and brought their faces closer together. Widening his eyes, his heart skipped a beat the heat rushing to his face, seeing what the older was about to do. Closing his eyes, a moment after his face was shoved, his head bumping into the wall. "Ow," he groaned clutching it as he saw Xiumin's red face.

Staring wide eyed at the bambi looking kid, he planted his face on the table covering his cheeks. "Wah-- oh my god... I am so sorry, I.. I dont know what I was doing-- I.." he whined in embarassment shutting his eyes tight. He couldnt go through with it. What was he thinking in the first place?

Luhan smiled patting the other's head, "Its ok, dont push it. You dont have to force yourself."

Looking at them, he sighed. Xiumin was completely red, up to his ears and down to his neck. Dara looked over at the noise being caused, "Who is that?"

Soohyuk shook his head turning to him, "No one. Did you find your dress for tomorrow?" he asked.

That got her attention and turned to him in shock, "No! I totally forgot," she gasped in horror. "Mind going shopping with me to see a few selections?" 

He nodded his head, getting up. "Lets go, I would like to see you in a dress," he added causing her to smile more. They walked out the cafe, heading over to the mall as they chatted their way through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea--- it's been a ing while hasn't it lol I already had this chapter done but didn't post it. I forgot why, maybe I had more to write?

I'll post this but I don't know when the next time I would update this. Don't wait up, it's ok to unsuscribe.