Momentum 8: Third Tragedy

Darkest Momentum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once. - William Shakespeare

 

Momentum 8: Third Tragedy

 

            The chaos inside the police station was the last thing I’ve ever wanted to see. Just staring at the scenes happening right before my eyes gives me a headache. I felt a grip on arm and saw Krystal trying to hide her face in my shoulder. She must be scared. I assume this is her first time to be at the police station. Wondering why we are here? Simple, they needed our statement regarding of what we saw at the office earlier. Speaking of, it never comes to my mind that Chanyeol would end his life easily like that. There must be some deeper reasons. I’m too immersed with my thoughts and I didn’t realize that Krystal is calling me. I furrowed my eyebrows at her, “What?” She didn’t speak instead she point at the police man who was standing infront of me. I look at him, questioning.

            “I’m Officer Wu and I’m in-charge of Mr. Park’s case.” He said, his voice is deep as the Pacific Ocean making him more intimidating. I stand up and my head as I acknowledge him. “Can you tell me what happened to him?” I asked and he nodded in response. “Before I can tell you what happened to him, may I know what really happened at the office? We would like to hear your statements.” He stated, politely. I sighed in defeat and simply answered, “Okay.”

            “Please follow us Sir.” He said, motioning to walk to their office. I was about to walk when I realize Krystal was here. “Wait, what about her?” I asked and grab his arms to stop him from walking. He gave me a blank look, “You will asked separately sir.” I pursed my lips, not liking the idea. Probably Krystal is not used to this kind of things who knows what might happen to her. I looked back at Krystal and she gave me a weak a smile, “I will be fine, Sir.” I nodded and turn around to walk back to the office.

            It took a half an hour for me to explain to what happened to earlier. They are very meticulous with every detail. Now, I’m currently waiting for Krystal to finish and I don’t know why but I feel anxious. I keep on shifting in my sit. I sighed in relief when I saw Krystal coming out of the office. I stand up and quickly walk towards her, “Are you okay?” She nodded at me and smile. Officer Wu appeared behind her, “Sir, would you still like to hear the details about Mr. Park’s death?” He asked and I give him a firm nod. Krystal stands behind me as we listened to him intently.

            “Based on the autopsy we’ve done, Mr. Park died exactly on 9am, 3 hours before your arrival. We also found another fingerprint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter