Chapter 8 pt. 1

I FOR YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you walk out on me, I’m walking after you.

[Foo Fighters—Walking after You]

 

Taeyeon was reading about the Korean War on her History text book when her class became fuss. Because she was too accustomed with it—a sign that Tiffany and Jessica came already—so Taeyeon kept concentrate with her book. She wanted to know the way this book explained the chaos era that time.

 

The fuss usually last for one or two minutes, but this time, almost five minutes and the students still whispered. Taeyeon pressed her ears that felt tickles by the buzz sound that came from the students.

 

Right at that time, Taeyeon found a pair of white shoes that she knew it well stood beside her table. Taeyeon looked up. Tiffany was standing there, looked so upset with both of her hands on her chest. Taeyeon stared at her confused. What’s with her, this early in the morning?

 

“Why?” Tiffany opened , asking the point that Taeyeon wanna asked. “Why do you keep avoiding me?”

 

Taeyeon bemused. “Ha?”

 

“Yesterday on the library, you left me. After school, you didn’t want me to send you home. Why?” Tiffany asked, made Taeyeon lost her words.

 

Taeyeon gulped, then turned to look around her. The students already looked at them in disbelief, some of them looked at Jessica sympathetically. Taeyeon didn’t know what to do about Tiffany’s bluntness.

 

Taeyeon opened even though she wasn’t sure what she gonna said. “I. . .”

 

“Normally, you would feel happy to ride a luxurious car, right?” asked Tiffany. “Why did you refuse it?”

 

“Tiff.” Jessica scolded her, but it was too late. Taeyeon heard it already.

 

Taeyeon was really impressed with Tiffany’s talent. That girl easily took her feeling fly to cloud nine and easily flew her blood to her head. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with her burned eyes. That girl still stubbornly to look upset. What’s her right to look upset?

 

“You really. . .,” Taeyeon murmured furiously.

 

Tiffany’s hands now down, her stare softened. “I just. . . wanna go home with you. Why can’t I?”

 

Everybody who heard what Tiffany said gawked, especially Taeyeon and Jessica. They couldn’t process this, Taeyeon turned to look at Jessica, asking for explanation. Instead of mad, Jessica just looked at Taeyeon confused too.

 

“Heeyy what’s the matter? Come on, sit! Didn’t you hear the bell?”

 

Mr. Lee came from the door, curious with the students that still stood and stared at one point in the middle of the class while whispering. Even though he could guess on who the center of the attention was, he still couldn’t think of the over reaction of the students.

 

Tiffany still refused to take down her stare from Taeyeon before she got a satisfied answer. Taeyeon felt awry, didn’t know what she should answer.

 

“Tiffany? What’s the matter?” Mr. Lee finally asked, he didn’t want his lesson turn into a drama.

 

Taeyeon saw Mr. Lee that was walking towards them and she looked at Tiffany that still insisted to be upset. “Okay,” Taeyeon murmured finally, she didn’t want to explain the real matter to her teacher.

 

Tiffany squinted her eyes. “Okay what?”

 

Taeyeon pissed-off while looked at her for few seconds before she clicked her tongue. “Okay, we’ll go home together.”

 

Tiffany’s face turned bright as soon as she heard Taeyeon’s answer. When Mr. Lee arrived at their table, she already turned around sat on her chair sweetly. Mr. Lee looked curiously at Tiffany who smiled, then turned to look at Taeyeon with her sour-faced. Meanwhile, the other students already sat on their own seat, even though they still whispered.

 

Mr. Lee shook his head when he saw his students behavior, then walked to the front class while regretted his decision. He shouldn’t unify those two students in Biology experiment group.

 

The two students were too different to be united.

===

 “Yoona!”

 

Tiffany waved her hand as soon as she saw Yoona walked out from canteen corridor together with Taeyeon who brought the bread basket. Yoona looked so happy when she saw Tiffany and Jessica, but not for Taeyeon. After the incident that happened this morning, she became students’ teasing victim. Everyone talked about her, include the students in the library who usually did not up to date with the gossip.

 

“Let’s go home together, with Jessica’s car,” Tiffany said.

 

Yoona glanced at Jessica who was glancing at her, then immediately looked away. “Is it okay, sunbae?”

 

“Of course,” Tiffany and Jessica said in unison while Taeyeon was looking at them. Yoona just smiled awkwardly—the question was directed to her sister.

 

Yoona glanced at Taeyeon. “Unnie?”

 

“I want to buy book first.” Taeyeon answered. “You guys go home first.”

 

“Buy book?” Tiffany repeated. “Where? Let’s go together.”

 

“It’s opposite direction,” Taeyeon cut. “It’s better if you go first.”

 

Taeyeon gave the bread basket to Yoona then walked away. Tiffany looked at Jessica.

 

“Jessi, I follow Taeyeon to buy book, okay!” Tiffany shouted, made Taeyeon step stopped. “You send Yoona home. Okay? Okay?”

 

Without thinking so much, Jessica shook her head. “No, you can’t, Tiffany.”

 

“We gonna use taxi!” Tiffany shouted again, seemed hard headed. “It won’t be long.”

 

Jessica then looked at Taeyeon from head to toe and shook her head again. “You can’t.”

 

“Jessi, please. . .” Tiffany begged. “Just this once.”

 

Jessica sighed, her brain and heard in full war. Tiffany looked like she really wanted to go home with Taeyeon. But, it seemed like Taeyeon couldn’t take a good care of Tiffany. That girl is too careless to do it.

 

“Umm. . .can I involved in this convo?” Taeyeon suddenly opened , made they stare at her. “Why it should be you to take the decision? I want to buy it alone.”

 

Tiffany pouted. “You said, we gonna go home together.”

 

“Yes, that’s. . .” Taeyeon became powerless. “But I want to buy book.”

 

“After that you are going home, right?” Tiffany urged, then looked at Jessica again with pleaded look. “Okay, Jessi? Just wait for me at Taeyeon’s house. Hmm? If something happen, I will call you right away.”

 

Taeyeon snorted, again she had to followed whatever the princess wanted. Meanwhile, the knight still looked at her with full of judgement.

 

“Okay.” Jessica undertook, but she then stared at Taeyeon sharply. “You have to take care of her. After you buy book, you have to go home.”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes when Tiffany cheered happily. Too lazy to respond, Taeyeon turned around and started walking. Tiffany waved her hand to Jessica and Yoona, and then she tailed Taeyeon.

 

Jessica looked worriedly at Taeyeon’s and Tiffany’s back. Whatever it was that made her undertook Tiffany’s request that full of risk. Taeyeon is a new person, and she didn’t know how to take care of Tiffany. Nonetheless, let Tiffany stress because of her un-granted request wasn’t a choice either. The last time it happened, Tiffany fell sick for weeks. So now, all Jessica had to do was trust Taeyeon.

 

Jessica sighed, then she realized that Yoona was beside her, looked at Jessica in confused. Jessica immediately took the bread basket from Yoona’s ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter