XI.

A Boy Who Will

XI. 


“Isn’t the beach just a beautiful place?”

“Yeah,” she smiled, “it’s amazing. Thanks for bringing me here, Onew.”

He pulled her onto his lap and rested his head on her shoulder. The sun was just about to set, taking with it as much of the day to quench its thirst before nightfall fell upon them. It had been a long day for both; they had classes from morning till four in the afternoon, and still had a test the next day, but both had studied already.

“You and I both know we deserve a break. Plus, the year is ending soon. I was planning to bring you somewhere. Do you have anywhere in mind?”

“I was thinking something along the lines of the outskirts of Korea. Somewhere we never go, but lovely. That’d be perfect.”

Onew smiled, nodding slightly and kissing her cheek.

“It’s sunset now.” He whispered softly.

“I know…"

The aura was a prism spectrum with blended edges of streaking colour, and all that could be heard was the soft rustling of the leave and the crashing of the waves against the shore.

She leaned herself backwards slightly, fitting into his frame as she watched the sun go down. In a moment the sky became much darker, and the precious minute or so was over.

“That was beautiful.”

“The sunset might be beautiful, but nothing’s more beautiful than the princess in front of me right now.” 


I want a boy who will watch the sunset with me on the beach.