Chapter 3

I FOR YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When pride builds me up till I can’t see my soul, will you break down these walls and pull me through?

[Angela Zhang – Journey]

 

“Coming, coming.”

 

At 10th or 11th grade, that word usually use when teacher come. But, in grade twelve, Taeyeon really sure that the word dedicated to Tiffany and Jessica. Taeyeon shook her head, still couldn’t think about rich kids behaviors.

 

At the corner of her eyes, Taeyeon could see Jessica held the door for Tiffany to enter the class. Taeyeon tried to concentrate to biology book when the soft scent of Tiffany’s shampoo filled the air around her nose.

 

Tiffany stood still and looked at Taeyeon full of attention. “Genius student is really different.”

 

Although didn’t want, Taeyeon looked up, and saw the hazel eyes which sparkled. Maybe what Jessica said to her yesterday was right. Maybe Tiffany was an outspoken rich kid who says everything freely without thinking other person feel, but she doesn’t mean to hurt them.

 

“I’m not genius,” Taeyeon denied. She never feels genius. She got all the achievements because she worked hard.

 

Tiffany blinked. “Then, why are you studying before the class start? Is that to make you look like a genius?”

 

In her heart, Taeyeon already prepared the most polite curse words which she would use to this so-called noble girl. Maybe Jessica was wrong. Maybe this girl wanted to insult her with most innocent way as she could.

 

“You—”

 

“Morning students!” Mr. Park’s voice cut Taeyeon’s words. Carelessly, Tiffany sat down calmly on her seat. After he put down the books on the table, Mr. Park clapped his hands. “OK! Now close your book!”

 

Everyone was frowned. Tiffany hasn’t opened her bag at all, her table still clean.

 

“We gonna have pop quiz!” Mr. Park said louder, making some students screamed in shock and the rest just resigned their fate. “Easy. . . You already learnt about this quiz on grade eleventh, I just want to review it!”

 

“Don’t do it. . .” Hyoyeon groaned, a student who seat behind Jessica.

 

“I just want to know, how far you remember the eleventh grade lessons.” Mr. Park tried to soothe his students. “The questions are easy!”

 

Worried noises kept echoing, in fact the students couldn’t feel that what Mr. Park just said soothe them. He needed to knock the whiteboard using the board marker to get their attention. Now, the class was calm enough, but all of them avoided his eyes. All, except for Tiffany who looked at his straightly and Taeyeon who challenged him by her stare. Mr. Park knew them since they were in grade tenth. Both have interesting personalities. One is a rich kid who is too naïve till sometime have no manner, and the other is a poor kid who full with ambition until she would do anything in order to get what she wants.

 

“Alright, Taeyeon.” He decided. At least the kids could follow her as the example. “Do you still remember, how many systems on plants?”

 

The students whispered to each other, matching their answer to one another or just sighed as they have no idea at all. However, he could see Taeyeon calmly sat on her seat, the corner of her lips rose a bit like she underestimated him. He felt usual with that expression until he never care so much about it.

 

“Two. Meristematic tissues and permanent tissues.” Taeyeon answered as calm as a lake surface. The students looked at her in awe, then realized that they have biology god—and maybe some other lessons too.

 

“Correct. Great!” He clapped his hands alone. “And now. . .who’s next?”

 

Like he predicted before, all the students back to their fake study and avoided his stare. All, except. . . those two.

 

Mr. Park exhaled. “Okay, Tiffany.”

 

Now all heads turned towards Tiffany who still looked at Mr. Park with flat expression. Mr. Park was not sure about her ability. Although she’s given by her pretty look and wealth, but she has an ordinary brain. Moreover, tend to be less. If only she studied hard, maybe she won’t be at rank twenty seven from thirty students last year.

 

“Animal excitatory channeled through?” Mr. Park tried with an easy question, hoped she remember.

 

But, her stare nearly empty, she looked really clueless. After more than two minutes and didn’t open, other students started to whisper. Jessica only could look at her anxiously from afar, couldn’t give her any code because Tiffany looked at him straightly.

 

Tiffany didn’t remember it at all. Animal excitatory? Di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter