Chapter Three

Brother's Secret

Walking in the house, they put away their shoes as Xiumin spoke out, "We are here!!" looking around for some other people he spotted Kris in the kitchen. "Hey Kris, look whos here~" the figure turned around eating some cookies.

"Soohyuk hyung is here. Came to stay again?" he asked smiling going over to hug him. Nodding his head Soohyuk patted the other's back ruffling his hair, getting into a conversation that Xiumin chose to ignore. He set the sweets in the fridge.

"We got some sweets for you guys, be sure to eat it ok?" he saied grinning.

"So how have you been Kris? I havent seen you in a while," Soohyuk said to the other who replied him. Ruffling his hair again he smiled, "Thats good. So where are the others? Are they home?"

Shaking his head he told him, "No, they arent home. Hyungs are still at work and umma and appa are at work too."

"So basically, everyone is at work," Xiumin shortened it raising his brows. Leaning against the counter he sat at the edge as Kris nodded his head. 

"Yea, I am going to start my project so I have a head start. It's a huge part of my grade. You guys have fun without me, I will be in my room if you need me and thanks for the sweets," walking to the fridge he grabbed a few before going to his room.

Laughing, Xiumin brushed his hair with his fingers, "He has always been so hard working. So hyung, you ready to have fun! Lets go play some video games, I got some new ones! No wait.. I lent them to Luhan. Damn, ok how about a movie?" he suggested, hopping off the counter as he walked to the living room.

Laughing, Soohyuk ruffles his hair sitting on the couch, "Sure~ We can cook later for the family. What are we going to watch?"

"Some comedy movie," putting it on, he plopped down on the couch placing his head on the other's chest wrapping his arm around him. "I heard its good and really funny." he muttered as the movie started.

Smiling, Soohyuk his hair staring at the screen, "Oh this movie, I heard it is funny. Never seen it before."

Grinning he snickered at the screen shifting in his position. Feeling the other's pulse by his ear, his eyes shifted from the screen and onto his lower torso. His fingers glided across the shirt, feeling the clothed skin in his fingers. It's been a while since they have been close like this and he noticed his hyung changed. Not so much on the face, but on his body structure. 

He remembered Soohyuk being more thin and lean but as the years passed, his body has a lot more muscles than before. He's not denying that he doesnt like it, but he felt a little insecure on his changes as well. It's not like Soohyuks at all and that made him frown. Pulling his shirt up a bit, he observed the changes as he looked closely.

Leaning down, he whispered in his ear, "Minseok-ah, what are you doing?"

Flinching the second he heard his name, he jerked back his eyes widening and beet red. "I.. wait.. no hyung I swear its not-" he laughed palming his face as he shook his head. "I was just..." he slumped down, feeling embarrassed to the bone. Looking up, he saw Soohyuk with an amused look on his face. "hyung," he whined grabbing a pillow as he smacked his face with it, "stop looking at me like that," he continued to laugh wanting this feeling to go away.

Chuckling, he rubbed his nose, "Sorry, so what were you doing?"

"I was just looking at how much you changed hyung.... you got more built," his voice gon soft as he sat in a more comfortable position, "I am a bit jealous. I am still like this," he broke out in a small laughter.

"Oh so Minseok-ah has noticed me become more handsome," he winked laughing.

"Hyung shut up!" hitting him again he laid back, "How long have you been watching?" he asked looking at him, wondering if this would be a good time to jump off the roof. 

"Since you started to feel my chest," he grinned at him earning himself another hit by the pillow.

"Hyung no, it wasnt like that! I just wanted to see how built you are," he flushed again narrowing his eyes.

"Right." he nodded, "by feeling my stomach," he grinned wider blocking the hit this time.

"Hyung, shut up!" shoving the other's arm he stood up walking into the kitchen. Feeling his pride diminish he the faucet washing his face with warm water.

"Ah, dont be mad Minseok-ah, I was kidding," he laughed turning the movie off following the other. He smiled leaning against the wall watching him, "But you are cute when you get shy."

"Ahahah hyung," grabbing the towel he wiped his face. "Lets forget about it and start cooking ok?" he said. Soohyuk nodded grabbing a few ingrediants out and Xiumin got the equipment out. As they started to cook, Xiumin thoughts started to wander. Thinking about the situation from before, the heat started to build up again, his heart beating in a abnormally fast pace. "Why am I like this? Why do I embarrass myself so much?" he thought, rubbing his cheeks.

"Minseok-ah, pass me the salt," Soohyuk asked as Xiumin nodded and passed him the salt. Shaking his head, he cleared his thoughts as he started to cut the vegetables. 

Moments later, the door opened and in came in Yunho, taking his shoes off and walked off passing the kitchen. "What smells good," he smiled entering the room, "Soohyuk you are here. Should have known you guys were going to cook something."

"Yunho hyung, welcome back," Soohyuk greeted turning around to look at him.

"Yunho hyung~ Welcom home," he grinned, "I am making your favorite!"

"Oh yes, thanks," he chuckled. As he spoke Kris walked down the stairs greeting him as well. "Kris, whats up? Arent you going to help them cook?"

He nodded his head walking in the kitchen, "I will. I was just starting my project. They brought us some sweets hyung."

"Oh sweets~ Soohyuk, I have to talk to you," he said looking at him and the other nodded his head following him to the other room. 

Watching them go, Xiumin quirked his brows in confusion. Looking at the younger who stared at him, he waved him over. "Here stir this." Kris came over to help and after a while Soohyuk came back, taking over his position. "What did Yunho hyung want?"

Soohyuk shook his head smiling at the shorter, "Nothing, dont worry about it." ruffling his hair Xiumin frowned but decided not to push any further. 

They finished cooking right about the time the other three came home. Setting up the table, they served the food as they ate. "Soohyuk, how was your week," Mark asked.

"Any girls yet," Jackson smirked taking a bite out of his food. 

"Woah, hyung has a girl?" Xiumin said shocked, not sure if he was liking this, since he had no idea and they were close.

Changmin snickered teasing, "Didnt you know? Soohyuk is popular with the ladies~ right man?" 

Laughing he shook his head, "No I have no one, and no girls. Though I think one girl has a thing for me, not trying to be cocky or anything but its kind of obvious."

"A girl likes hyung? Who," Xiumin questioned.

"More important question," Mark interfered, "would you ask her out? If so, bring her over I want to see," he grinned.

Jackson chuckled wiggling his brows, "I bet she is cute, go for it~"

Xiumin stared at them, feeling uncomfortable with this topic. Feeling his insides ache he shifted in his seat as he sat there and ate. After they were done eating Xiumin and Soohyuk started to wash the dishes while the others went away to do their own things. 

"Soooo.... hyung likes this girl?" Xiumin asked as he washed a plate trying to concentrate on it.

Chuckling he shook his head, "No, I think this girl likes me. But I dont like her like that."

Smiling he nodded his head, "Oh ok, that makes sense."

"Why, feeling relieved?" he teased nudging the shorter.

"Pfft, what? No way," he laughed putting some foam on his nose. "In your dreams hyung."

"Eh hey," he laughed placing some on Xiumin's face. Soon enough they started to have a mini soap fight. Watching them was Changmin and Yunho who stood by the kitchen entry. Looking over at Yunho he gave him a look, concern filling his eyes. Looking at him he nodded, looking worried as well. 

"I dont think Xiumin can take the news well. You told Soohyuk right," Changmin muttered walking away.

"Yea... I dont want to see him sad, and I told him a while ago." Yunho sighed, brushing the hair from his face. 

"Should we let nature take its course," Changmin suggested.

The older shrugged his shoulders, "I dont know... I really dont know.."

When the two finished washing stretching their limbs, they walked out the kitchen. "Ah, I am tired," Xiumin yawned, "We spent too much time in their fooling around."

"You started it," he laughed ruffling his hair. "Why dont we go to sleep? Its getting late."

Agreeing with Soohyuk, they walked up stairs getting ready for bed. After Soohyuk used the bathroom, Xiumin went in and started to brush his teeth. As he was brushing, Kris came in the bathroom grabbing his as well. "Hey hyung?"

"Mhmm?" he looked over at him giving attention.

Looking down, he stared at the sink for awhile. "I have a question." he spoke looking at him seeing Xiumin look at him. "Do you like hyung romantically?"

Widening his eyes, he coughed as he spit the toothpaste out. "What? Like hyung romantically? No way, of course not," he looked at Kris oddly rinsing his mouth. 

"Are you sure? It looks like you do.." he muttered.

"No, no way. We are just close. He's like my brother, thats all. I dont like him..." Xiumin said thinking to himself.

"I think you like him hyung, you blush a lot with anything that involves Soohyuk hyung," Kris said brushing his teeth.

Flushing, he glared at the younger, "Kris, I dont like hyung like that. I promise." Though, his chest started to feel heavy, and that question really made him think.

"If you say so hyung, I think you are in denial." 

Rolling his eyes he walked away. As Kris watched him go he turned back to his brushing, "I never said which hyung, Minseok hyung."

He walked to Soohyuk's room opening it, thinking Kris was just crazy, but he couldnt help but think about it. Why would he like Soohyuk, that makes no sense. They are just close, nothing more or less. Closing the door softly he climbed in bed next to Soohyuk, nuzzling up against him.

"What are you doing Minseok-ah?" he laughed opening his eyes.

"I wanted to sleep here, its comfy," he grinned hugging him. 

Chuckling, Soohyuk hugged him back stuffing his nose in his hair. "Ok, sleep well Minseok-ah, goodnight," kissing his head he closed his eyes once again.

Feeling his heart quicken he pressed his lips together feeling the heat rise. "Hyung..." after a short hum from the other he continued, "Are you going to ask that girl out?"

Breaking out into a smile he laughed, "No I wasnt. Shes not my type."

Feeling unbelievably relieved he sighed, "Whats your type?"

"Why?"

"I was just curious, thats all," he said mumbling. "Good night hyung."

Chuckling he spoke again, "Goodnight Minseok-ah~"

"Do you like hyung romantically... It looks like you do... I think you like him hyung... you are in denial..."

"Ani. I dont like him like that. There's no way I do..." pursing his lips he looked up at Soohyuk sleeping peacefully, the sound of his beating heart going at a normal pace, "I dont like him... right?"

--------------------------------

is going to happen