XXVII.

A Boy Who Will

 

XXVII. 


 

“Onew!” She was surprised, because she had thought that he wouldn’t meet with her today, since she’d heard that his friends had asked him to go with them for a guys’ night out. “Why are you here?”

He was panting heavily, gasping for breath, holding onto her shoulder. He held a hand up, telling her to hold on. She chuckled softly, waiting for him to catch his breath. “Hold… on…” He muttered, barely audibly. “Sure, just… take your time,” she said.

He looked like he’d just run a marathon. His hair was messed up, there was perspiration all over his forehead, a huge patch at the back of his shirt, and if she wasn’t wrong, he tripped and fell into a puddle of mud or something because his legs were covered with brown sticky goo (which, she presumed was mud).

Onew’s breathing finally returned to normal a few minutes later. “Why didn’t you wait for me? I thought we had a date today…”

Jessica raised an eyebrow. “Minho told me you guys were having a guys’ night out. So… I just left without you.”

He laughed. For quite a while. And then he kept a straight face and looked at Jessica seriously. “Sweetie, I wouldn’t cancel a date with you just to go for a guys’ night out. I told you I would go out with you. I won’t go back on that, even if it’s Minho’s birthday or anything.”

Jessica smiled, kissing his cheek. “So you ran all the way here, pabo?”

“Yes… Because I couldn’t find you. You’re important to me, why would I go back on my promise? Now come on. Where were we going?” He smiled too, looking at Jessica. But the girl had a wonderstruck expression, as if she couldn’t believed what he’d just said.

“Sica…?” He waved a hand in front of her.

“I can’t believe… you’d cancel a night out with them to be with… me.” She whispered, looking like she was about to cry.

Onew chuckled, touching her cheek with his hand, then tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. “Oh princess… you mean… the world to me. No one can change that even if they tried. Putting you as my first priority is… necessary.”

“I love you, Onew…” She sighed happily, hugging him tight.

He was shocked that such a simple act could make her so happy. Smiling softly, he hugged her back, whispering in her ear, “I love you too, Sica, always.”


 

I want a boy who will make me feel important.