Chapter 6

I FOR YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I looked up, radiance filled the sky, without fading. If only we could have been like the sun, shining all the time.

[L’arc~en~Ciel—Hitomi no Jyuunin]

 

Tiffany fastened her step to the class. Today the sun shone brightly, as bright as her feeling. Meanwhile, Jessica looked at her worriedly from behind. Usually, Tiffany never walked in front of her like this. She looked like having a fast runner competition.

 

“Don’t rush, Tiff. You gonna get tired,” Jessica reminded her while widened her steps.

 

It looked like, Tiffany didn’t hear it because she made it faster and widened their distance until two meters away. Jessica shook her head, then ran and caught her arm, stopped her from something that might harm her.

 

Tiffany turned her head, and then looked at Jessica who held her arm.

 

“Don’t walk too quickly,” Jessica scolded softly.

 

“Oh, did I too quick?” Tiffany asked, didn’t realized that she did that. Thing that she knew is she really impatient to meet someone.

 

Jessica let go off Tiffany’s arm, then walked again while glanced at her once or twice, perhaps that she might walk in rush again. Jessica was really aware about the reason of why Tiffany did that.

 

Jessica was about to hold the knob of the class door, but Tiffany already opened it and entered first. She walked surely to her seat. Like usual, Taeyeon was calm in her seat, reading a book.

 

Tiffany stopped her step in front of Taeyeon’s table, and then looked at her. If before she only looked at Taeyeon’s clothes and her shabby backpack, this time Tiffany’s eyes scanned through her thick hair and her white skin, but not as white as her.

 

Taeyeon’s eyes caught Tiffany’s white shoes beside her table. She looked up, and frowned when she found Tiffany stood in front of her. Before, Tiffany ever looked at her like this, but not with that smile. Taeyeon realized that that girl has a beautiful eye-smile. Like she wasn’t pretty enough.

 

“What are you looking at?” Taeyeon opened , she felt sultry when Tiffany looked at her like that. Around them, other students already whispered something about it.

 

“Good morning,” Tiffany greeted her sweetly, too sweet until made Taeyeon’s mouth—and others too—opened widely.

 

For a moment, Taeyeon just blankly looked at her without blinking. Tiffany looked at her with a smile, waiting for Taeyeon’s response when Taeyeon could hear nervous voice came from . “Morning. . .”

 

Perhaps Taeyeon hallucinated, but she felt like she saw pink shades on Tiffany’s cheeks before she put down her bag and sat on her chair. Suddenly, Taeyeon felt like an ice mountain which shot by the laser gun. Melting right away just by a simple smile and ‘good morning’ greeting.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany tried to control her feelings. She still has no idea why she could be that happy to see Taeyeon after yesterday incident. Her heart felt warm when she saw her.

 

It feels like she was looking at the sun.

 

===

 

Tiffany looked at the sprout that grew well at the seventh day. It twelve centimeters long, and this time Tiffany brought her ruler so she sure of it. Tiffany was about to write down when she saw Taeyeon was walking on the corridor in front of the library. She thought Taeyeon would come to see the sprout Tiffany got up and waved her hand. But, she didn’t see it, instead she just walked inside the library.

 

“Hmm?” Tiffany hummed confusedly. During break time she rarely saw Taeyeon in the class, basketball field, or even canteen. It turns out, all this time, if she’s unseen, Taeyeon was in the library. She should know that.

 

Jessica was busy playing with the parrot in the cage, stared at Tiffany confusedly. “Why, Tiff?”

 

Tiffany looked at the library door. “Jessi, I’m gonna go to the library.”

 

“Huh? What you gonna do there?” asked Jessica. For all her life, they never stepped there. Beside they’re not familiar with reading books, both of them have dust allergy.

 

Tiffany turned her head, and then smiled in sparkle. “I want to read!”

 

Before Jessica could prevent her, Tiffany already walked on the small path to the library. Jessica sighed, and then followed her quietly, she somehow knew Tiffany’s reason, but she didn’t do anything further to stop her.

 

Tiffany pushed the heavy library door because it made from sturdy teak wood, then peek her head and gaped when she saw the inside. Besides having high ceiling, the library was really wide with big windows. The sunlight came through the leaves, brightened the reading tables that spread in all over the place and the tidy book racks. Tiffany just knew that her school has this cool library. When she saw it, she felt like she was in the other world.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter