Chapter Five

Brother's Secret

The silence grew as the two stood there awkwardly. Clearing his throat Jackson looked over at his son, "Give him some time, he just needs to get use to it." The other stood there, looking where Xiumin ran off to. Soohyuk just gave a nod, not looking at his father who walked away moments after. Sighing, he brushed the hair from his head and sat down, leaning himself back. Draping his arm over his eyes, he grunted, his head pounding from the event that just happened.

 Feeling the couch dip, he didnt bother to look who it was. He felt a hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. "Hey, dont be so down. Baozi just needs some time to think thats all. At least this was out before it got too late right?" Changmin spoke, trying to give the other some reassurance. Though by the looks of it, it was not going so well. Sighing, he rubbed his head, "Its too late isnt it?" Soohyuk didnt talk, he just sat there, with his arms over his eyes.

Laying by the sink, he sniffed as his breathing calmed down. His eyes were red and puffy, face dried with tears stained. The pain in his chest still lingered but by this time, he learned to ignore it at the moment. He had no idea how long he stayed in there but he didnt care. After a couple of more moments, he stood up and unlocked the door. Opening it, he walked out heading to his room. On the way, Yunho was there walking to his own room and Xiumin just walked past him ignoring the other as he shut his own door locking it before climbing himself on the bed. Laying down he stared at his ceiling, mind blank.

Looking at the shut door, Yunho debated whether to knock on it or not. Before taking a step, Changmin walked up the stairs and gave him a look that suggest not to. "Appa told him.." Changmin said making Yunho's eyes widen.

"He told him?" he muttered looking back at the door. "Which one.."

Taking a silent breath, he said, "Not the recent one," making Yunho nod his head. "I dont know how Soohyuk is handling it. He is pretty quiet, but I dont think he is in a happy mood. They both need time.."

"Xiumin needs a lot of time," Yunho uttered before walking to his room.

After hearing the clock tick, he closed his eyes as he instantly stood up. Getting off the bed, he grabbed his spare room keys and walked towards the window. He was in the second floor but how hard could it be. Opening it, he carefully placed one leg out gripping onto the edge of the wall as he brought out his other leg. Holding the window carefully, he brought himself out lowering down to get a good balance. Trying to climb down, he gasped as his foot slipped, trying to grab the stems growing on the side of the house but he was too heavy. Plumetting down, he tried to grab anything his hands could grab but was useless as he fell straight to the ground.

The impact felt like a burst of ice water piercing your skin. He heard something crack, and it was not a good one. He felt wet and pain stinging every where. But he ignored it as he grunted, standing up and felt a sharp pain in his ribs. Walking out, he limped to where he was heading, shaking at the cold and eyes stinging.

Hearing the door bell ring, he groaned walking downstairs to get it. It was already so late, who would have the nerve to come at a time like this. "I swear, this better be important," he grumbled opening the door only to find Xiumin there, shaking, teary eyed, and bleeding. Widening his eyes in shock, he stuttered to find the right words. "Xiu-Xiumin? Oh my god? What happened to you? Why-oh you are bleeding! How-are you ok? Did something happen? Come inside qui-" his words were stopped as he was suddenly hugged by the other. The shorter burying his face in Luhan's chest, sniffles could be heard. Not knowing what to do, he tangled his fingers in Xiumin's hair and hugged the other closely, his heart beating widly fast seeing as how the other is still bleeding and hopefully nothing bad happened to him. "Lets go in Xiumin, I will tend to your wounds, dont cry," he tried soothing the older his hair as he shut the door closed.

He wrapped the elbow of the other, cleaning his wounds and wiping off the blood. Luhan looked at the sitting male who is still crying but glaring at the floor. He didnt know if he should say something but his injury looked serious. 

"Xiumin.. why dont I take you to the hospital? You seem-"

"No... I am fine.. trust me.." his voice croaked, sounded raspy and felt like he was losing it

Luhan nodded his head, looking at him carefully, "I rubbed some cream on you. You should be ok I think. But... what happened, no one hurt you right?" he asked softly putting the things away seeing Xiumin stare into space. Thank god his parents wasnt home. "Xiuminnie?"

"...not physically..." his voice sounded like a whisper, making it hard for Luhan to hear. 

"How did you become like this?" he asked again after a while. He didnt know what happen but he could tell it was serious. 

"I climbed out my window and fell.." he muttered causing the others eyes to go wide as a deer in headlights. 

"What the ? Are you crazy? This isnt some Romeo Juliet ! You could have gotten hurt you know that! No wait, seriously hurt! Why the hell would you do that?" he felt himself heat up in anger but he knew that did not good and Xiumin looked as if he was about to burst into tears again. Sighing, he calmed himself down, "I am sorry... just.. what happened?"

He stayed quiet, not saying a word and heard Luhan mumbling about bringing them to bed. Grabbing the others hand that was offered to him, he sighed and followed him up to his own room. He didnt want to think about it, it made his head spin. Climbing into the bed he winced at the pain he felt but just waved it away as he hugged the other. 

Feeling his hair he closed his eyes, swallowing the lump in his throat. Hopefully tomorrow would be a better day, and his body wouldnt hurt so bad. He heard the other saying some soothing words that he didnt really care. "Xiuminnie.. what happened?"

Pursing his lips, he sighed, "..He's my brother..."

"What?" cocking his head to the side, he looked at him confused.

"Soohyuk hyung.." his voice hitched, ".. he is my half brother.. we have the same appa.." 

Luhan stared at him in shock again, "Wait then.. you.." feeling Xiumin tense up he stopped himself and rubbed his back. "I am sorry.. how are you feeling?"

"Gross.. and disgusting.." muttered Xiumin, his stomach feeling as it is about to hurl again. He couldnt believe he was in love with his brother, why didnt they tell him before? This could have been prevented.

"It was a mistake, dont feel too bad. It cant be that horrible right?" Luhan tried to calm the other down but he only felt his shirt being gripped more.

"Cant be that horrible?" he uttered gripping his teeth, feeling his eyes sting more, "It is ing horrible! I fell in love with my brother! My own flesh and blood and I cant stop it! Its beyond horrible, its disgusting! Its gross! And it never should have happened! Im.. so gross and disgusting.. I cant believe I love one of my family member that I didnt even know I had.." he muffled his cries in the other's shirt wiping, getting it dirty.

Rubbing the other's back he hugged him tighter, "You arent gross or disgusting, you didnt know. It wasnt your fault, just try to rest." he told the other and looked down, feeling his shirt dampening, "...my shirt though.. ew..."

After sitting there a while, he sighed as he checked over at the time. It was getting late and he should be heading to bed. Getting up, he walked up the stairs to head to his room but stopped at Xiumin's door. Staring at it, he walked towards the door leaning against the wall. Knocking softly on it, he called out, "Minseok-ah..." he heard silence as he tried again, "Minseok-ah?" again no voice heard. Sighing, he leaned his head towards the wall. "Minseok-ah, I am sorry we didnt tell you this sooner. We just didnt want to hurt you or Kris. Dont be mad at appa but you could be mad at me. I'm really sorry Minseok, I didnt mean for all this to happen. Minseok-ah?" when the other didnt speak he pushed himself away from the wall. "We can talk in the morning, good night Minseok." after saying that he walked straight to his room.

As morning came, the family was in the kitchen eating their breakfast. It was quiet and awkwardness filled the air. Mark and Jackson was the first one to go since they have work to do both giving a meaningful look at Soohyuk.The four didnt speak, just looking around and eating. Kris was the first to speak and look up. "Its pretty unfortunate to have you as our brother Soohyuk hyung." Soohyuk looked at him in confusion. "Appa told me," he replied, "dont get me wrong. I love the idea that you are my brother, I always felt we had a connection but.." his voice grew softer, "its pretty unfortunate for Minseok hyung," he mumbled getting up to put the plate in the sink, "I am done eating. Going to go up to my room."

Seeing the other go up he sighed looking at his mug. "Is Minseok-ah still in his room?" Soohyuk asked staring at the stairs. 

"No, he is at Luhan's house. Luhan texted me. Xiumin is staying over so he wont be coming home until tomorrow," Yunho told him. Soohyuk stared, shocked at what the older said. Was he really that mad? Did he hate him now? Snapping out of his thoughts, he looked over at Changmin who sat next to him.

"Give him time. So, tell us about that girl that likes you, now is the time to perfectly get yourself some girl to date. Who knows, you might really like her." 

The day went by fast as it already turned dark. Kris sat at the couch next to Soohyuk who looked pretty calm despite the events earlier. "Hyung.." Kris called the older.

Looking over he smiled, "Whats up Kris~?" 

He looked down, not sure if it was ok to ask this, "Are you and Minseok-hyung in a fight?" The other looked shocked but only smiled denying it, saying that they will be ok. "What if you guys dont talk to each other any more?"

"Kris dont be silly, Minseok needs some time for himself. I can wait that long," he reassured the other.

Kris nodded his head, "Do you care for him?" 

Blinking, he was startled at first, not knowing what to say. After a while, Soohyuk nudged the other's head, "Of course I care for him, why wouldnt I?" he laughed.

"You promise things are going to be ok?"

"Yah, I promise! What is with all these questions," he shook his head chuckling. "Lets head to bed, I think we all need some rest."

After some restful sleep, the two youngest woke up to get ready for school. They decided to walk to school today declining their hyung's offer giving them more sleep. Making breakfast for the family, Soohyuk gave some to Kris who sat there eating looking through his phone. After they finished eating, they headed out and strolled along the path way. 

Arriving in school on time, they parted ways as they each headed to their locker. Visiting his locker, he took some books needed shutting it after, heading to Xiumin's locker. He hadnt seen the other the whole day yesterday, and wondered if he was still upset. it worried throughout the past twenty four hours. "Minseok-ah," he called out.

Hearing his name, he tensed as he shut his locker closed and started to walk away. Luhan being there just awkwardly followed. Frowning he caught up with the other and grabbed his shoulder, "Wait, Minseok-ah we need to talk.."

Feeling his shoulder being grabbed, he felt his heart skip a beat and that scared him. Jerking his shoulder back, he grabbed it rubbing on it. He couldnt look the other in the eye, his face showing a wave of emotions. He felt his body tingle and his stomach feeling like he was about to hurl again. 

Looking at the shorter, it scared him a little, and he was beyond worried. "Min-"

"Stop.." Xiumin interupted, feeling like he was about to burst out crying. "Dont... dont touch me..."

He stood there, still, silent, and speechless. His eyes softened at the other, he didnt want the other to hate him. Feeling guilty as it is, he didnt want this to ruin anything between them. Taking a step forward he spoke, "Mins-"

"No stop.." taking a step back, he gripped on his shoulder, "...leave me alone.." and with that, he left the other walking away as quickly as possible. Luhan gave Soohyuk an apologetic look following after the other.

"Xiuminnie wait!"

He would be lying if he said that it didnt hurt, his chest feeling pain as he stared at him leave. Did he really hate having him as a brother? Would things be different now? He didnt want to believe it, but he didnt want Xiumin to suffer. Sighing, he felt a pang of emotions in his heart. Brushing his hair away he turned around and walked to his first class.

"Give him time... tell us about that girl... now is the time to perfectly get yourself some girl to date... you might really like her..."

--------------------------

Alright done!