Luhan Knows

Crown Prince and I

“Omo! Honey our Kyungie is so pretty. I bet the Crown Prince is drooling over him.” Mrs. Do squeals after seeing the news.

“Honey we’re not supposed to be happy with situation. Aren’t you worried for our son? I thought the Palace wants it to be a secret then why they held a press conference?” Mr. Do said he’s really worried for Kyungsoo’s well-being in the Palace. Their son promised to call last night but he didn’t call.

“I don’t know what happened back there but damn our genes are so good that we made such a very pretty son.” Mrs. Do exclaims then the phone rings. Mr. Do just shakes his head.

“Hello”

“Hi dad. It’s me.” Kyungsoo answer on the other line.

“Oh Kyungsoo! What happened? I thought they want it to be a secret why they held a press conference? Are you okay there? You didn’t phone last night we were waiting for you until we fell asleep.” Mr. Do throws in questions after question.

“Is that Kyungsoo? Let me talk to him.” Mrs. Do didn’t let her husband say anything she just grab the phone from her husband.

“Kyungsoo I saw you in the TV and you’re so adorable. Did the prince drool over you? I just hope he didn’t you. I’m not ready yet to be a grandma.” Mrs. Do blabbers some more until Mr. Do can’t take it anymore and he just grab the phone.

“Honey let me talk to our son first.” Mr. Do says. “So what happened? I need an explanation son.”

“Don’t worry about me dad I’m okay here just too tired yesterday. I also don’t know why they did that I only accept the deal of dressing me as a girl if the marriage will only last for two years which they accept.“  Kyungsoo explains.

“Are you sure with what you are doing? Can you handle that? You have to be more careful to keep your secret to the public.” Worry can be traced on Mr. Do’s voice. This is the first time that his son would be away from them and he’s not sure if Kyungsoo can do well by himself especially in the Palace. The Palace is too harsh for Kyungsoo that’s what he thinks he’s son is still too young.

“Yeah dad. There are people here that are helping me. I think I’ll be fine here.” Kyungsoo assure his father.

“You have to be sure that they are being true to you. Make sure that you can trust the people that are helping you they might be the one that will bring you trouble. Loyalty inside the Palace is very critical.” Mr. Do warns his son.

“Yes dad I’ll be careful I’m sorry you can’t be on my wedding they say to keep it safe it’s better for you not to come at all.” Kyungsoo sadly explains, he’s sad although he doesn’t want this wedding it’s still his wedding and he wants his parents to witness it.

“Its okay son we understand we’ll just watch on the live broadcast.” His father replied.

“Thanks for understanding dad I’ll talk to you later dad they’re calling me to get my measurement for the dress. Bye dad I love you tell mom I love her too and stop fangirling over me.” After the phone call Mr. Do looks at his wife who he thinks has calmed down from her fangirling.

“What did he say?” she inquires. He tell her what Kyungsoo told him.

~~~

At the couture shop, Kyungsoo is standing while Kibum is taking his measurement he just finished talking to his parents. He only needs to make another phone call later and it will be a very difficult conversation as he thought how Luhan would react once he tell him what’s going on with his life and his Crown Prince. His thought was interrupted when Minseok speak up.

“Kyungsoo after this we’ll go back to the Palace you have to attend the tea ceremony with the King and Queen.” Minseok said as he browse on his planner Kyungsoo just nods his head although he don’t know what he should do during the ceremony he hasn’t been into one and they didn’t teach that in his school. He just hope Minseok hyung would be kind enough to give him some pointers on what to do he’ll just ask him while on they’re on the way to the Palace. “Then tomorrow you’ll have the wedding practice with the whole entourage.”

“The whole entourage? That means Jongin is gonna be there?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Of course darling a wedding without a groom is not a wedding after all. Don’t be silly.” Kibum slaps him on his shoulder with his question.

He’s not quite sure how he should react with Jongin. He don’t know Jongin well enough to be comfortable with him and they didn’t have a good first meeting. They haven’t really had a chance to talk about them. They’re going to live together for two years so at least they must have some conditions with each other so they won’t be a burden to each other. Another conversation that he needs to do. The day hasn’t ended yet but feels already tired.

“You’re good to go Kyungsoo I got your measurement and the dress will be ready on the day of your wedding.” Kibum pats his shoulder and he says thank you before they left the store.

~~~

Kyungsoo bowed as soon as he enter the room where the tea ceremony will be held. King Jongsuk and Queen Bora were sitting in the round table a maid bring out the tools for the ceremony and laid it out on the table. He looked around in search for the Prince but he can’t find him anywhere.

“Jongin is not here he needs to attend an important meeting.” Queen Bora says.

“Oh I’m not looking for him I was just looking for Minseok hyung.” He quickly denied and look around except at the royal couple.

The King and Queen look at each other and smile. They asked Kyungsoo to sit down. Kyungsoo started the ceremony by aesthetically the tools he tried to remember as much as he can what Minseok hyung taught him. His hands were shaking as he held the teapot he just hope he won’t make a big mistake. After he cleans the tools he starts preparing the matcha green tea. He adds in the tea bowl three scoops of matcha for each of them the he add hot water is also added to the bowl and whisked into a thin paste. He adds more water is added afterwards. Once he’s done with the tea he served it to the King and Queen, they drank the tea and they’re still quiet. What do he expect it’s a tea ceremony after all. The finished drinking he cleans the tools again and the King inspect the cleanliness of it. The King smiles after he inspect the tools.

“You did great Kyungsoo. Have you been in any tea ceremony before?” The King compliments he.

“No you’re Highness it’s the first time that I had a tea ceremony thanks to Minseok Hyung he gave me a crash course in tea ceremony.” He laughs.

“I’m impressed. You’ll do a good job being the crown princess, Kyungsoo.” Queen Bora adds.

“Thank you you’re Highness but I’m not really confident being the crown princess. I’m just an ordinary boy who lives in the countryside I’m not used to this kind of living as a royalty.” He said.

“Don’t worry about it Kyungsoo we will be here to support and guide you besides you have Minseok I assure you, you can trust him.” The King said.

“Thank you your Highness. Minseok Hyung has been a big help to me since I came here.”

There was a knock on the door and Secretary Kim entered the room He bowed before he speaks.

“Your Highness Elder Jung came and he wants to talk to you. He said this is important regarding the people living near the border.”

“Kyungsoo we need to go have a rest you had a long day today.” The King said he bowed before the King and Queen leave the room. He sighs and slumps is body on the chair when the royal couple was gone. Minseok entered the room and smiles. “Take a rest Kyungsoo we’ll see again tomorrow. I’ll send your dinner to your room I know you had a very tiring day.”

“Thanks hyung” he stands up and lazily walks out of the room. Once he entered his room he jumps off the bed and he bounces this bed is too soft unlike the one he used back home. He miss his old bed, his old radio, the smell of his room, the faded paint of his wall and especially his big pororo stuffed toy it was a gift from Luhan when they celebrated their first year anniversary as bestfriend. It was Luhan’s idea that they supposed to have it because couples do why can’t they? Thinking about Luhan he grabs his phone and call him it’s better to tell Luhan now than to let him know about his engagement later. He will totally get mad at him and it might end their friendship he just hope Luhan will be more open minded this time and understand him. After three rings he answers with a loud voice.

“Why did you just call me now? I have a very bad day and you’re not here to comfort me. What kind of bestfriend are you?” he distanced the phone from his ear cause it seems like Luhans voice were on a speaker.

“I’m sorry I’ve been busy and what happened to you? Did you break another Prince Jongin mug?” he said trying to divert a little of Luhan’s attention. It’s been tested that when you did something bad behind Luhan’s back you don’t say it to him instantly you have to slowly tell him in that case he won’t be that mad at you. It’s a crazy logic for him but it works. It’s Luhan for God sake anything crazy will work for him.

“NO haven’t you heard the news? My PRINCE IS GETTING MARRIED TO AN UGLY THAT CAME FROM MARS!” he winced as Luhan shouts over the phone he’s going to be deaf by the end of this conversation.

“Uhm about that I have to tell you something important.” He tries to get Luhan’s attention but he still keeps talking about the ugly who stole his prince which in case the is him.

“This is more important! That GOLD DIGGER FROM JUPITER IS JUST USING MY PRINCE TO GET FAMOUS!” Luhan keeps on going until he became the ugly who for all the men in Pluto and this ends his string.

“ WILL YOU STOP TALKING FOR A WHILE LISTEN TO ME! I’M THAT FROM EVERY PLANET IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM THAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT!” he shouts Luhan will not stop talking until you shout at him.

“What are you talking about?” finally he listens.

“I’m the girl that Prince Jongin is going to marry the day after tomorrow.” He said and there was silence for a few seconds then Luhan was laughing.

“Hahahaha. Stop fooling around Kyungsoo I know you’re just trying to make me feel better and it’s working. You’re really funny Kyungie! Hahahaha” he had another fit of laughter,

“I’m not kidding I’m here at the Palace right now don’t you recognize me? I just wore a wig and dressed up as a woman but it’s still me.” He explains there was another silence maybe Luhan was getting the information. He heard some rustling over the phone and Luhan became silent again.

“WHAT THE ?! You’re right the girl looks like you. What happened?” Luhan asked.

“It’s a long story but to make it short it was an arranged marriage from our grandparents and I need to follow that or we’ll lose everything thing we have.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? You know how much I love Prince Jongin.” His voice sounded like he’s about to cry.

“That’s why I’m telling you now so you won’t get mad. I can’t do anything about it besides it’s just for two years and we’ll have a divorce.” He tries to explain some more.

“I HATE YOU TRAITOR FROM EXO PLANET!” and the call was ended. He tried to call Luhan again but it was always directed to his voice mail. He left a message saying how sorry he was and he didn’t have a choice. He just hope Luhan will have a clear mind when he listens to his messages. He thought does EXO planet exist? Why didn’t he know that? He shake his head this is not the right time to think about that. He tried to call him again and again until he fell asleep.