Chapter Seven

Brother's Secret

Knocking on the door he turned the knob peeking his head through the open space. Seeing a lump on the bed he slowly walked in "Baozi... you didnt throw up right?" he asked caustiously looking around, "I dont want to smell." he spoke closing the door as he walked over sitting down on the bed. The other said nothing as Changmin ruffles the ball of hair. Xiumin was faced down, a blanket covering him as a plop of hair showed. "Hey baozi... you ok?" he gently asked rubbing his back. 

"I'm tired, my head hurts," he said, the sound muffled in the pillow. All he wanted to do was sleep for an eternity and forget everything. Possibly start over in life, that would be a good thing. If only he can go back in time, and start every thing from the beginning then things would be much easier. He wouldnt have this feeling in his chest and the lingering sensation he gets when he looks at Soohyuk. 

"I know him getting a girl is a shocker to you but hey, think of this as a step to move on you know? I mean you cant be like this forever right? I know its hard but I can help you through it," Changmin babbled on trying to cheer the other up.

Xiumin inhaled sharply, only getting more irritated as the older talked. They didnt know how he felt and the pep talk only added more fuel to the fire. Grabbing a pillow, he hit Changmin in the face, "Hyung... please shut up."

Staring shocked at the younger he shook his head, "Yah, you ing brat," he laughed pouncing on the other.

Downstairs, they chatted amongst each other, constant question being thrown at Dara. She laughed answering their questions one by one. The atmosphere was very comfortable, no awkward tension. Smiling, she nudged Soohyuk who sat there smiling back. As much as he would like to be more engaging, he couldnt lie that his mind was elsewhere. 

"Noona, do you like Soohyuk hyung?" Kris asked causing everyone eyes to widen. 

"Ah Kris," Soohyuk interupted giving a look at him, "thats not a question you should ask."

Giggling she shook her, "No its alright. Your brother here, is very interesting. And I think I do like him," she smiled, a light shade of red covering her cheeks. 

Soohyuk looked at her, even though he shouldnt be surprised he couldnt help but be a little shocked. "Hyung do you like her?" Kris asked.

He furrowed his brows looking at him in disbelief. "Ah no he doesnt have to answer that," Dara said trying to get rid of the mood that was forming. 

Soohyuk laughed ruffling his hair, "He asks questions that comes to his mind, he should think before he speaks," he adviced feeling slightly umcomfotable. He stared at the staircase sighing as he tried to keep his thoughts in control. 

Getting up she gathered her things patting down her clothes, "I had fun and thank you for having me. But I have to go now, its getting late."

Soohyuk stood up as well, leading her out the door. "We were glad to have you, come visit again," Yunho spoke taking the plates and cups in the kitchen.

"I will see you tomorrow Dara, and sorry about all the questions." Soohyuk rubbed his nape feeling bashful.

Giggling softy she nudged him, "Its alright. I had fun, they are nice people. I hope Minseok-ah is feeling better," she smiled, "And tomorrow we can do something fun," she suggested, biting her lips. Leaning in, she pecked his cheek as she said goodbye and walked away in a hurry, her cheeks flaming. 

He stared at the open space, feeling his cheek as he gave out a small laugh. Closing the door he turned around and was about to head upstairs but stopped as he saw Xiumin at the top staring down at him. They stared at each other for while, mixed emotions in both of them. Pursing his lips, Soohyuk turned his head as he walked in the kitchen. 

Feeling even more heavy, Xiumin leaned against the wall wondering if he was allowed to stay over at Luhan's house for the week.

The next morning hit by as Yunho went to wake up Xiumin. "Get up, I have to take you to the hospital," he said pulling the blankets off of the other. He only groaned but sat up yawning. Might as well not argue since it was Yunho. "I'll get your breakfast ready, the others are out so dont worry." he said getting out. 

Ruffling his hair, he glared at the figure walking as he got up and got himself ready. He didnt know why he had to go, he felt perfectly fine. Huffing he just went along with it. After getting himself dressed and washed up, he walked downstairs seeing food on the table. Grabbing a pancake he started to nibble on it looking around for his brother. "Hyung?" he called out chewing on it more. "Where are you?"

"Right here," he came into the kitchen wearing his coat. "Get your things, and lets go." Xiumin nodded and grabbed his things slipping his shoes one as he walked out to the car. As it opened, he sat in the passenger seat seeing Yunho get in and start the car. "Buckle your seat," he told him driving off. Huffing Xiumin did as he was told and put it on. Yunho could be a little demanding and not to mention terrifying. But he also does it for their own good because he cares.

Smiling a bit he took out his phone seeing a dozen of texts from Luhan. Sighing he texted back an angry text about how he was forced to go tot he hospital by Yunho all because some bambi ratted out on him. The next text sent to him was a simple word followed by a lot of dots. Then the massive texts of apologies came in explaining why Luhan had told him. Apparently Luhan let it slip and is willing to make up for it by anything Xiumin wants.

Smiling, Xiumin was liking this turn of event. He only sent a text of a "maybe" back to him. Luhan is a sweet kid, he is lucky to have a friend like him. Seeing the car parked, he groaned as he got out the car. Following the older in the building he watched as Yunho checked him in. Looking around at the people he was going to have a seat but Yunho called him to follow him once more. Quirking his brows, he did as he was told. That was quick. "I had an appointment set up for you," was all he said. 

Walking inside the doctor was already inside with a few things around. Xiumin stared warily, not liking this. His injuries wasnt that bad. "Um.. hyung...whats-"

"Dont worry, I will wait outside." Yunho ruffled his hair kissing his head and walked. Xiumin wasnt a kid but he was certainly scared, he never been to a hospital before. And he didnt want to start now.

Soohyuk stared at Jongsuk who kept talking about skydiving. Sighing, Soohyuk shook his head and told him, "I really dont think its happening. Luhan said they wont be going."

"Woah why?" Jongsuk looked at him confused and Soohyuk just shrugged his shoulders. He didnt want to say anything. "Man, I was looking forward to scaring Luhan. Alright, then lets invite some ladies," he winked as he called Dara over. Soohyuk stiffened as Dara walked over smiling. "I have a question, would you like to go skydiving with me and Soohyuk. You can invite someone along," he grinned.

"Oh? You guys are going skydiving? Wow, sounds extreme," she giggled nodding her head, "I will go. I will bring someone along," she smiled. "So I didnt know you were going skydiving."

"Ah, it just slipped out of my mind," he chuckled and scratched his head. "I am glad you are coming," he smiled. 

"We will all have fun! I saw this new cafe open recently, maybe you and I can go. I have always wanted to go there," she smiled as she chewed on her lips.

Cafe. He nodded his head agreeing to it, "Sure, sounds fun. Going with you would be exciting." Dara squealed a little and went back to her friends as she waved to them. They were going to a cafe, he sighed as such memories came back. Rubbing his temple, this plan wasnt working to well. His feelings and emotions wasnt going away no matter how hard he tried. Guess he had to try harder.

School ended and Soohyuk made his way to his locker until he felt his phone vibrate. Taking it out he looked at the caller to see Yunho calling him. Confused, he answered his phone, "Hyung? Whats wrong?"

"Did you take the spare car today," he asked, shuffing noise could be heard from the line.

"Yea. I told you I would be taking it today. Why?" Soohyuk took some things out from his locker and placed it in his bookbag.

"Ok, can you pick up Xiumin from the hospital. I know you guys arent on good terms but he-"

Soohyuk cut him off, "Hospital? Why is he there?" he asked, feeling worried.

"He climbed out his window a few days ago, his surgery finished and he is sleeping. I have to go to work and I cant stay until he wakes up. Makes sure he gets home," Yunho explained to him.

Soohyuk just stood there, surprised. "Ok, I will do that." he hung up afterwards and sighed. Why would he climb out the window, did all this really shock him too much. He sighed as he saw Dara come by him. "Ah, Dara I am sorry. I have something important I have to do. I cant go with you."

"Oh no its ok, you go what you need to do. You can owe me one," she smiled winking as she waved off feeling a little dissappointed. But she has plans later on.

Shutting his locker he walked out to his car and got in driving off to the hospital. As he reached the building, he parked the car and got out rushing inside. He would be lying if he said he wasnt scared at all. Going to the counter he asked the lady where Xiumin was and once he found out he quickly got there as fast as possible. Slowing to a stop, he stared at the door, not knowing what to say when he got there. 

Of course the younger would still be mad if he sees him. But how can not see him, he climbed out the ing window. Sighing, he was about to go in when the doctor came out. "Oh, you must be the other brother. Minseok is awake, but he is dozed with some medication. It will wear off soon. You can go in and take him home, just check him out at the front desk." 

Soohyuk nodded his head as he walked in and saw Xiumin in bed awake. "Minseok!" 

Xiumin looked over and saw the older come in. Laughing he grinned, his head rolling on the pillow, "Hyung~ You came! I missed you," he pouted as he brought his arms over reaching for the older.

Soohyuk was more than confused, Xiumin was acting weird. Then he remembered that the doctor gave him some medication. That was probably why. He sighed as he walked closer to the other. Xiumin probably didnt even know what he was doing. As he got close enough, Xiumin wrapped his arms around Soohyuk, nuzzling his head in the other's chest.

Feeling nostalgic he hugged Xiumin backed. He missed this, the close proximity and the hugs. "Minseok, what were you thinking? Climbing out the window? Did you want to hurt yourself?" he looked at him as he brushed his hair and kissed his head.

"Mhm~ I wanted to go to Luhans house," he muttered, looking up at Soohyuk. "They cut me open," Xiumin whispered, "I have a line on my body. Want to see it?" he lifted up his shirt, tracing the scar with his fingers. "They said a small part of my ribs cracked," Xiumin whispered again looking up at Soohyuk with wide eyes, "Doctors are evil!"

Soohyuk stared at the scar and gently touched it, tracing it as well, causing Xiumin to laugh at the touch. Pursing his lips he hugged the other tightly, burying his face in the crook of his neck. "Dont do something so wreckless. You really scared me." Xiumin continued to laugh playing with Soohyuk's shirt, leaning into his touch. "Minseok-ah... you dont hate me right?" he asked his voice growing softer.

Pausing for a bit, Xiumin shifted in his hold and wrapped his arms around his neck pressing their foreheads together. His face became serious looking straight into Soohyuk's eyes. "Hyung... I could never hate you. I have and always loved you," he spoke his voice steady. It became silent after that and before Soohyuk could open his mouth Xiumin broke out into a grin, "Hyung has a big nose," he laughed laying his head on his shoulder. 

Breaking into a laughter as well, Soohyuk shook his head as he helped the other up from the bed, "Lets get you home," Walking to the front desk, he checked Xiumin out, occationally nodding his head to what Xiumin was babbling about. Safely putting Xiumin in his seat he got in his own seat as well and drove off. In his peripheral vision, he can see the shorter singing some song while nodding his head. 

There were so many questions in his head that he wanted to ask, so many things he wanted to clear up. But he couldnt do it now, Xiumin doesnt know what he is saying half the time. But he also cant ask later, once the medication wears off, Xiumin will go back to being a closed shell again. He sighed, his head hurting from all this.

Arriving to their house, he parked the car as he turned it off. He sighed as looked over at the other who was still laughing about who knows what. "Minseok.."

Xiumin turned his head at the smiling at him, "Yea hyung?"

"Do you regret having me as you brother?" Soohyuk asked, probably the one question he wanted to know most. It had been in his mind since the day this whole distancing thing started. 

Xiumin only laughed unbuckling his seatbelt, "Hyung," he started, "I never wanted you as my brother," he said getting out the car stretching. "Ahh~ Its windy, I am cold hyung."

That hit him like a knife piercing his chest. He was hurt, obviously hurt. He could feel his chest tightening as he got out from the car. Seeing Xiumin run off to the door, he followed the other and opened the door. Going inside, he rubbed his temple. He didnt know what to do, he never expected Xiumin to hate him as a brother. 

Rubbing his eyes, Xiumin yawned, "I'm tired hyung..."

Swallowing the pain, he smiled at him and ruffled his hair, "Go sleep, I have some errands to run." Nodding his head, Xiumin walked upstairs to take a nap. Sighing, Soohyuk his hair, feeling overwhelmed. Things could change, things could really change. 

He stared up at the ceiling, horrifed and disgusted. Its been a few hours until he woke up. He couldnt believe he did all that with Soohyuk. What was he thinking? Grabbing his pillow, he covered his face as he screamed into it. Xiumin didnt know what to do now. He didnt exactly remember what was said but he remembered the hugs and touches. His heart beat increased as he swallowed the lump in his throat. His body heated up as a tingling sensation pooled in the pit of his stomach. He was an idiot. 

He heard the door open and couldnt help but cringed at the noise. The medication fully wore off and now he was all the more aware of his surroundings. "Xiuminnie?" 

He realaxed as that was only Luhan. He tried to calm his body down, but he couldnt stop shaking. He felt the bed dip and a hand on his arm. Why couldnt this be much more easier. "Luhan..." his voice wavered gripping onto the pillow. "I screwed up... I dont think its going to stop, and I dont know what to do anymore..."

Luhan stared at him and could only sigh. Taking the pillow away from his face, he placed both of his hands on either side of his head, looming over him. "Then how about me?"

Xiumin stared at him with confusion written all over, "What?"

"Me Minseok. Let me help you get over him. Choose me instead." Luhan stated clearly looking right at him.

Xiumin could only furrow his brows, the words arent comprehending in his head, "I dont.. what do you.."

"I swear you are so dumb!" Luhan was getting frustrated and stated it bluntly, "Come to the dance with me Xiuminnie. Date me."

At those words, Xiumin could only widen his eyes, staring at his bambi looking friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Done!