Chapter 2

I FOR YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mistakes don’t mean a thing, if you don’t regret them.

[Silverchair – The Greatest View]

 

“Oh, Jessica. Have you had your breakfast?”

 

Jessica lifted her head and saw Michael Hwang, Tiffany’s dad, down the stairs. Middle forties man looked brave like usual even though white hair can be seen. His smartness and his ability making he looked like 10 years older, but Jessica still idolized him. Only him that can call her American name with less awkward.

 

“Not yet, uncle.” She smiled shyly. Both of her parents were doing business journey to Madagascar, and she didn’t like having breakfast alone on the table which longer than table tennis.

 

Michael smiled to her, “Let’s have breakfast together.”

 

Jessica nodded her head, and then took a seat beside Michael. Jessica always likes having breakfast with Hwang family because her own family never gathered. Ever since she was little, Jessica always be here. Michael is like her own father.

 

“How’s the new school year?” Michael started the talk while the maids prepared sandwich. “Nothing happen with Tiffany at new school?”

 

“No, uncle. Everything is under control.” Jessica pushed the glass and the maid immediately filled the glass with fresh milk. Jessica remembered something. “But. . .”

 

Michael was about to bite his sandwich, “But?”

 

“Ah, nothing uncle. There is a student in our class, her name is Taeyeon. She. . . come from poor family.”

 

Michael nodded as he listened to Jessica’s report. Jessica herself was really get used about this reporting thingy. Moreover it’s like a must to Jessica for his seventeen years life.

 

“Oh really? You both in the same class with her?” he looked thinking, he put back his sandwich to the plate. He remembered that the school has few poor people. “Lilly didn’t say anything.”

 

Lilly is the headmaster of Seoul Girls’ High School and also his best friend. When Tiffany whined to be in the formal school, Michael refused it, but at the end he accepted it. Beside the school can take a look of Tiffany, it also close with their home.

 

“Morning.”

 

Tiffany’s voice echoed. The girl walked closer with her bright face, her bag held by the maid.

 

Tiffany kissed Michael’s cheek, and then she sat in front of Jessica. “Morning, Jessi.”

 

“Morning,” Jessica replied, happy to see Tiffany started her day as happy as this. Hannah Montana that she watched last night really affected to her.

 

“What you guys talking?” Tiffany asked. A maid spooned baby porridge—Tiffany’s favorite breakfast—to her bowl.  Because they didn’t answer it, Tiffany glared at her dad and Tiffany. “Did you guys talk about me?”

 

Michael smiled. “Of course. A pretty lady like you, it’s a waste to not talking about it.”

 

Tiffany’s lips pouted while Jessica just giggled as she listen Tiffany’s dad joke. Tiffany ate her porridge happily.

 

“Jessi, we have sport today, right?” asked Tiffany, making Jessica nodded. “Hmm. . . it means that I have to bring iPad to class. No senior, so they won’t take it.”

 

“If something happen at school, just tell me, honey.” Michael said while he looked at his baby busy eating her porridge.

 

Tifanny nodded. “Dad, don’t worry. Beside, even though I don’t tell you. Jessica will report it, right?”

 

Jessica grinned at what Tiffany said, then eating her sandwich too.

 

---

 

“It seems like, yesterday you were too hard with Taeyeon.”

 

Jessica looked forward, to the road. Now, they’re on their way to school.

 

“Yesterday, you looked down at her,” she continued.

 

“Look down?” repeated Tiffany. “In which part?”

 

Jessica glanced at Tiffany, but she looked clueless like usual. “Poor people?”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter