09

Unclear {HIATUS}

3 days before Dana’s birthday, you decided to talk to Dana about her friends. That evening went into Dana’s room to talk to her. You knock the door “Can I come in?” you asked. “sure!” you heard Dana. You sat on Dana’s bed. “what’s wrong with that face, unnie?” Dana asked. You look at Dana. You pat the place next to you, asked Dana to sit next to you. “I want to talk about something” Dana obey and sat next to you. “Carry on” Dana said calm.

“how’s your like at college?” you asked.

“hmmm, like always. Assignment and homework, test and all those things” Dana said like nothing happened.

“good, nothing else?” you asked her again. Dana shook her head. You let a sigh. “nothing else?” you asked again not satisfied with her answer. “what’s wrong unnie? I’m totally fine” Dana said. you take a deep breath.

“how about your friends? are they okay?” you asked her carefully.

“not at all, they’re great” Dana said, but you saw Dana’s face slowly changing and lower her head. you can heard the pain in Dana’s answer. You took Dana’s hands.

“I’m your sister, I know what happened to you. please, don’t try to lie to me.” You said to her. You can hear Dana’s sob. You hug her and try to comfort her. “I can’t believe they did this to you” you said. Dana slowly broke the hug. She shook her head.

“They did nothing, because of them, I know who is really my true friend .Now, I can live my life happily without fake people around me ” Dana said. you felt sorry for her. “are you okay? Want me to ask dad to change you college?” Dana shook her head. “no, I’m okay with that.” Dana answer you and smiled. You smile and pat Dana’s head “ tell me if anything happen okay? And don’t try to hide thing from me, you can’t lie to me” you warn her. Dana nod and laugh. “Aye Aye captain!” you smiled. “wanna grab some coffee?” you asked her. Dana grin sheepishly. You decide to grab some coffee with Dana at Starbucks and spend time together.


 

“hello? It’s me. Can I delay tomorrow’s appointment”

 “hello miss, why?”

“I have important thing to do tomorrow and I don’t think I can go. Can we delay the appointment?”

“you can, but I don’t you think it’s good for your condition”

“please, I really to do something tomorrow. Can’t we delay next week?”

“okay then if that what you want. Next week will be our coming appointment


“where is she?” –Cool guy

“she’s on the way home, get ready and Tao, don’t be too excited or Dana will know the plan!” -you

“why me? Whyyyy?”- AB panda

“shut up kid and get ready”-Minseok

“hyungg I’m not a kid”-AB panda

“hurry up before the cake is going to be half. It’s look delicious and I’m hungry Hana! Help mee” – Mr. Yoda

“no don’t you dare to eat the cake Chanyeol oppa!”-you

“wait, where should I sit?”-Yixing

“you should be sitting with the grand piano,Lay hyung!”-Kyungsoo

“how can you forgot where you should be sitting oppa?!”-you

“THE MIC IS NOT WORKING!”-Handsome prince

“have you put the battery? Tell me you didn’t” -Luhaenn

“wait? Who is Handsome prince? Who the hell change Baekhyun’s contact name to Handsome prince? It’s should be ‘Ugly Moron’ and you Baekhyun, run to my room and take the battery that I’ve put on my desk and don’t try to touch my thing!” -you

“nooo! Put Handsome Moron at least!” –Ugly Moron

“Handsome is just for me!”- Spoiled maknae

“DANA IS COMING” –you


 

You end the boys’ conversation when you saw the taxi that Dana rode. You asked the members to hide while you is watching Dana from the CCTV room. When Dana entered the house, all the lights are off and one light are on which is pointing to Lay who is now playing the piano while wearing mask. Actually, all the boys are wearing tux and mask.  After playing the piano, Lay start to play the Paradise ost Boys Over Flower and more lights are starting to switch on and revealing another three boys standing with the mic. Baekhyun start the song and Kyungsoo and Chen start to join the performance. “ready for the next” you told them. You can see Dana now is smiling like an idiot when she saw Baekhyun starts to sing her favourite song. The boys end the song beautifully and the lights are off.  You went out from the CCTV room and join them.

Moonlight audio is playing and know the boys start to dance gracefully around Dana. The light is moving around so that Dana can’t see their face clearly. Jongin is the first to ask Dana for a dance and Dana being pass to Tao. You can see Dana put on a bright smile. now, Dana is being pass to Baekhyun which you can see Dana’s smile getting wider when she saw Baekhyun. A ting jealousy grew when you saw Baekhyun smiling at Dana. You hurriedly threw the feelings ran to light the candles with Chanyeol’s help. The song is going to end in seconds and you saw Baekhyun is running to your place. You give Baekhyun the cake and know, the song is already end. The lights are on and the boys starts to revealing their face by take off their mask. You helped Baekhyun to take off his mask because he in holding the cake. The boys starts to sing happy birthday song to Dana. Dana is smiling like an idiot when she saw the cake that Baekhyun hold and you chuckle when you saw her face.  “glad that you like the surprise. At least I did it right at my last birthday preparation for your birthday party” Dana blows the candles and the boys claps their hands and start towish Dana birthday.

You walk to Dana to wish her birthday. You stand in front os Dana and she saw you. Dana smile sheepishly and hug you “Unnie, it was the best birthday party ever in my life. Thank you and I love you” Dana said almost cry. “heyy, you don’t need to cry. Anyway, happy birthday!” you hug Dana. “awww hyung, I want a hug too!” Tao said to Kris and make a move to hug Kris but ear a slice of cake landing right on his face. The boys burst on laughter when they saw Tao’s priceless reaction. You join the laughter. “now, you really look like AB style panda!” Sehun tease and again the boys burst on laugh. Without no one notice, a slice of cake land right on Sehun’s eyes and more of it went to Kyungsoo’s tux. “oops” Tao said. “CAKE WAR!” Baekhyun shout. You and the boys know are running around the house getting dirty with cream. The house is full with laughter. You can see everyone is running from Kyungsoo because they know they’ll earn a headlock because this week is his turn to do the laundry and know their tux is full with cream. You can see Tao is hiding behind Luhan when Luhan is avoiding from getting attack by Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Sehun are starting to attack the boys and without anyone noticed, a slice of cake is flying to your direction and it lands right on your face that earn laughter from the boys. you saw Dana is joining the war and know, you start to join the war too.

Now, you and the boys are sitting on the floor lack of oxygen because all the running. “Unnie” Dana call you. you look at Dana. “since it’s my birthday, I have a favour” Dana said. “hmm? Why so suddenly?” you asked in curious tone. “awww, can’t I? It just a simple things to do and you enjoy doing that” Dana said with some aegyo. “what is that?” you asked. “hmmm, it’s been a long time since you sang for me, can you sing one song today?” you frown. “pleaaseee, just one song” Dana said. “noona sings?” Sehun asked curiously. Now, everyone attention is on you. “just a little bit” you said timid. Now, the boys join Dana on begging you to sing a song. You surrender and now, you are sitting with a guitar. You starts to sing “you’re the light, you’re the night ,you’re the colour of my blood you’re the cure, you’re the pain, you’re the only thing I wanna touch” you sang and your finger starts to dance gracefully on the guitar strings. It was your favourite song. you look around when you’re singing and suddenly your eyes fall on Baekhyun’s. “love me like you do, lo-lo-love me like you do, touch me like you do, to-to-touch me like you do. What are you waiting for?” you sanf the chorus line while looking at Baekhyun. His eyes are beautiful he smiles at you. you hurriedly takes your eyes off  him. “I'll let you set the pace Cause I'm not thinking straight My head spinning around I can't see clear no more What are you waiting for?” you continue singing. You end the song beautifully and earn a big applause from the boys. You laugh when looking at their priceless reaction “was that bad?” you asked them while looking at their reaction. “no, that was marvelous, marvelous” Tao said while doing the hand gesture. You laugh at him.

All the boys and Dana is sitting on the dining table eating some pizza that you’ve order and spaghetti that you made. Suddenly, the bell rings. You asked them to continue eating while you look who’s coming. You open the door. You’re shocked when you saw your mom and dad are there. “mom? Dad? What are you doing here? Didn’t you said that you have business trip in Amsterdam?” you ask shocked. You look at your mom face. Your mom face was red “mom? Did you cried? Dad what happened?” you asked curiously. Dad’s face was unreadable. You’re confused. “come in, we’re eating” you said asked your dad to come. “no” finally your dad speak. You look at him confused. “we’re here just to ask you to come to our usual restaurant tomorrow. Only you. we have important things to said” than your dad was about to leave. “dad? It is Dana’s birthday don’t you want to celebrate?” Dad shook his head “we have something important to do. Don’t tell her that we come” dad leaves. Mom stay while looking at you with sad eyes. Before she left, she hug you. “mom? What’s happening?” you asked her. Mom break the hug. She your hair. She kissed your forehead “I don’t want to lose you, I love you” your mom said leaving you alone at the door alone, confused.  You take a deep breath. “dad will tell you tomorrow” you tell yourself and went to the dining room. “Who was that?” Chanyeol ask. You shook your head. “postman” you said. “is there a postman working at night?” Jongin asked curiously. You stay silent. The boys keep eating while you can’t stop thinking about what happened. Without you noticed, there’s someone can’t keep eating and dazed.

You and Dana bid the guys goodbye. After that, Dana walk to her room without saying anything. “Dana? Are you alright?” you asked her. Dana shook her head “I’m tired. I’ll go to sleep, night” Dana said and leave you alone. You decide to drink some water before sleep. “everything is alright, Hana” you said to yourself before dozed to your dreamland.

The next morning, you saw Dana eating toast. You greet her but she stay silent. “Dana?” you called her. Dana look at you. you can see bags under her eyes “are you okay? Do you have fever?” you put your back hand on her forehead. Dana toss your hand away and shook her head “no, I’m okay. I’m going out for a while, unnie” you’re shocked by what Dana’s cold treatment towards you. you look at the clock and you remember about what did dad told you. you went to your room and get ready to meet your dad.you’re driving curiously to the restaurant that your dad told. “ I don’t want to lose you, I love you” your mom’s words keep repeating in your head. arrived at the restaurant, you park your car next to your dad’s maserati quattroporte.

You enter the restaurant and walk to dad’s table. You saw uour mom, eyes were swelling. “did she cried again?” you asked yourself. You approaching the table slowly and carefully. You stand in front of the table. Your dad put that unreadable face, again. “sit” dad asked. You sit in front of them. After a while, your dad put a paper asking you to read the contain. You take the paper “Choi HaNa” it written. You read the contain. “you knew...” you said slowly but loud enough for you parents to hear. “Hana, why you didn’t tell us about this?” your dad asked sadly. “I... “ don’t want you guys to worry about me” you said holding back the tears. “I’m your dad, how come we don’t worry if our daughter is living with liver cancer stage 3 while she is just 22 years old? Hana tell me” your dad said in sad tone. You can’t hold your tears. It’s hurt, it’s hurt to see your mom sad, it’s hurt to see your dad worry, it’s sad to imagine that Dana will be living in the house alone while mom and dad is on business trip. It’s hurt to leave the world.  “I’m sorry” that words escape from your mouth. You can’t think anything more than apologise. “we’re searching for liver donor and you’re going to check up every 3 days. And don’t you ever think to delay your appointment with Dr. Seo, again” dad said. “h-how did you know about it?” you asked. “the hospital that you went for check up is my friend’s. He asked me what is your name when he saw your document and I cancel the business trip that I should be attending today” you’re speechless. “I’ll inform your college that you can’t attend classes for a while and from now, don’t do anything that will burden you” you nod holding tears.

“dad?” you called your dad. Dad nod asked you to continue “can you do me a favour?” you asked him. “what, dear?” dad asked. “c-can you keep it secret from Dana?” you said. “why you don’t want us to tell Dana?” your mom asked, finally talking. “I don’t want her to be worry. . .” you said. “Hana can you stop thinking about everyone else? Just th-“ “as long as you want to go check up it’s okay” dad cut mom. You nod. After eating lunch, you go straight home. You went into your room and lay on your bed. “I’m sorry, Dana. I don’t want you to worry. Everything is going to be alright, right?” before you dozed to your dreamland. 

PEOPLE CRY, NOT BECAUSE

THEY'RE WEEK,

IT'S BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN

STRONG FOR TOO LONG


Finnaly an update! sorry for making you guys waiting. i'm bad. someone please slap me.