Day 11: Christmas Surprise

The Twelve Days of EXO

“Yixing! Yixing, calm down.”

“How am I supposed to calm down? There’s so much we still need to do!”

“Yixing! Yixing!” Catching the man by his shoulders, Suho stared straight into his husband’s eyes. “Calm down. The turkey is in the oven. The side dishes are done. The house is spotless, and all the presents are waiting under the tree. Just sit and relax for a little bit until they get here.”

Conceding to the older man’s request, Yixing sat down at the table where a cup of tea had been prepared for him. He took only a single sip.

Ding Dong~

Immediately, Yixing was out of the chair and at the door. Suho sighed, but let him go. He wouldn’t have been able to stop him anyway, so why even try?

The first of the guests to arrive were Kyungsoo and Kai with their baby boy Minseok. About a year and a half, Minseok was bundled three layers of clothes and toddling beside dad. “Yixing, it’s so good to see you!” Kyungsoo greeted hugging his friend. Suho came around and hugged the couple as well. “Suho, you need to come and visit more often. I’m beginning to think you don’t like us.”

“I could never hate you guys,” Suho laughed it off as he hugged Kai. “Work just has me busy all the time, and whatever time I do have I give to Xing-ah, because well why wouldn’t I? You’ve seen my husband.”

The couple laughed and Kai slapped him on the back. “That’s what I’d do,” Kai agreed.

“Come in. Dinner will be ready in about an hour,” Yixing bade them to the sitting room. “Once everyone is here, we can start playing games. Does that sound like fun Minseokie?”

“Mmhm.”

About ten minutes later, Suho’s family arrived at the home. Hugs went around and Suho’s mom even went around and handed out sweets already. Kyungsoo was beginning to have a hard time keeping an eye on Minseok.

“Game time! Game time!” Minseok cried racing over to Yixing. Holding up a puzzle, Minseok looked at him expectantly. “Please Auntie Xing!”

Yixing smiled. “Alright, let’s put the puzzle together. Do we have anyone apposed?” he called. The others shook their head. Kyungsoo came over to help Minseok up onto his chair at the table. Mama Kim came over to play as well.

“Do you mind if I play, too?” she asked. Minseok nodded, smiling happily as he opened the box.

Suho sat on the couch with Kai and his father smiling proudly at the scene. Kai nudged him, “You’ll make a great dad someday, you and Xing. Why haven’t you two decided to have kids yet?”

Suho just shook his head, watching as Yixing handed a piece to Minseok. “I think Xing-ah has been waiting for me to breach the subject before anything.”

Kai nodded turning to watch the scene. “With the way he treats our Minnie, he’d make a great father, and with the way you look at us, I think you should talk to him about it. Next year, Minnie might have a play pal,” Kai nudged him.

“We’ll see,” Suho ended the conversation.

Dinner was served up and the seven of them gathered around the table. Yixing looked back and forth between everyone, waiting for the right time. Plates were soon cleared off the table and dessert was served to all those with enough of a stomach to eat still. You can never go wrong (when in the presence of a child) with chocolate pie and carrot cake. Once every dug in, and a pitcher of coffee went around, Yixing finally felt it was time.

Standing up, he addressed everyone at the table. “Before we start with presents, I have an announcement to make.”

Kai instantly gave Suho a look as if to ask, “What’s he going to say?” Suho could only shrug. What was he going to say?

  “Now, this is news for everyone. I found out a few days ago…” Pausing (for dramatic effect or to find the words, I don’t know) he finally said, “I’m three weeks pregnant.”

Suho’s mind went numb. Pregnant? He’s pregnant? Didn’t I wear a last night? How could he be pregnant? Oh. My. God. I’m going to be a daddy. There’s going to be a little baby running around here in less than nine months.

I’m going to be a father with Yixing. This is a dream come true.

Finally registering, Suho jumped up and pulled him in for a kiss, spinning him around as he did so. “We’re going to be parents, Xing-ah! You’ve just made me the happiest man alive!”

“Congratulations you two,” Kyungsoo called standing to pat them on the back. He would’ve hugged them had Suho actually let go of his husband. From the looks of it, that didn’t appear to happen anytime soon.

Suho’s father stood up, mouth partially full of carrot cake. “I have faith that my grandchild is good hands. You two will be great parents when the little one comes. By the way, Hansol is a great name.”

Yixing mentally checked Hansol off the list of names in his head.

The rest of the night passed by fairly quickly. Presents were passed around and opened. (Suho and Yixing received a scarf long enough to share. Kyungsoo made a joke about them being stuck together forever thanks to the scarf. No one laughed. It wasn’t that funny. Kyungsoo then quietly threatened everyone for the rest of the night, except Yixing since he’s not cruel. Anyway…)

The night came and everyone wished the pair a “Merry Christmas” and went home. With the guests gone, and the resulting mess cleaned up, the couple curled up on the couch with a cup of tea in front of the fireplace. Suho could not take his hands off of Yixing; he was so happy.

“Thank you Yixing. You and our little one are the only people I need for Christmas,” Suho admitted only hugging Yixing harder. “I love you so much. I can’t ask for more.”

“I love you, too. Merry Christmas Suho. Merry Christmas little one.”


Merry Christmas Eve everyone~ Day 11 complete~ I hope you enjoyed. The final day is tomorrow and it's Christmas Day. Have fun with your friends and family, eat a lot, play a lot, and recieve a lot of presents. I hope you had a good day and an even better day tomorrow. Once again, Merry Christmas!

~MidnightMusic96