The BIG News

Crown Prince and I

          When Kyungsoo was young he didn't know where his parents got the money to send him to school. They are not poor and they are not rich but they never had a problem with money. They live in the countryside his father is a cook in the only restaurant in town while his mother is a plain housewife and he is an only child they live a simple yet happy life.

          One day after he came back from school he noticed a black car outside their house he wonder who could be their visitor they rarely have visitors in their house. When he enters the house he saw his parents sitting in the living room talking to a man seriously. His face is familiar to him but he just can't remember where did he saw the man. "Kyungsoo good you're here now we were waiting for you son." his mother greeted him. "Kyungsoo this is Mr. Kim he is the Royal Secretary and he wants to say something to you." his father introduced the man to him. That's why he looks familiar because he is always in the news. He greets Mr. Kim with a full 90 degree bow. Mr. Kim smiles at him "It's nice to meet you Kyungsoo-ssi. I will go straight to the reason of my visit today" he wonders what could it be that the Royal Secretary will make an effort to come into their house.

          "Crown Prince Jongin turned Eighteen and as promised he is going to get married to you by the end of the month." Mr. Kim says it as if its just a normal thing to say. Kyungsoo's eyes grew bigger than its normal size he looks at his parents and they were calm while he's so shocked with the news. "Mom, dad what the hell is he talking about? I can't marry a boy especially the Crown Prince!" he said looking back and forth to his parents to give him some explanation. "Please calm down first Kyungsoo and let Mr. Kim to explain it to you." his mother gestures him to sit down beside her which he did.

           "You're grandfather saved King Jongsuk who was still the Crown Prince that time and as a gratitude for his good deed King Jonghyun promised to marry off the Crown Prince's first born child to the first born child of his daughter. The problem is The King didn't anticipate that there's a possiblity the children could be of the same gender." Mr. Kim tries to explain to him.

          "That's right why did he not think about that when he made a decision. We could just call off the wedding since the old king is dead now and my so is my grandfather." Kyungsoo reasoned out to which surprises his mother. "Kyungie don't talk like that." she says.

          "So you're okay that I marry a boy?"

         "Son we know you're gay the moment you kissed the boy in your kindergarten." his dad says while smirking. He knows he's gay but he didn't know that his parents knows his gender preference. Atleast they accept him even if he's gay. "Yes I'm gay but that's not the point I can't marry the Crown Prince because I don't even know if he's gay too and how will the public react when they discover that the Crown Prince is married to a boy?" he just hope that his parents will understand what he is trying to say.

          "Kyungsoo-ssi the public will not know about this marriage. it will be keep a secret and will be treated as the most confidential information of the palace." Mr. Kim added.

          "What are you trying to say Mr. Kim I will become a concubine? OMG I can't believe this is happening to me. I will not accept this." Kyungsoo slaps his cheeks to make sure he's not dreaming. The stinging pain proves that this is real.

         "And also..."

          "Oh my God there's more? are you going to say that I need to bare a child to continue the royal lineage?"  a loud laugh coming from his parents errupts in the room. He just rolls his eyes some parents he has. "Kyungie you know very well that you can't get pregnant don't be delusional honey." his mother says and continued to laugh and he just glares at his parents. Mr. Kim clears his throat to get their attention.

          "As I was saying you can't say no to this marriage because your family will need to pay back all the money that you received from the Royal Family, this house and land."

          "What money we didn't received any money from them and this house and land belongs to my grandfather right mom?"

          "About that we don't own this house and land Kyungsoo and we received money from them monthly. Do you think we could survive like this with your fathers small salary? We never had a problem with money because of them." Mrs. Do explains she can't look into Kyungsoo's eyes with guilt creeping out to herself.

         "WHAT?! So you know about the arranged marriage all along and you didn't bother to tell me about it?"

         "We don't know also until now, your grandfather just said that the money is just a gratitude money for saving King Jongsuk." his mother tries to explain. "Mr. Kim don't you think this is blackmailing?" Kyungsoo asked.

         "Call it blackmailing whatever you want but this order from the late King must be followed no matter what. I hope you understand Kyungsoo-ssi." Mr. Kim stands and starts walking to the door when he turns again and speak. "And Kyungsoo you must go to the city three days before the wedding ceremony somebody will pick you up in the train station." he bows and left the house.

          No one speaks after Mr. Kim left the house. "I'll just go to my room to think about this." Kyungsoo went to his room without waitning for his parents reply. He walks inside his room and plops his body on his bed. He groaned and pulls his hair thinking for sure his life is doomed. He turms on his back and stares on his white ceiling for a long time weighing the consequences that his decision will make. Then something pops on his mind suddenly there's a light bulb shining brightly above his head he sits up and smiles.

          "Its a good idea I must tell mom and dad." he went down to the living room excitedly but his parents were not there then he went to look in the kitchen where his mom is preparing dinner while his dad is nowhere is be seen. "Mom where's dad?" he asked.

          "He's in the garage go get him dinner is almost ready." He went to the garage to get his dad and when they came back the table is set and waiting for them. They start eating and he's waiting for a right timing to say about his plan. He keeps on looking between his parents then back to his food. His father noticed his action "What's wrong Kyungsoo? Is it about the marriage? I you don't want to do it we'll think of a way to pay for them."

           "That's right Kyungsoo I can go look for a job to add income for the family. Don't worry too much you still have one week to think about it we're not forcing you or anything to save this family from debt to the Royal family."

            "Mom, dad I thought of a plan I will marry Prince Jongin then after two year I will divorce him in that way they will not asked us to pay for our debt and the old king will not haunt me for not following his plan besides it will be kept a secret so no one will know that the prince got married to me right?" he proudly explains his plan his parents looks at each other and nod. "You're so bright Kyungie." his mom said and reach out for his hand. He smile so brightly because his plan is really briliant. They continue eating their dinner and when his done he went to his bedroom saying he need to do some homework.

            Notebooks and books are scattered on his study table his professors gave them a lot of assignments and he's just staring on the blank paper. He is thinking about Prince Jongin he can say he's a bit excited to meet the Prince, who wouldn't when the Prince is one of the hottest bachelor in the country he's the epitome of tall, dark and handsome. Well he's gonna pass for the dark although he's not really dark but he's dark for a typical korean. Luhan his bestfriend will go mad when he knows about him marrying the Prince because Luhan has the biggest crush ever to Prince Jongin and the president of the Prince' fans club. He's so crazy about him to the point he wears a brief with Prince Jongin's face but the truth is it was his idea or a joke to make it a merchandise he didn't thought that Luhan will follow his idea. The briefs sells like a hotcake on the first day of its release. He wonders if he can tell Luhan about it but thinking about Luhan and his big mouth nah the whole world will know about it in a matter of seconds he tell him. He decided not to tell Luhan for now what Luhan doesn't know will not kill him that's what he thought.

          

AN: First chapter is out how is it? I would appreciate it if you leave comments and suggestions I haven't proof read it can someone help me proof read it?

2/20/15 I added some part to make it longer. ^_^