Day 9: Fluffy Christmas Sweaters

The Twelve Days of EXO

Jongdae loved Christmas. Plain and simple. Once December rolled around, the tree was up, the garland was hung, and every light was posted throughout his apartment. Decorations were everywhere. He wore a Santa hat every day of the month. Jongdae loved Christmas. It was almost too much.

Minseok loved Christmas, too, just not as much as Jongdae. He’d bake Christmas cookies, make Christmas coffee creations and put up minimal decorations, but that’s nothing in comparison to his boyfriend.

There was one thing that Jongdae enjoyed about the season more than Christmas, and that was the little bit of winter fat that Minseok put on. His slightly chubby appearance and full cheeks just gave more life to him and made Jongdae love him so much more.

There was one thing about Jongdae’s Christmas spirit that Minseok truly loved, and that was his enthusiasm. It was enlightening and enjoyable to see Jongdae bounce around their apartment, putting up lights and garland and mistletoe and other Christmas goodies. It made Minseok love him so much more.

To celebrate the season, the couple was going shopping. (More like Jongdae was going to celebrate. Minseok was being dragged out and away from his coffee machine.)

“It’ll be fun!” Jongdae yelled, dragging his boyfriend by his hand into the shopping mall.

“But Dae!” Minseok whined.

Rolling his eyes, he faced the older boy. “It’s not like you’ve gotten your Christmas presents yet. Have fun with me. Don’t be such a Scrooge,” he persuaded. Minseok sighed and allowed himself to be dragged by the younger boy. Besides, who was he to try and fight him? It’d be like denying a kid on Halloween candy.

That and he could finally get the Christmas shopping he’d been procrastinating done.

The couple stopped in several small stores, one of which was a Hallmark, in order to get cards and small trinkets for those family members they weren’t that close with. They stopped in an electronics store to get a new pair of headphones for Jongdae’s older brother and an ITunes gift card for Minseok’s little sister (he had also gotten her a bracelet so he wasn't a total cheapskate).

As they headed toward a toy store to buy presents for Jongdae’s niece, they passed a clothing story displaying couple sweaters. Jongdae stopped instantly. It took several steps before Minseok even noticed. When he turned around to ask him why he’d stopped, he instantly saw his answer. Oh Hell NO~

“Please Minnie!” Jongdae begged. “Let’s just try some on. It’ll be fun!”

Those God damned puppy dog eyes. No, they will not work. I won’t let them work. I am immune to them. I’ve seen them too much to let them effect me now… But he looks so pitiful. God damn it! DAMN IT CHEN~

Inner monologue completed, Minseok sighed, “Fine.” He really couldn’t resist.

Entering the store, Jongdae immediately sprinted off to the sweaters. Minseok trudged behind him, but he couldn’t help but smile at the enthusiasm. When did he start dating a kid? Oh yeah, the second Christmas arrives.

There were many different couple sweaters. Most were part one on one sweater with part two on the second. It was times like this where being a gay couple had its disadvantages. All of the two part sweaters, one of them had to fit a women. That left their options limited.

“What about these Santa and Rudolph ones? I can be Rudolph and you can be Santa.”

“Is that implying you being an animal or me being chubby?”

“Maybe not… What about being two of Santa’s elves?”

“Didn’t Tao convince Kris to get those sweaters?”

Pouting, Jongdae looked like he was ready to give up. It broke Minseok’s heart to see him so downtrodden. If they left this store without buying couple sweaters, Minseok didn’t want to imagine just how disappointed he’d be.

Searching back in the corner of the store, Minseok stopped when he saw a pair of sweaters that would be perfect for him. “Jongdae! What about these?” he called.

Running over, Jongdae smiled that child on Christmas morning smile. “They’re perfect.”

The couple walked out of the store hand-in-hand. Minseok wore a red sweater with ‘Nice’ written in green with a halo above it. Jongdae wore a green sweater with ‘Naughty’ written in red with red devil ears and a tale attached to it. They were the perfect couple sweaters for the pair.

“Let’s finish our Christmas shopping. I still need to get you a present.”

“You’re present enough for me this Christmas, Min.”

Minseok lightly hit him with a bright blush across his cheeks. “Shut up, you’re still getting a present.”

Jongdae laughed but conceded to follow Minseok this time. This was going to be a great Christmas this year.


Day nine complete~ Xiuchen is my number one pairing in EXO so I had a blast writing this. Chen Chen being in love with Christmas was so much fun to write. Min Min not being able to resist was even more fun to write. Three more days until Christmas. Please comment and subscribe~ It makes our day.

~MidnightMusic96