Chapter 8 pt. 2

I FOR YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica worriedly looked at her watch. She already arrived at Taeyeon’s house since an hour ago, but Tiffany and Taeyeon haven’t seen too. Jessica pulled out her phone and pressed number one. The phone connected to Tiffany’s phone, but no one answer it.

 

Jessica looked outside the door. The sun shone brightly. She forgot to give umbrella to Tiffany. Is that girl okay? Is Taeyeon look after her? Jessica felt regretted to let Tiffany went with Taeyeon.

 

“If you are this worried, why did you let her?”

 

Yoona’s voice brought Jessica back. The girl was now standing in front of her with a cup of puff drink.

 

“Why did Sunbae let Tiffany Sunbae go with Taeyeon unnie?” Yoona repeated her question.

 

“Tiffany could stress if her request rejected.” Jessica looked outside the door again. “I don’t want that happen.”

 

Yoona looked at Jessica, and then she nodded slightly even though she actually didn’t quite understand. She put down the cup on the table in front of Jessica.

 

“Here, drink this. Hot ginger drink. It can make you feeling better,” Yoona said, successfully made Jessica looked away from the door.

 

“Ginger?” Jessica repeated, not sure she wanted to drink it. However, the scent that came out from the cup waken her up. Jessica took the cup, and inhaled the aroma, then sipped the drink. Silently, Jessica admired the taste that slowly crept inside .

 

“How do you feel?” Yoona asked, curious. The drink was her father’s favorite drink. Almost every afternoon, her mother would make it. She said, it’s good to relieved stress from our body.

 

“It’s really tasty,” Jessica commented, once again sipped the drink. Like Yoona said, her feeling got better. Her tummy felt warm too.

 

For the first time, Jessica realized, that now she was in Taeyeon and Yoona’s small house, sat on the sofa which the leather started to peel. Then Jessica looked around. The house is small but well maintained. But, since then Jessica felt like there’s something missing. When she saw a photo frame that hung on the wall, Jessica then understood.

 

“Where are your parents? Working?” asked Jessica, made Yoona smiled.

 

“They’ve passed away,” Yoona answered. “They died because of traffic accident, three years ago.”

 

Jessica blinked. “Oh, sorry, I . . . didn’t know.” Yoona shook her head, then stood up. “I go to the kitchen first, Sunbae. I wanna cook for dinner.”

 

“Cook?” Jessica hummed but Yoona already gone behind the cupboard. Because of her curiosity, Jessica stood up and walked further inside the house. Behind the long cupboard, there was a small kitchen. Yoona looked busy there.

 

In silent, Jessica stared at Yoona who was taking out the vegetables from the fridge. The girl then washed the veggies on the sink.

 

“You can cook?” asked Jessica, made the cabbage that Yoona washed thrown away.

 

Yoona turned her head, very surprised to see Jessica leaned her body on the wall while looking at her. Yoona decided to cook because she didn’t want to talk with Jessica. Why did she follow her here?

 

“Yes, I can,” answered Yoona then picked up the cabbage and washed it again, tried hard to not care the presence of the most beautiful creature that ever leaned on her house wall.

 

Jessica nodded in amazed, unexpected. Her mom never cooked. Jessica even didn’t remember that she ever saw her mom in the kitchen. So that’s why, to see a woman’s back who actually cook like this was a new experience to her. It pleased to see it somehow.

 

Jessica was still looking at Yoona’s back when the girl reached a long knife from the dish rack. Jessica eyes widened when she saw Yoona used it to cut the cabbage.

 

“You. . .usually cook by yourself?” asked Jessica.

 

“Yes, sometimes Taeyeon unnie helps me.” Yoona took a pause for awhile. “Ever since mom gone, I cook. It’s good to save the money.”

 

“You not afraid?” asked Jessica again, made Yoona stopped cutting to look at her confused. “You not afraid of being cut by the knife?”

 

Yoona softly laughed. “What should I do then? To cook I have to use knife.”

 

Jessica nodded her head, but her eyes still looked at the shining knife. All this time, she never saw a girl like Yoona already could cook. So, the view was the combination of attractive and pain at the same time.

 

Even though Yoona was more than capable to cut the cabbage, some strange feeling crept inside Jessica’s heart. For the first time in her life, Jessica felt a huge encouragement to protect other girl beside Tiffany.

 

“If I was Taeyeon, I would never let you cook,” Jessica said, again made Yoona stopped cutting. “I would do anything so that you won’t touch that dangerous tool.”

 

For several seconds, Yoona stared at Jessica. When the first time she saw Jessica at school, Yoona admired Jessica because of her beauty and charisma. She already happy just by looked at her from a far.

 

It supposed to, she felt happy because Jessica was here, in her small house. But, Jessica’s words a moment ago made her realized something. Like a princess in a fairy tale, Jessica was too beautiful to be real. And, even though Jessica was real, it felt pain because she was too high to reach.

 

Jessica and Yoona still look at each other when they heard sound from the front. Jessica’s mind immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter