Momentum 7: Second Death

Darkest Momentum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. – Benjamin Franklin

 

Momentum 7: Second Death

 

            Looking outside the window, I patiently wait till we reach Krystal’s address that was written on her resume. It was already 2 in the morning and I know it was bad to visit someone at this critical hour but my soul won’t let me sleep until I get to know everything about her. This curiosity won’t let my mind be at peace. It was seriously frustrating. Involuntarily, I ran my hand through my hair. A minute later the car set to a halt. I look outside and we are in the dull street. It’s like one of the places you see in horror story. Yeah that kind of street. I turn to Kai and ask him, “Is this really the place?” He gives me a wary look and nods, “Yes sir, I’m sure.” I let out a defeat sigh and get out of the car then an old looking apartment flashes right infront of my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows, “Kai, what floor is she?”

“Fifth floor, room 511 sir.” He simply replied. I nod in response. “Stay here.” I ordered and entered the apartment. The first thing I notice was the unpleasant smell passed on my nostrils. Damn what is that smell? Shrugging it off, I step on the stairs but before I can take my second step, I heard a squeaking sound. Is this even safe to step on? Sighing again, I continue to walk up the stairs until I reach the fifth floor and find her room. Why the is she living in a place like this?! I take a deep breath before knocking on her door. After a few knocks, finally someone open the door. I was expecting a sleepy Krystal but instead a little boy greeted me.

“Who are you?” we both said at the same time. I don’t remember that she have a little brother in her resume. “Do you know my mama?” he asked again with his sleepy eyes. I was taken aback by his question. Mama? “Excuse me kid but what’s your mama’s name?” I said as I kneel down to level myself with him. He tilted his head his blinks his eyes as he looks at me and when he’s about to answer a voice called him. “Ace! Close the do-“ Krystal?! I froze as soon as I heard her voice. “Sehun?! What are you doing here?” She asked bewildered while she grabbed the boy’s shoulder to pull it closer to her. Still frozen to my position, I look back at the boy then to her. After a few seconds of shocking and awkward moments, I finally regain my posture and stand up, clearing my throat. “Before we talk, Can I come in?” Krystal nodded and step back so I can come in. We settled in their living room. Her place was simple and cozy. “Ace, you can go back to sleep now.” She said to the boy as she pushed him gently inside the room. The boy made no sound as he obey her easily. Once the boy is gone, she sat across me.

 “What are you doing here?” She repeated firmly while looking at me with flare in her eyes. Another shocking moment by the way she approach me. Where’s my innocent and submissive Krystal? The Krystal infront of me is fierce and her eyes- they were burning. I swallow before I began to spoke, “I’m going to be honest with you-“

“Oh you should be! You can’t barge in to my house in the middle of the night!” She exclaimed, cutting me off. It took a couple of minutes before I can respond again. I was too dumbfounded. Seeing her new side makes me even more curious and let’s add the fact that there’s little boy who just called her mama earlier. Well she sure is a ball of surprise. “Krystal.” I said sternly. I saw her jerk in her seat. Will you look at that- she’s still the same submissive Krystal I know, “I’m a business man and I don’t easily trust anyone.-“ I cross my legs and send her a serious look, “so I conducted a background check on you but surprisingly, I found nothing but the resume you send us. It seems like you just pop out on earth. I know I’m being unreasonable right now but I can’t work with someone I don’t even know where they came from. You’re my secretary and personal assistant which means I have to put my full trust on you but I can’t especially right now with the issue going on. My mind and body won’t let me sleep until I get the answers I needed. Who are you Krystal Jung? And who is that little boy earlier may I add?” She listened to me intently and let out sigh when I finish.

“I’m sorry but I can’t tell you my past. I can tell you my history but then I have to kill you.” She answered looking anywhere to avoid my gaze. I stand up and walk towards her then stop right infront of her. “Then tell me what you can about yourself. How about let’s start with that boy.” I said, looking down at her with my hands inside my pocket. Her head slowly lift up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter