Chapter 7

I FOR YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true.

[Judy Garland—Over The Rainbow]

 

Taeyeon glanced beside her, to where Tiffany was busy drawing on her sketch book. Her brown soft hair that fell covered her face, made Taeyeon desperately held back the urge to not put the hair strand behind her ear.

 

For these few days, Tiffany kept her promise which she made by her own will to spend her break time in the library. Actually, Taeyeon felt uncomfortable every time Tiffany looked at her. But at time like this, when she was busy with her own world, that girl looked really fun to be with. Making Taeyeon can look at her.

 

The two girls who usually sit in front of them now was nowhere to be found. Taeyeon guessed that both of them were pretending to discuss about biology in the garden in front of the library while flirting to Jessica who was talking with the parrot.

 

Ever since Tiffany was here, Taeyeon had never been concentrate to her book. Whenever she could focus on one paragraph, one small movement from that girl made her focus poof just like that.

 

Now, Taeyeon was trying to make a new method to concentrate. She tried to hypnotize herself, that she was in the small boat in the middle of the ocean. No one else, only her, her book, and the wide ocean. Taeyeon inhaled a long breath, but instead of sea aroma, she could smell Tiffany’s hair shampoo.

 

Taeyeon got up, she couldn’t handle it any longer. She needed to find a new place if she didn’t want end up like crazy.

 

“Where you wanna go?” Tiffany asked confusedly.

 

“Find another book,” Taeyeon lied. The last time when she wanted to find a new place, Tiffany followed her. So now, she had to lie in order to be free from Tiffany.

 

She thought that Taeyeon will be back, Tiffany nodded and continued her night gown sketch. She hoped the gown sketch can finish before her mom’s birthday.

 

Taeyeon already walked in hurry to the backmost of the rack, getting far from the crowd. The backmost rack was a place which filled with politic or democracy books only. No one was there not even to just pass by.

 

While exhale in relieved, Taeyeon sat on the cold floor. It’s not like she didn’t like being beside Tiffany, but somehow she felt heavy. Like she was trying to challenging the storm. Like doing something that she shouldn’t do.

 

Taeyeon wasn’t here for playing. She was here for one purpose: to prove to all of them to don’t underestimate poor people. Taeyeon wouldn’t let any obstacle show up on her way.

 

And that included Tiffany.

 

---

 

Again, Jessica was out from the library playing with Bito, the school’s parrot. She didn’t have any choice left. For these few days Tiffany chose to spent the break time inside the library—which like a hell for Jessica. Even though Jessica was still a bit upset with Taeyeon, but lately she didn’t show any anger reaction towards her.

 

Even though she wanted, Jessica couldn’t stay away from the library. She needed to be pretty close with Tiffany. And, it means around ten meters. Or, twenty meters?

 

Jessica started to count in her brain. When the sport lesson yesterday, she did a one hundred track in thirteen minutes. So if the track is twenty meters, it means that she needed three seconds to be by Tiffany’s side?

 

Forgot all the obstacles which gonna block her way in twenty meter, Jessica felt like she got an enlightenment. She can be twenty meters away from Tiffany and reach her in just three seconds.

 

Jessica looked at the canteen which not far away from there. She could buy drink or something and be back as soon as possible if Tiffany needs her. Confidence with her decision, Jessica pulled out her phone and typed a quick text for Tiffany.

 

Tiff, if something happen, call me. I’m at the canteen.

 

After she press the send button, Jessica walked to the canteen, didn’t realize that some girls were following her. All this time, Jessica had to be by Tiffany’s side. It’s not like she didn’t like it, but she became have no time for herself. Now, when Tiffany was in the library which is safe, Jessica can breathe normally.

 

Jessica smiled to Gong Min, the ahjumma that work in the canteen, she knew her for a long time. The middle age woman was looking to right and the left, looking for someone.

 

“Where’s Tiffany?” she asked, wondered to see Jessica who was relax. Usually, when she was going to the canteen alone, Jessica used to be hurry, it’s like she didn’t want to leave Tiffany alone for a long time.

 

“She’s in the library, ahjumma,” Jessica answered politely, making Gong Min nodded her head. Quietly, Jessica jumped inside the canteen, opened the freezer and looked tensely to a direction. Her tummy felt like full of ice cubes. Meanwhile, Gong Min cluelessly looked at her from behind.

 

“Ahjumma, did someone open this?” Jessica pointed to a black tumbler inside the freezer which she left to Gong Min a while ago.

 

Gong Min smiled nervously. “There was tenth grade student that almost opened it, but I prevented her. Like you said back then.”

 

Jessica pulled out the tumbler, then opened the cover impatiently. Everything was still in the tumbler without missing anything. But still, it’s really worrisome to see the tumbler moved. Jessica put it at the higher rack, but now it moved to the second rack.

 

“I was busy with the students earlier, so I didn’t know that someone open the freezer.” Gong Min reasoned. “Mianhe, Jessica.”

 

Jessica closed the tumbler tightly, she tried to smile even though it was awkward. “It’s okay, Ahjumma.”

 

Gong Min nodded her head, and then worked with her receipt. Jessica took that chance to rearrange the freezer. She put the tumbler at the back of the corner, and then covered it with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter