Day 2: One, Two, Three, Four, I Declare A Snowball War!

The Twelve Days of EXO

If there was one thing that Kris had learned in the three years he'd been dating Tao, it was that doing anything simple with the blonde martial artist was pretty much impossible.

All he'd wanted was to go for a walk. Really, that was all he had wanted. They'd both had rough weeks at work, and Kris had thought that some time alone together would have done the both of them some good. Snow had just fallen the previous night, and the ice-blanketed park near their house was practically begging to be walked through.

When Kris had asked Tao if he wanted to go on a walk with him, he'd imagined them walking together in content silence, holding hands and occasionally looking over at each other. What he'd imagined was peaceful.

What he got was...well, not.

Tao had been calm for the first ten minutes or so, and things had been going just the way Kris had wanted them to. However, once they'd reached the part of the park where all the bare trees were, Tao had at some point made it his mission to step on every single crunchy leaf he could find.

The younger man was still doing that right now, hopping around the sidewalk and grinning widely every time a leaf crunched beneath his designer shoes. Kris had been left to walk a few feet behind him, only able to watch and roll his eyes as Tao smashed every fallen leaf that he could, havingly seemingly forgotten Kris' entire existence.

"Tao, really." Kris finally said after a few more minutes, sighing, "Do you have to kill all those leaves?"

"Of couse I do!" Tao called, not even looking back at Kris as he spoke. "You can't just walk past crunchy leaves without stepping on them. Duh."

Kris rolled his eyes, muttering something under his breath. He continued to follow behind Tao, looking up at the cloudy sky now since there wasn't much else to divert his attention. As he did, he let his thoughts drift off, thinking about what they should do for dinner.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't see the snowball hurtling towards him until it hit him square in the face.

Squawking in indignation, he stumbled back a bit before regaining his balace. He glared murderously around, prepared to tell off whatever stupid kid had thrown that snowball, but all his angry gaze found was his boyfriend, who was doubled over in laughter.

"Did you throw that?" Kris said accusingly, frowning at Tao. "That was a cheap shot. I wasn't even paying attention."

"I've always told you I don't fight fair." Tao said, grinning widely as he crouched down and started quickly forming another ball of snow in his gloved hands.

Kris' eyes widened and he darted behind a tree. "No, no, Tao, we are not doing this right now. I don't like snow being thrown at me."

"Then you better start making your own ammo!" The younger man called, running behind Kris' safety tree and throwing the snowball at him. It hit him in the side, and Kris whined as the snow seeped in through his jacket.

"Tao! That's cold!" He protested, ducking to narrowly avoid another snowball. 

Tao folded his arms across his chest, pouting mockingly. "Aww, is little baby Yifan too scared to fight his own boyfriend? Wah, wah, look at me, I'm baby Yifan, I can't even th-"

His mocking speech was cut off by a snowball hitting him right in the chest. Tao yelped in surprise, frowning at Kris, who was grinning now. Tao narrowed his eyes.

"Oh, it is on, Wu Yifan!"

With that, the two of them were off, darting around the barren trees and dodgig snowballs in between throws of their own. Both were laughing, grinning widely as they battled on, neither willing to give up the fight for snowball war champion.

They must have played for nearly an hour before one of Tao's snowballs hit Kris in the stomach and the elder man fell back onto his , breathing heavily as he raised his hands in the air. 

"Okay, okay, I give!" Kris laughed as he tried to catch his breath, "You win...this time...oh wow, I'm tired." He chuckled again, flopping down onto his back in the cold snow.

Tao jogged over, sititng down beside Yifan with a proud smirk on his face. 'You were a fine contender, I must say."

Kris grinned, "Do I get a kiss for participation?" He asked hopefully.

Tao laughed, moving to lean down and kiss Kris on the lips gently. He remained there for a few moments before pulling back and laying down beside Kris.

Kris smiled and closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of the cool breeze on his cheeks, which were flushed from the exertion of their battle. "We should go shopping later. I want to get presents for all our friends still."

"Mmkay." Tao mumbled, shifting to rest his head on Kris' chest, "We should get some heotteok while we're out. I haven't had that in a while and I'm cracing something sweet."

"I could go for some heotteok." Kris nodded in agreement, opening his eyes and sitting up a bit. "We probably shouldn't lay here too long. We don't want to catch a cold like Jongdae did."

Tao nodded and stood up, pulling Kris up with him and leaning up for another kiss. He hugged his boyfriend after that, smiling softly.

"Love you." Tao murmured into Kris' chest, giving him a squeeze.

"Yeah, yeah. Love you too." Kris chuckled, patting Tao's back softly. "Even though you attack me with snow when I don't expect it."

Tao just grinned in reply, taking Kris' hand and leading him back onto the sidewalk that they'd been walking on previously. For a while, they just walked in silence, exactly how Yifan had evisioned it in the first place. After a few minutes, however, Tao spied another crunchy looking leaf and left Kris' side, consumed by the urge to smash the leaf.

Oh well. Peaceful walks were boring anyways.

 


 

Day 2 complete!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it :)

-MyNameIsCarla