Chapter Six

Brother's Secret

Seeing the look on Soohyuk's face, Xiumin felt his heart break. He palmed his face trying to ignore the face printed in his head. "Oh my god.. what am I doing.." he muttered not wanting to hurt his older brother at all. "What the hell am I doing..? How can I do that to him, what is wrong with me?" He covered his mouth, feeling like he was going to puke

Grabbing his shoulders, he turned him around, "Xiuminnie? You ok" Luhan asked feeling worried. Nodding his head, he brushed the other off going to his first class. He needed to clear his head, everything was going out of place.

Sighing, he walked in the class sitting down as he leaned his head back closing his eyes. He can hear his friend chatting with some others and walked his way to him. "Hey man, didnt hear you come in. What's up? You seem down," Jongsuk sat beside him looking at him with a furrowed brow. The other wouldnt respond, just sat there his eyes closed. "Soohyuk?"

Sighing, he rubbed his temples opening his eyes. "Just tired. Really tired." Rolling his shoulders he sat up straight looking at his friend. 

"Really? Dude, I know you better than that. Whats really going on?" He asked crossing his legs as he stared holes in the other.

"Family issues," was all he said and Jongsuk nodded his head not getting further into the situation. 

Nudging his friend, he grinned at him nodding his head over to a certain corner. "Dude, Dara has been crushing over you since forever. Go over and talk to her, she's looking at you," he chuckled, "might get your mind off of things." he urged him

Thinking for a while, trying to reel his mind back to normal state, he figured why not. He needs to get his mind away from him, so starting something with Dara, he can always try. Before he could get up he already noticed Dara walking over. Smiling at her, he greeted her. "Hey boys, Dara came to say hi~" he smiled wide sitting in a seat in front of them 

"Good morning Dara," Soohyuk chuckled, "you seem in a good mood today."

Laughing she placed her arms on his desk, putting her head on them, "I am~ I am always in a good mood. So, I was wondering," she started looking at him with keen eyes, bringing her finger and pressing it onto his chest, "That you and I can hang out today. Maybe somewhere we can get to know each other more?"

Smirking, Jongsuk nudged him giving him a look, "You two have fun, I am going to talk to more people." Getting up to leave he laughed as Soohyuk looked at him incredulously. 

Smiling back at her he nodded, "Sounds fun. I would like to get to know you more." 

The morning passed by quickly, the classes felt like they were prolonged a couple more hours. As lunch time came, Dara skipped her way to Soohyuk tugging in his arm, "Hey, mind following me to the library? I have some books to check out." He agreed heading there thinking it was not a good idea to meet Xiumin in the cafeteria. Following her, he looked around, he havent been here in a while. "Help me look for a book?" she asked.

He nodded his head walking to the way back with her, "What book are you looking for?" She told him and they separated searching. Looking through a certain letter section he couldnt help but hear a familiar voice. Turning his head, he saw them by a table. 

Sighing he groaned rubbing his stomach, "I am hungry, can I go get some food?" Luhans looked over at him who had his head buried in his arms. "Are you asleep? Are you sure you dont want to go to the nurse? You really look like you are in pain." Xiumin said nothing and Luhan assumed he was sleeping. Huffing, he looked around but his eyes widened seeing Soohyuk talking with some girl. "Oh ..." and that girl did not look like she wanted to be just friends. 

"You are so loud," Xiumin grumbled lifting his head up. Panicking, Luhan did the first think that came to his mind. Grabbing his head he shoved it back down, making Xiumin's face collide with the table. "OW!" Screaming in pain he struggled to lift his head up. scrambling to grab anything. "What are you doing?" grabbing his shirt he tried to push him away.

Looking over the at the two, he sighed shaking his head. Maybe it was better if they were like this. "Lets go Dara," he smiled leading her to the counter.

Watching him leave he sighed in relief. Xiumin growled, shoving his face away causing him to fall of his chair. "Ow," rubbing his sides he looked up at Xiumin who glared with fury covering his bloody nose.

"What the hell! What is your problem," scowling he walked away, heading to the nurse. 

"Wait, there was something on your head!" he claimed running to catch up to him. 

Sitting down with a tissue over his nose, he glared at Luhan who continuously apologized. Apparently he couldnt leave since his ribs were turning blue and purple. Trying to explain to the nurse how he got them and from stopping her to callling his parents. He mentally cursed at Luhan for getting himself in this mess.

"Sorry. How did she find out?" Luhan asked sitting by him. "You know if you went to the hospital like I asked, none of this would have happened!" he whispered harshly.

Feeling ticked off he punched the other on the shoulder, "Hey! I dont need you scolding me ok? You smashed my head on the ing table!" he whispered back.

"I was doing you a favor!" he aruged back.

"By taking something off of my hair?" he looked at him questionably.

"No! I was-" he stopped himself before he could say another word. Sighing he shook his head ruffling Xiumin's hair. "You are right, it was a stupid way of cleaning your hair."

Watching Luhan hesistate, his eyes opened wide and understood what the other was trying to do. Feeling his chest in pain, he couldnt help but feel thankful for the other. "Oh... thank you.." he softly spoke. 

"Dont mention it," he nodded his head.

As school was over Xiumin came home to see Yunho walking to the kitchen. Taking his shoes off, he looked at Yunho who stood there frowning. "Uh... hey hyung.. I am home." Walking to him he grabbed his arm jerking him forward, "Ow! Hyung that hurts!" he cried out trying to get his arm free.

"You climbed out of the ing window?" he hissed causing Xiumin's eyes to go wide. How did he know? He could have sworn he didnt say a word. "Are you an idiot? Do you want to die?" he scolded the other pushing him in the chair looking for bruises.

Staring at him shocked he stuttered to find the right words, "How did you..."

"Luhan." was all he said looking at the scabs on his elbows and lifted up his shirt. Xiumin eyes twitched as he swore he was going to kill the bambi looking kid. "Why would you do such a reckless thing?"

He pursed his lips feeling his head pound and flinched at the touches his older brother was feeling on his ribs. He didnt answer him, he didnt want to. He didnt want to even think about it.

"I am going to take you to the hospital in the morning." he told him and stared at his face. Xiumin stared at the ground, dazed. Sighing, he sat in the chair in front of him, "You cant avoid him forever. I know you need time but nothing will resolve like this."

Xiumin gritted his teeth. He didnt need to hear that from someone else, he knew that. He knew all that. But it didnt help just saying it. They didnt know how he felt, they didnt know how hard he had been trying. He was tired, he was frustrated. He wanted to go back to how it was before, him all comfortable with Soohyuk. 

"Its our fault that we didnt tell you sooner, then maybe this wouldnt have developed. But for the sake of yourself, you need to stop this crush of yours. Its wrong, you guys are brothers." Yunho spoke his voice laced with an icy tone, his eyes boring holes into the other.

"I know hyung! I dont need to hear this from you, I get it," Xiumin said exhausted, his irritation growing.

"No you dont. I am doing this for your own good. Do you know what umma and appa will do when they find out?" 

Feeling himself boil in anger he glared at the older, "Dont you think I am trying! I am trying hyung! But its hard! Its hard knowing that the person you like has the same blood as you. All those years, I thought of hyung as someone I can look up to a friend, a best friend probably. And when I realized I finally like him, I like him as the friend I thought he was to me, but no, he was my brother. So can you imagine how hard I have been trying? I dont need your input hyung!" he could feel himself breathe heavily. Life wasnt fair.

Sighing, he stood up. "Soohyuk is staying with us for this week."

"What?" he stood up looking at him in shock. He only ever stays in the weekend. Before he could say anything else, he heard the door open and in came in Soohyuk with someone else.

"I'm home, and this is Dara. The girl I was telling you about," he said walking into the kitchen, Changmin and Kris coming out of the living room. He could feel his blood over boiling, a girl. There was a girl in the house.

Bowing, she greeted them smiling wide, "Please call me Dara."

Xiumin stared at her, his body numb, why would he bring her over? He said he didnt like her. He stared at Soohyuk, questions written all over his face. But the older didnt look at Xiumin. Seeing Soohyuk walk over, Xiumin opened his mouth to speak but the older just walked past him, not even sparing Xiumin a glance. 

He felt his heart break a bit inside, never had his brother ignored him like this. Soohyuk never ignored Xiumin at all. Grabbing his shoulder he stared at the ground lips turning upward in a bitter smile. Why wouldnt he ignore him, he has been awful to him lately. Changmin and Yunho eyed Xiumin warily while Kris went to speak with the girl

Shaking his head Xiumin gave out a soft laughter, "...disgusting..." silence fell after that. Everyone looked at Xiumin. "Everything feels so disgusting. I feel disgusting..." 

"Hyung.." Kris spoke out and Xiumin shook his head ruffling his hair.

"Ah-I'm sorry. I am not feeling so well, excuse me." he said walking past them and up the stairs. Yunho sighed leaning back by the counter.

"I will go check on him," Changmin said smiling, "In the mean time, why dont you introduce Dara to everyone," he grinned winking. And with that, he left them to check on the baozi upstairs.

-------------------------------------

Short chapter.