Oh Who You

Weirding Bingu Out

 

                                              

              

 

“Let me refresh your memory regarding the rules of detention in case you’ve forgotten. So basically no talking, no using of phones and no playing around. Any act I deem to be unacceptable will get you another hour of detention. Do I make myself clear? If I’m not clear enough for you than too bad cause I’m not the one wasting my time serving detention.”   

 

That’s Ms Kim for you. She’s actually a very fun and nice teacher like her classes will never bore you out. But she’s also the type that can’t stand no bullsh*it so as long as you give her some respect, she’ll do the same.

 

The way Ms Kim addressed the class made it feel like there were 30 students serving detention hours but in actual fact there were only 3 of us in the room. It was just Youngbae, me and some other guy who I couldn’t recognized because he was sleeping with his hands folded on the table thus covering his face. I somehow ended up sitting next to him because Ms Kim knew that Youngbae and me would bound to find ways to talk which was why she separated us. She’s kind of fond of us tbh so I guess she doesn’t want us to stake up more detention hours which is nice of her and all but still noooooo I need Youngbae especially in times of boredom. Youngbae sat two tables away with his back facing me and it felt like a wall was facing me instead. He did try to turn around and mouth a few sentences to me but I’m really terrible at lip-reading so all I could do in response was to blink and shake my head. After a few more attempts, he gave up and decided to sleep instead. I literally had nothing to do and the temptation of just sleeping away my detention hours was really really tempting but I knew I couldn’t do that. Somehow I was able to pep talk myself into taking out the math paper homework I had and attempted to do it. I was so highly motivated to do it, I was all like yeah I’m gonna do this I can totally do this I’m not going to waste my hours away I’m gonna do something productive for myself yes I will nothing is going to stop me after all this hard work I’m going to reward myself by buying my fave chocolate waffle with oreo bits at the bakery nearby yes yes I will. And all that motivation lasted until the 2nd question of my math paper because I was stuck and dying and I had no idea how to do it and even the thought of my fave waffle could not make me think and all I could do was stare at my fairy mathmother aka Youngbae sleeping two very long distanced tables away from me. The urge to crumple up my paper and throw it at him was very strong but since it was Ms Kim I didn’t dare to take the risk. So I went back from staring at Youngbae’s stupid back for 20 minutes to staring at my blank paper for 20 minutes instead. Tbh I was just zoning out and thinking of absolutely nothing. That is until my stomach made this small baby bear growl and I was like sh*t I hoped nobody heard that. I ransacked my bag for my water bottle but I couldn’t find it anyway and I think I made quite a fair bit of noise because I kind of saw the guy sitting beside me lifting his head and looking at me but I refused to glance his way because is it such a crime to look for one’s water bottle huh? I mean it isn’t like I was making noise on purpose right so leave me aloneeeeeeee. Anyways back to my water bottle, yeah I couldn’t find it and that’s because right before I entered this room I drank all of my bottled water away and happily threw it into the classroom’s rubbish bin despite the fact that the water was for me to survive detention without dying of thirst but I guess I was already dying from another kind of thirst (coughs choi seunghyun coughs) so I needed all the water I could get. And now I’m stuck regretting that decision I made because right now I’m really hungry and my stomach is threatening to growl really loudly and I need that water to tame it but now all I’m left with is an stomach going wild and attempting to growl really loudly so I would die of shame for not having fed it well enough. Yayy me.

Shut it stomach I know okay I know you’re really hungry but this room is really silent and like there are only 3 other people in it and they are all within great hearing distance so I’m pretty sure they’ll be able to hear your angry growls so please be quiet I swear I’ll gobble up like 3 waffles after this if you would just help me out here and not growl like I’ve starved you for 3 years thanks.

 

Okay so I guess my stomach did not like the fact that I’ve used the word starved and I have somehow insulted it so it decided to growl extra loud and about a minute long just to show me who’s boss. Okay stomach I get it you win thanks a lot yeah. Pretty sure everyone in this detention room knows you’re hungry and angry and hate me thanks I appreciate that growl so much. Now let me die of shame. I couldn’t even lift my head up after that insanely loud growl for fear that everyone in the room would be looking at me and laughing silently in their minds. If Youngbae even dares to mention it, I’m gonna make him buy me 3 waffles and a frappe I do not care what he says cause he’s gonna buy it for me.

 

“Yah”

 

Phuck my life. Is that Ms Kim? Why is she suddenly speaking? Omg is she going to ask what that noise was cause if she is I’m gonna just bang my head against this table until I get a concussion or something.

 

“Yah. Youngbae-ssi? Dong Youngbae!”

Omg thank you thank you thank you Dong Youngbae you are clearly a life saviour. If she had called my name, I think I would probably have died even though I think that would be just me overreacting but still.

 

“Huh? Are you calling me Ms Kim?”

 

Youngbae lifts his head up from the desk and looks blankly at Ms Kim.

 

“Does it look like I’m calling someone else? Is your name not Dong Youngbae?”

 

“Well I would prefer to be called Taeyang actually.”

 

“If your grades shine as brightly as the sun then maybe I would call you Taeyang.”

 

“My grades aren’t that bad though.”

 

“That’s what you think anyways I need you to follow me to the sports hall. Mr Soo requires some manpower to set up a few stuff.”

 

“What about me?”

I mean I have probably the same amount of manpower Yougnbae has right? She can’t possibly leave me stuck in this room right?

 

“I’ll need you to stay in this room and watch over your table mate. If any trouble occurs while I’m away, I’ll add extra hours for both of you no matter who causes the trouble.”

 

“Byeeeeee. Have fun staring at blank walls.”

 

“Yah Youngbae, do you need extra hours added too?”

 

And with those words, Ms Kim and Youngbae left me to be stuck in the detention room with a random boy who I clearly did not know. Also my stomach is threatening to growl again which makes it all the more fun for me yayy.

 

“Are they gone?”

 

The boy next to me asked as he suddenly without any warning whatsoever, lifted his head up to ask me that question.

 

“Oh my god! Can you not do that? You scared the sh*t out of me!”

I literally jumped in my seat and knocked my knees against the table from the sudden shock. Like yeah I did ask for an concussion but in no way at all was I expecting a heart attack.

 

“Sh*t sorry. Are you okay?”

 

I didn’t give him a reply because I was too busy rubbing my maybe bruised knees that had turned red. And that might have been the reason that prompted him to get closer to me to take a look at my knees. And because I was sitting down with my knees tucked close to me, I guess that was why his face was so incredibly close to me which prompted me to really look and stare at him. And that itself was a mistake because he looked especially breath-taking with those genuinely concerned eyes and his whole face expression was screaming care and concern and I just couldn’t stop staring until he looked up at me and my eyes met his and I had to make myself stop before it got all awkward.

 

“Umm yeah I’m okay. It just hurts a little.”

 

Okay just look anywhere and everywhere except for his face. Do not look at him. I repeat do not look at him.

 

“You sure? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you like that.”

 

Its rude to not look at a person when they are talking to you right? Which is why I looked and then I instantly regretted it because his face omg his face was just screaming out apologetic and concern like seriously how can a face even do that? He was just looking up at me in this really really apologetic and concerned manner and he was just sitting down on the floor not even a metre away from me with his legs crossed and looking like the cutest puppy ever and i felt like cuddling him to death no lie.

 

“I’m okay really okay so it’s okay.”

 

What the. What am I even saying. Can someone please take me away from this mysterious unknown cute puppy boy okay maybe I do not want to be taken away but it’s for my own good but he looks so cute omg stop it me sh*t help.

 

“Okay that’s good.”

 

He says as he stands up and towers over me prompting me to look up at him instead and to notice his really nice neck and jawline which I was trying very hard to not openly stare at.

“I know what Ms Kim said but I’m really craving some snacks and a drink so would you like to join me in buying some? I mean I can go get them on my own it’s cool but would you like -”

 

“Yes. Let’s go.”

 

I have no self-discipline whatsoever. But omg can I just say he looks so cute as he tries to look innocent while asking if I would like to join in his rebellious act. Like the way he talks just seems to captivate my attention and prompts me to say yes to everything he says no lie.

 

“Are you sure? I can always just get you what you want instead ya know?”

 

Such kindness awww I’m touched. Why does he look so innocent when he says that? Can he stop with the seeming to be very overly concerned thingy because it is affecting me so much like seriously stop.

 

“I’m restless anyways so let’s go.”

 

I quickly take out my wallet and phone from my bag and head towards the back door of the classroom. He does the same and walks over to me and before sliding open the door he smiles at me and mouths the word leggo.

Phuck no lie when he smiled it was like his smile was the definition of a sweet smile because his smile was the sweetest and at the same time most playful smile ever and legit it would have made any girl swoon for him (maybe me maybe only a tiny little bit but I swear it was because I was hungry okay) and the way he mouth the word leggo made me wanna go everywhere with him not caring  where. Sh*t I should not be going anywhere actually like I’m suppose to be in  detention but I was hungry and I was suppose to watch him so that’s why I’m following him right now right?