Spoiled

Beautiful, Crazy Life

A/N: As promised, another quick update! This one also of the incredibly fluffy variety, though I promise there will be more plot-y updates in the future. Enjoy!

 

SPOILED

 

Jaejoong stared down at the bowl of... something... in front of him, trying to identify the shapes floating ominously in the reddish-brown sauce. Yunho was looking at him expectantly, as if everything was hinging on his response to the what was presumably supposed to be food he'd placed down on the kitchen counter.

 

“Yun-ah?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“What the hell is this?”

 

Yunho blinked. “What does it look like?”

 

Jaejoong tilted his head, studying the contents of the bowl once again. “Er... what do you call it? Penne? Oh, wait.” He sniffed it critically. “Tteokbokki?”

 

“Bingo.”

 

“And, um, where did you get it from?”

 

“I made it, of course.”

 

Jaejoong smiled weakly. In all their years of dating, Yunho had never cooked him a meal, and now he completely understood why. This was the saddest bowl of tteokbokki he'd ever seen, once you figured out what it was actually supposed to be. It wasn't something you could make easily, naturally, but all the same, Jaejoong had thought Yunho would have picked up on a little bit of his cooking expertise from all the time he'd hovered near to him in the kitchen, trying to steal bites of whatever he was making.

 

“Any reason why?” Jaejoong asked, if only to delay having to actually eat the lethal looking dish. “Is today a special occasion I'm missing?”

 

“No reason. Or... well, you looked exhausted during practice today. And since you stayed extra hours, I thought I should do something nice for you.” Yunho glanced at him anxiously. “The only problem is, I remembered half-way through that since Auntie Minjung was the one was taught me how to cook, it probably wasn't a good idea...”

 

Jaejoong laughed and patted Yunho on the shoulder. “Well, the good news is it does look a little better than what she'd make.”

 

“It would be hard to make something as bad, really.”

 

“And it's nice that you were thinking about me. Especially considering the reason why I was exhausted at practice.”

 

“What, you didn't sleep well?”

 

Jaejoong looked at him incredulously. “Who was the one who kept me up until like five in the morning? You're lucky I was able to even get out bed to begin with, much less survive practice without passing out. Does your memory really so badly?”

 

Yunho looked sheepish. “It's not so much that I forgot-- because I definitely wouldn't forget that of all things-- it's more like when you're in the moment... it slips the mind that it's much harder on you than it is on me.”

 

“How convenient for you.”

 

“You could have told me to stop,” Yunho pointed out.

 

“When you're in the moment, it slips the mind that your body is capable of speaking words coherently,” Jaejoong said, mimicking Yunho. “And that things that feel good in the moment come back to bite you later much more than you're expecting.”

 

“Mmm. Well, I did make you dinner. So now you don't have to cook. You can just relax and be spoiled.” He pointed to the wine he'd popped open on the counter. “You can even have a bubble bath when you're done. I bought you some aromatherapy stuff on the way home.”

 

Jaejoong almost wanted to say that he'd prefer to cook himself rather than eat the tteokbokki Yunho had made him, but he was touched enough by the pains Yunho was taking to keep quiet. “Can you at least tell me if it's edible?” Jaejoong asked, poking one of the rice cakes with his chopsticks. “Because good intentions or no, I'd rather not spend the evening being sick.”

 

Yunho nodded. “I tried some as I was making it. It's not as good as you'd make it. But it's not a disaster. If you could survive Auntie's cooking, you'll be able to handle this no problem. And if not... there's the wine to wash it down?”

 

“Point taken.” Jaejoong grabbed his bowl and plunked down at the table while Yunho poured them both glasses of wine. “Well, I'm glad you made the attempt, at least. Men who don't even try to cook are pretty pitiful.”

 

“I'll tell Changmin you think that about him.”

 

“...in his case, it's better that he doesn't. He'd just eat the ingredients raw before actually cooking them.”

 

Yunho sat down at the table opposite Jaejoong and clinked their wine glasses together. “Sorry about making your practice difficult, Jaejoongie. I'll be more conscientious in the future.”

 

“Of your sense of timing,” Jaejoong corrected him. “I'm not opposed to everything about last night.”

 

Yunho watched him carefully as he grabbed a rice cake and brought it to his lips. Please, let this not taste as bad as it looks. He opened his mouth and chewed slowly. It wasn't horrible. Not good, but it was bearable. He gave a slight nod to Yunho, who looked so much relieved now that he'd gotten a little bit of Jaejoong's approval. Jaejoong made a mental note of this for the next time Yunho made a comment about one of his meals not being as good as it usually was.

 

“Next time you want to do something nice for me, try cleaning up your side of the closet,” Jaejoong said, taking a sip of his wine. “It's exploding into my side, and I keep wearing things that are yours.”

 

“You do that anyways.”

 

“I know, but I wore your clothes by accident four days in a row last week. Our fanpages are speculating that I don't even have my own wardrobe anymore.”

 

“Mmm, well I personally think you look great in my things,” Yunho said, a bit smugly. “You used to do that all the time, remember? You hadn't brought anything when you came to Auntie Minjung's, and you were always wearing things of mine. I thought it was kind of y.”

 

“No you didn't!” Jaejoong yelled, his cheeks turning pink. “You didn't start liking me until after you thought I was dating Minhee, and that was after I'd gone back home to get my own clothes.”

 

“Actually, I thought you were in love with her from the moment you stopped speaking to me after Junsu told me you'd met her,” Yunho said grimly. “Which was before you went back. And I thought you were y from day one. I just didn't fully get it until after.”

 

“Well, it wasn't like I was traipsing around in your clothes like I was wearing a baggy boyfriend shirt,” Jaejoong said, still feeling embarrassed. “It all fit me well.”

 

“And why does 'fitting you' have to be less attractive than it being baggy? I don't think of you like a girlfriend. I like my things looking just as good on your body as mine.” He grinned, prodding Jaejoong's leg gently with his foot. “Anyways, I'll clean it up soon since I know you don't like it when I'm disorganized. I'm surprised you haven't actually done it yourself.”

 

“It goes to your head when I spoil you too much.”

 

“And tonight's about spoiling you,” Yunho said. “Right.”

 

After he finished the laborious process of eating and Yunho had cleaned up, Jaejoong settled into the bath, using the bubble bath solution and aromatherapy oils Yunho had gotten him. It smelled fantastic, and he quickly found himself relaxing into the hot water. Yunho popped in as Jaejoong was soaking and helped wash his hair with the shower head and scented shampoo, his fingers working gently into Jaejoong's scalp.

 

“You're forgiven,” Jaejoong said sleepily, cracking open an eye to glance up at Yunho as he rinsed his hair. “Other than your cooking, you're good at this spoiling me thing.”

 

“I learned from the master.”

 

“Me?”

 

“No, Kim Junsu. Of course you.”

 

Jaejoong smiled serenely. “Have I really been spoiling you? You're the one who always seems to be throwing his money around to buy me things. Which I appreciate, even though I'd really be happy enough if the only thing you gave me was you.” He wrinkled his nose for a moment. “And there, you just made me say something really cheesy about you.”

 

“You have been spoiling me a lot more than you know,” Yunho said fondly. “You may not be able to see it, but everything you do for me is like a special gift. Even the little things. And after eating my own tteokbokki tonight, I realize you've definitely been spoiling me with food and not making me cook.”

 

“Very true.” He lifted his chin and puckered his lips cutely, waiting for Yunho to take what he was offering, which he did in spite of how damp Jaejoong was and how close he brushed to ending up partially in the bath himself. “We don't have practice tomorrow, do we?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Then why don't we see about improving your sense of timing and self-control, hmm?”

 

Yunho grinned, caressing Jaejoong's cheek. “And you think you don't spoil me, baby?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I would only be fooling myself if I tried to
Believe there's room for someone else in my heart
There ain't no way I'm getting over you
I don't know what I've been trying to prove
I'm hopeless, helpless when it comes to you
I'm spoiled
By your love, boy