Chapter Eight

Brother's Secret

Staring up at him, he froze not knowing what to say. Mind blank saw those eyes looking down at him. Did he really just ask him out? There was a possibility that all this could be a dream. Yea. A weird dream. But that did not stop him from feeling the other's heart pound loudly. "I-- Luhan what... why?" was all he could say, he was utterly speechless and he felt bad for not being able to answer him.

Pursing his lips, he looked straight down at Xiumin, his eyes reflecting an emotion that was foreign to the one the bottom. "Xiuminnie... I hate seeing you hurt, I dont want you to end up hating yourself for the rest of your life. So date me. I can help you get over him, I can take your feelings away from him... and to me." he muttered softly at the last words, not sure if Xiumin heard him.

Staring at him, eyes wide and cheeks flushed, he hesitated to speak his words, "Lu.. Luhan.. do you... do you like me?" he asked, feeling the heaviness from his throat increase. He never imagined to be in this type of situation, especially with Luhan.

Looking at him, he smiled, gripping the sheets beside him. "You are my best friend, of course I like you. Even more than like, you are special to me. You were my first friend ever since I moved here from China," he chuckled. "So what do you say? Wanna date me?" he asked once more, avoiding the question and anwering it indirectly.

The words that came out made his whole body burn. It was embarrassing, having to hear that from someone else and having it directed at him. "But... wont you just end up hurt Luhan. What if doesnt work? I dont want to put you through that pain of having me dating you. What if I cant, then your effort was put to waste."

"Dont worry Xiuminnie~ I am very strong and I cant be hurt easily," he winked leaning in closer, "I know what I am getting into, but we wont know until we try right?" he smiled looking into his face.

He sighed as he sat back and looked at those two, the atmosphere dark and the tension in the air rose rapidly. He didnt like where this was going, he had a bad feeling about this. He swallowed the thick saliva in his throat, watching closely as they talked. His arms crossed as he gripped on his elbow, legs over the other. This cant go so wrong, if he is here then it cant go that wrong. His legs shook at a pace as he looked up at the stairs. Luhan is up there, making sure Xiumin doesnt come down. He sighed again, the bad feeling growing.

"I dont know what you want me to do, I have distance myself from him. We dont even talk to each other. What do you honestly want me to do," he glared at the older who sat across from them. 

"But nothing is working. What happened while you drove him home? He's stil like this, and you know there is not much time left. I know I am asking too much, but this needs to stop. Wh--"

"Cant you just stay out of our business? I have been trying, clearly he has been avoiding me like a plague. We cant just go ahead and do it, it doesnt work that way. You cant force a person's feelings to change like that!" the irritation in his voice is growing. He was contantly being told to make this work, to fix things. But how was he suppose to when the other just ignores him all day.

Silence came after that. It lingered for a moment longer then Yunho opened his mouth again, "What will you do when he finds out? We all know he is going to end up feeling hurt even more. You wanted to tell him yourself, then tell him. Why are you waiting so long to tell him? Prolonging this will only make things worse. There is not much time left and we all know it."

Getting up from his seat he glared at him, "If you think all this wrong then why dont you go and do everything yourself. Since you talk all big and mighty and think this is so easy then fix everything yourself. Go and make Minseok talk to me, make him stop ignoring me, mak--"

"I never said it was easy," he glared back standing up as well. "I'm trying to make things right before you have to leave. Who was the one that lead him on? Who was the one that let things come this far? When you noticed it, why didnt you stop it? Why didnt you distance yourself? You knew, you saw it coming but you did nothing to stop it. He feels like this because his feelings developed this far. He's acting like this because he hates himself for feeling this way. You are the older one, you should have stopped all this before it was too late. I tried, but you guys were closer.You knew this was wrong," he was shouting at the other now, clearly angry for letting things get so far. He should have been a better older brother since he was the oldest, "You knew and when you go away, how the do you think this is going to affect both of you in the future?!" At the last words, all he saw was a fist colliding with his cheek and he jerked back, feeling the pain stinging in his face.

Changmin stood up, the gut feeling became reality and panic rising in his throat. "Y-yah, calm down both of you," he tried to desperately to hold them together.

"Shut up," Soohyuk shouted back, "shut the up! I know alright? I know everything that happened between us is my fault too and I accept that!" his voice rose at the taller, everything he kept hidden was coming out, "but its hard! Its not easy as you make it sound to be! I have tried breaking the news to him but how can I if he ignores me like that? And when I tell them, then what? He is going to hate me even more than before. He told me he never wanted me as a brother. Do you know how much that hurts? We were close before all this, having him distance himself and not even try to make things up, its frustrating. But I dont blame him for feeling this way! If I tell him now, what do you think is going to happen? 'Dont touch me, dont look at me, leave me alone, dont talk to me' he's probably going to say those words to me and hate me even more! How is that going to fix things? I know I should have stopped him, but I didnt want to believe it. We had a close relationship, I didnt want to throw that away!" he panted, the anger was still evident in his face. Widening his eyes, he saw a fist coming his way and before he has a chance to react, it striked him in the jaw and stumbled back a few times. 

Shock filling his face, Changmin came in between them. "Stop it both of you!" he never saw either of them yell like that, or even hurt a fly, until now. "You guys are so loud! What if they--"

"Whats going on," Xiumin came in the room looking puzzled and a apologetic looking Luhan came in after. Looks like he couldnt keep Xiumin in the room. Looking at the surrounding, his eyes widened as he looked at the bruised faces, "Yah yah! Have you guys been fighting?" looking concerned he walked closer. His hyung and Yunho fighting, that was not something he expected at all. They were the least people who would be caught fighting since both were so understanding. "A-are.. are you guys ok.." he asked, feeling completely out of place especially with him and Soohyuk. Looking at his hyung's face, he felt a pang in his chest, seeing the emotions across Soohyuk's face. He wanted to say something, anything. But the words wouldnt come out. 

Staring at them both, Luhan pulled Xiumin's arm as he placed his hand over his mouth, "Well I dont know what was going on but I have some news. Xiuminnie and I are going t the dance together, he agreed to date me," he smiled trying to lighten up the mood. 

Everyone was shocked even Xiumin himself. Trying to pry then hand off, Luhan only gripped on harder and wrapped his other arm around Xiumin's chest making it look like an intimate hug. Soohyuk just stared at them in disbelief, he had no words to say. Not even congratulations came to his mind. Yunho just stared and sighed after a while, looking away. "Thats good, forget you saw this. It was nothing, just a mini quarrel." He smiled at them and walked away after. 

Changmin smirked, liking this turn of event for some reason. "Oh~? What have you guys been doing up there for so long hm?" he chuckled coming closer as he wiggled his brows. 

"We were feeling each other," Luhan replied with a grin and Xiumin twitched, flushing. Elbowing the bambi looking guy in the ribs, he was dragged to the door by him who was grunting in pain. Changmin's whistle could be heard in the background. 

Pushing the other off, Xiumin glared at him, "What the do you think you are doing? I told you I didnt want to do it, it wasnt worth it. Why did you tell them that?" he seethed in anger.

"Shh," covering his mouth once again he smiled, "It doesnt hurt to try. Plus lets see how it affects them, I am sure your hyung and that girl are going to hook up anyway, so why not play this game too." he whispered. That got Xiumin quiet and glared into space. He only sighed and shoved Luhan out, guess it couldnt hurt to try to see how they end up. Luhan smiled wider and ruffled his hair leaning in to kiss his cheek. "I will text you later, and Xiuminnie~ I am going to steal your first kiss okay?" he winked and walked away fully content with himself.

Xiumin only stared back eyes wide and hands holding his cheek as he could feel the heat radiate off. Slaming the door shut, he gripped the door knob, "That cocky bastard..."

Morning came quickly, and they were already headed into their class. He was tackled by a eager bambi looking kid who kissed his neck, "Xiuminnit good morning~ I texted you last night, why didnt you answer?"

"You were annoying, and my phone died," he answered walking to his seat. Hearing a gasp from the other, he inwardly groaned as he whined about him being harsh. He couldnt help it, all he wanted was things to go back to normal. Now he couldnt look at Soohyuk in the face. He felt agitated. He flinched as he saw Luhan inching closer to his face. Freaking out, he covered Luhan's lips and pushed him away, "Yah.. what are you doing?"

"You werent listening," he said sitting down, "So I was going to kiss you but you blocked it," he sighed placing his chin on his palm. Smiling at him, he pointed his finger towards him, "Lets go on date after school~ You, me, and the lovable couple atmosphere in the air." he grinned. "It can help you take your mind off of things you know," his smile became gentle patting the shorter's head.

Looking at Luhan, he pursed his lips. He didnt hate the idea. "Ok, sounds fun. But dont do anything weird."

Soohyuk sat beside Jongsuk who was texting someone. But he didnt care, his head really hurt and he just wanted to sleep in. He wanted to go home. Xiumin was dating Luhan, that caught him in a bit of a surprise. If he was moving on then he should too. It would make things easier. "Yo dude, the dance is coming up. You should ask Dara," Jongsuk grinned nudging him. Dara. She could be the one. She already likes him. 

Looking over at her, he stood up and walked over to her. Smiling as she turned around he spoke, "Dara, want to go out after school? To make up for blowing you off," he suggested hearing her friends giggle and whisper behind her.

Feeling her cheeks heat up, she smiled, "Arent you a smooth talker," she laughed. "Sure, lets go to the new cafe I told you about. It will be fun," she smiled looking up at him. "After school by the front of the school."

He nodded his head agreeing, "It's a date," he winked, walking back to his seat. She just stared back at him eyes wide and her whole face red, her friends squealing and nudging her. 

"Dude, you totally have her hooked," Jongsuk chuckled smirking at him. 

Brushing his hair, he only nodded his head. His heart wasnt in this at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Its done. I should post pictures of the actual SooMin in the RP, to show you guys how they act. Lol.

Its ing cute.