On My Mind

Beautiful, Crazy Life

A/N: I'm feeling depressed over Jaejoong's enlistment, so here's a short little thing to cheer me up T^T

 

ON MY MIND

 

There was nothing Jaejoong loved more than making music and standing onstage. He loved the solo album he’d had the opportunity to make, and even though it felt a little self-centered to do so, whenever he had his phone in hand, he played it over and over again, smiling at every note and the memories of how many takes it took to get it just right, to capture every ounce of emotion with which he had originally written it. The album was his story, the story of meeting the members and most importantly meeting Yunho, and he treasured it more deeply than anything else he had written. When Hyunsoo nim told him that they’d secured him tour dates in both Korea and Japan for the release, he was nearly beside himself with excitement.

 

But it wasn’t until he started packing his bags for the Japan trip that he started to feel a little bit lonely. Junsu had musical rehearsals, Yoochun had a small part in a new drama, Changmin had a solo interview with a magazine and was on location for the photoshoot, and Yunho had a guest feature on Starkiss’s new song and was staying Seoul to appear at their showcases. None of them would be going to Japan with him, and he’d be staying in their dorm essentially alone for two weekcept for one of the managers and a few additional personnel from both C&M and their Japan team. Jaejoong knew he would be fine, and that even if he got bored he had his own circle of friends in Japan, but whenever he glanced across the room at Yunho, who was idly playing games on his cell phone as if nothing was wrong, he felt a slight pang in his chest. Seems like I can’t take you with me everywhere, after all, even for something as small as this.

 

Yunho looked up from his game for a moment. “Nice puppy dog eyes, jagi.”

 

“Oh shut up,” Jaejoong snapped, slamming his suitcase shut.

 

“What? I thought you were excited to be going. I saw how much fun you had at your Seoul concert.” He winked. “Too much fun. Shirtless with a lot of writhing fun.”

 

“Is someone’s lower half sad to be missing the Japan show?”

 

“Not when I can get a free show at home anytime.”

 

“Don’t get cocky. I could start charging.”

 

“Good thing I’m a celebrity and could afford you.”

 

“At my rate? Dream on.” Jaejoong smiled. This is exactly what I’m going to miss, he thought. Just having you always here so we can have these stupid conversations whenever we want.

 

“You know, you can call me, don’t you?” Yunho asked softly, suddenly sounding serious.

 

“Eh? Why would I do that, you’re sitting right in front of me?”

 

“No. I mean when you’re in Japan. If you ever want to talk, even if it’s for five seconds, just call me.”

 

“Even during your Starkiss showcases?”

 

“Who knows? If I’m backstage, I’ll still pick up.”

 

“Mmm. I’ll be busy.”

 

“Come on. You don’t have to pretend with me.”

 

“What? I’ll be busy.”

 

“Yeah. So you will. But those puppy dog eyes are telling me that you’re worried about feeling lonely, too. You know I’ll pick up even if I’m busy, too.”

 

“You’ll be in big trouble with me if you try to pick up while you’re driving.” He scooted closer to where Yunho was sitting. “But thank you.”  

 

“It’s nothing.” Yunho reached out and his hair. “You remember how back in the day I really thought you were going to go off and become a celebrity while I stayed in my hometown?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I don’t know how I thought like that back then. Because right now, just thinking about you not being here makes me feel empty. Come back quickly, all right?”

 

“Yeah…” He leaned in to Yunho’s touch, closing his eyes. “If you think about me the whole time I’m gone, I’ll give you a free show when I get back.”

 

“Oh really? And how will you know if I do or don’t?”

 

“I’ll know. Because you already always are.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think of you every minute, every second
You're my never ending, never ending
I try to erase everything again but
Your story is never ending, never ending
You're on my mind
You're on my mind