The Interview

Crown Prince and I

 

Back in Kyungsoo’s house his mother was cooking for their lunch when his father came home although he was suppose to be at work since lunch time is the busiest in the restaurant where he works. He turns on the TV and set it on a high volume. Mrs. Do went to the living room to tell his husband to lower the volume of the TV.

“We got to watch the news the palace will announce the engagement of the crown prince.” Mr. Do replied. He heard it from his boss today and he faked being sick just to get home and watch the news and also to tell his wife about it.

“But I thought they are going to keep this a secret? Why are they holding a press conference?” Mrs. Do was wonders and Kyungsoo hasn’t called them last night when he told them that he’s going to call. She waits for her son’s phone call until she felt asleep its making her worried for him. What if they are abusing him or they confiscate his cell phone so can’t communicate with them or maybe he was by the prince the moment he saw her squishy Kyungsoo because he is so cute and can’t resist her son’s charm? Oh no her poor baby! Her thoughts were cut off when her husband answer, “That’s why I came home to watch this. I also want to know.”

The commercial ends and the news anchor of the news appeared they focused on the news. “Good morning everyone this is Nam Jihyun for SKN New Alert! Today the palace made sudden announcement regarding the engagement of our Crown Prince Jongin. The Crown Prince who turned sixteen last month is now engage and the identity of the girl he’s engaged to is still unknown. Who is she? Where did she come from? Is she part of the elite society of Korea? All of our questions will be answered in a short while, our field reporter Lee Donghae is outside of SKN building and will be reporting about the situation there.”

Outside of the SKN building police, who are having a hard time to contain the raging fans made a barricade against them. The fans are raging with anger while some are crying but most of them are shouting and cursing. Everyone is holding a placard with curses and names like , and . The Crown prince and his fiancé haven’t arrived yet and they were all waiting for them.

Lee Donghae interviewed one of the fans; it was Luhan who he interviewed he was the loudest and leading the fans. He was shocked when he heard the news but his anger envelopes him and he made a decision that he will do everything to stop this marriage no matter what even if he ends up in jail because the prince belongs to the nation and not just any other girl. As soon as he heard the news he took the earliest bus going to Seoul and send group message to his club council and inform them about the news. “What can you say about the engagement of our Crown Prince?”

“As the President of his fan club, we are very much against this marriage. He is too young to get married yet he hasn’t even graduated from high school yet they are letting him get married? Is this even allowed?”Luhan answered.

“Yes it’s legal if both of their parents approved of the marriage.” Donghae replied then the official car of the prince arrived and stopped in front of the building this cause much chaos. The fans and the other media were almost uncontrollable. All of them wanted to see who the prince’s fiancé is.

It was the prince who went out first his bodyguards tried to cover him with their body in case some of the crazy fans try to throw something. Then he was followed by Kyungsoo with the bodyguards covering him as well.

There were lots of cameras flashing and it’s blinding Kyungsoo’s eyes. He never experienced this before and he needs to start getting used to it when they get married. He looks at his surroundings fans are really mad. He can hear their shouts and curses.

“Ugly ! We will not let you marry our Prince!”

“Go to hell !”

“Don’t marry him Prince Jongin he’s a social climber!”

He’ll be honest that those words hurt him a bit. If he had any other choice he would have not agreed to this marriage but no his family will suffer if he will not do it. They don’t know anything about him so. Then it came to him that the voice is familiar to him, and then he looks where the loud familiar voice came and he was right, there standing along with the other fans is his best friend Luhan. Oh no! He forgets about Luhan and his love for the prince. Ugh! How can he explain this to him? He will get angry for sure. When this is done he will call his parents then Luhan.

Luhan got the chance to see in between the bodyguards the face if the prince’ fiancé and for him the girl looks familiar to him. He thinks he saw him before he just doesn’t know where and when. He continued to shout at the top of his lungs to let the prince hear that he is making a big mistake of his life. Then the couple entered the building, Minseok and Baekhyun were already inside waiting for them. They were in the elevator when the prince speaks up.

“I assume Minseok told you what to say and what to do during the press conference.”

“Yes he does.” Kyungsoo answered without looking at the Prince. The elevator rings signaling that they are at the floor where they are going. Prince Jongin walk out first and Baekhyun greeted the Prince and he looks at Kyungsoo.

“You’re so pretty Kyung-“Baekhyun said but he was stopped when a hand covers his mouth, it was Minseok behind him. He looks around first to check if somebody is around that might hear Baekhyun.

“I know Minkyung-ssi is pretty Baekhyun.” Minseok said emphasizing the name and glared at Baekhyun. That was only then that Baekhyun remembers the situation and he apologize.

“You are really pretty Minkyung-ssi. I almost didn’t recognize you. I bet the prince is drooling over you when he saw you.” Baekhyun teases him, raising his eyebrows.

“Yeah right. He’s just shy to admit it.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and followed where the prince go.

“So was your first night in the palace Minkyung-ssi?” Baekhyun asked, still walking behind him together with Minseok when he’s supposed to be by the Prince’s assistant.

“It went well; I fell asleep as soon as my back felt the soft bed because Minseok hyung fed me with all the things I need to know for today.” Minseok just smiled at him. They were already in what looks like a waiting room. Prince Jongin is sitting in one of the chair when he called Baekhyun. He whispered something to Baekhyun and he went out after.

When Baekhyun came back he gave something to Prince Jongin it looks like a small box. Prince Jongin stands up and walked to where Kyungsoo was sitting.

“I can’t let you go out of there without wearing this and people will notice that this is missing.” Prince Jongin says and Kyungsoo widens his eyes when the prince took out a solitaire sapphire ring with little diamonds around it. It was so pretty that must cost a lot.

“It is a family heirloom passed down to the crown prince for his fiancé. I was supposed to give it to…”

“Your Highness the interview will start in five minutes please get ready.” Prince Jongin was interrupted by the floor director.

“Okay we’ll be there.” Prince Jongin replied he instantly slip the ring onto Kyungsoo’s ring finger and drag him out of the room. Kyungsoo didn’t get the chance to protest. He didn’t want to accept the ring that is so precious like that and the Prince also mentioned that he was supposed to give it to someone before he was cut off. He wonders who is going to give it to and why he didn’t give it to her. So the Prince must have someone that he loves? Why not marry her instead of him if he loves someone? Maybe he was really forced into this marriage because of our grandfathers but he’s the Crown prince he can decline it. Kyungsoo was thinking about it so much that he didn’t saw the stairs and he tripped thank god for the prince’s quick reflex he grabbed Kyungsoo and saved him from embarrassing himself.

Prince Jongin held Kyungsoo closely and whispered “Please be mindful of your surrounding a lot of people are watching don’t embarrass me.” He uttered a simple sorry.

The floor director led them to their seat where Yoo Hera, a seasoned reporter was waiting for them. She stands up and gives her greetings to us. She looks so respectable and professional. The director says that will be on live on ten seconds he start counting and Kyungsoo took a deep breath trying to calm himself. He heard a clap from the clapper that’s the cue that there’s no turning back for him now.

“Good morning everyone, this is Yoo Hera and we have the opportunity to have an exclusive interview with our Crown Prince and his fiancé.” Hera-ssi started.

“Thank you your highness for this exclusive interview. I won’t beat around the bush and start with what the people was eager to know. Your highness are you really engaged?”

 “Yes.” Prince Jongin answered without any hesitation. “And she is with me now, Do Minkyung my fiancé.” He introduced me and he saw how the camera focused on him. His hands were starting to get sweaty.

“Why did the Palace didn’t announce about your engagement?”

“Ever since I wanted my proposal to be intimate and romantic just the two of us. I didn’t even tell my parents about my decision.” Romantic? Right you just shoved the ring to my finger and dragged me here Kyungsoo thought.

“Aren’t you too young your highness to get married?

“I know I’m still young, I just turned sixteen but the moment I saw Minkyung I said to myself this is the girl that I want to spend my forever with.” Prince Jongin held his hands and look into his eyes. He wants to scoff at the Prince’ words it’s so cheesy and he’s a real good actor. Kyungsoo just smiled at him showing his heart-shaped smile.

“I know people want to know this big question who is Do Minkyung and how did you meet the Crown Prince?” Hera-ssi asked Kyungsoo. Now it’s his turn in the hot seat, he got this he just needs to remember what Minseok hyung told him yesterday.

“My name is Do Minkyung, seventeen years old from a commoner family in the south of the country. I knew his Highness personally because of our grandfathers. My grandfather is a friend of the late King Jonghyun.” Kyungsoo tried his best to make his voice sound girly which is hard to do. He answered briefly without stuttering. Usually he stutters when he does public speaking and he wants to pats himself for doing a great job. He don’t know where he got his confidence but

 “Minkyung-ssi how long have you been dating the Prince? How come we never saw you with the Crown Prince?”

“We dated secretly for three years. We never go to public places and when we go to a public place we keep a very low profile.” He heard loud gasped from the people in the studio.

“You’ve been dating for three years?” Hera-ssi was also shocked but got her composure back instantly.

“Yes it was hard for both of us to keep the relationship. There was some point in our relationship that Minkyung wants to end it because she wants the people know about us that I was only for her but we stay strong and believe in the forever that we have.” Prince Jongin answered this time.

“I also want to apologize to everyone that I kept this a secret I know I’m your Crown Prince and a public person but I hope you all understand that I’m also a person and to keep some things for myself privately which is my relationship with Minkyung. Now that I introduced her I hope you respect her and take care of her as your soon to be Crown Princess.” Prince Jongin stands up and made a deep bow Kyungsoo follows what the Crown Prince did.

They both get back to their seat. “We will do that your Highness. The last question we have when is the wedding ceremony? Are you going to do it privately or the traditional way?”

“The wedding will be on the day after tomorrow and it will be the traditional ways. It’s a ceremony that I need to follow.”

“Why is the wedding in rush your highness? Could it be that Minkyung-ssi is already expecting?” Hera-ssi followed up her question which made Kyungsoo shocked.

“No. I just can’t really wait to start my forever with Minkyung. That’s it.” Kyungsoo just hoped that people will buy that explanation.

“Alright we will respect your decision your Highness. This ends our interview and I want to thank you again for this opportunity. I wish for both of you a happy married life.” Hera-ssi ended the interview. They both shook Hera’s hand before leaving the studio. Baekhyun and Minseok were waiting for them and lead them out of the building.

While walking Minseok patted his shoulder, “You did great Minkyung but you can’t relax yet we have a long list of things to do today.” He just sighed.

Baekhyun was smiling from ear to ear and was looking at Prince Jongin mischievously. “I didn’t know you are a ball of cheese Jongin.” He teased the Prince. Baekhyun calls Prince Jongin by his name as requested by the Prince.

“Shut up Baekhyun. You did good Minkyung.” Prince Jongin said then walks ahead of us. The compliment was out of the blue but it made Kyungsoo smile. They all follow the Prince on the way out.

 

this is Kyungsoo's engagement ring.