XXV. (fin)

A Boy Who Will

XXV. 

(Here, Jessica is 25, and Onew is 26.)


Onew, drenched and soaked from the rain, wearing a casual shirt with the top button ed and long pants, threw a pebble at Jessica’s window. At age twenty-five she was living alone in her house, because both her parents had passed away, and her job was a music teacher. Onew at age twenty-six was a manager of his own company he’d inherited from his parents.

“Jung Sooyeon Jessica!” He called as he threw the pebble.

Jessica tilted her head as she heard the pebble hit the window, fortunately enough it didn’t break. She stepped out, in the shelter of her balcony from the pouring rain and saw Onew standing outside. Being on the second floor she could see how wet he was—very.

“Yah! What are you doing, Onew?” She yelled back.

He took a deep breath and smiled at her, not bothering to shelter himself, and said, “Jung Sooyeon, will you marry me?”

“What are you, crazy?” She shouted, flushing slightly as she saw the ring in his palm. “Come in!”

Jessica was about to make her way down when Onew shook his head and asked again, “Will you, Sica, do the greatest honour I’d ever be bestowed upon, of marrying me?”

“If I say yes, will you please come in already?” She asked, worried about his safety. To her surprise, he began climbing up the side of the house towards the balcony. Stunned, she stood still, watching him. He slipped a little, but luckily he had a good grip.

As he reached the top, Jessica snapped out of her trance and helped him up, shaking her head. “So… will you?” Onew asked, still holding the ring and looking at her sincerely.

“Yes, Jinki, yes, yes, yes and a million times yes!” Jessica replied, letting him put on the ring before hugging him tight, not caring whether she’d gotten wet or not.

“I love you, Jessica Jung Sooyeon… Forever.” He smiled, and that was a promise he would keep no matter what happened. 


I want a boy who will say 'forever' and mean it.

 

the end.

(onsica's love continues forever, though.)