Let's Dance Part 1

When Highschool Drama lives up to its name (Hiatus)

Wooyoung slid his books on the top shelf and dropped his bag in his locker before slamming it shut. Phys. Ed had been his last class, so he was still in clothes that he'd be comfortable dancing in. Glancing up at the huge clock on the wall, he made his way through the vacant halls where most students had already taken advantage of the final school bell and had left as they could.

He finally found the classroom, the correct room apparent from the music that seeped through the closed door. It was one of the bigger classrooms. The chairs and desks were pushed back towards the walls, allowing for the wide free space to become the dance floor. The members were spaced by the desks and chairs, sitting on or leaning against as they watched the girl freestyling in the middle.

"You're late."

Hyoyeon turned to the door at the sudden comment, and Wooyoung reluctantly looked over at the speaker. Junho was as sweet as ever. "I got lost," Wooyoung replied tartly.

"It's been a week, you can't use that excuse anymore."

"Chill Junho," Jay commented from his seat on the teacher's desk.

“Nice shorts. You play?” Chansung asked with a nod.

Wooyoung briefly looked down at his black and red basketball shorts. “Yeah.”

“I think the tryouts will be coming soon. Planning to join the team?” Nichkhun asked.

Wooyoung didn’t miss the dark look that briefly crossed Junho’s face and he grinned sheepishly. “Yeah.” Wooyoung repeated.

"Anyway.” Jay put in. “Ready to go?"

Wooyoung nodded. Jay hopped off the desk, and the other members moved to the middle of the classroom, save Junho, who decided to stay where he was, leaning against the wall. Jay nodded, and Junho hit the play button. Wooyoung watched the group dance to a heavy remixed baseline, Tpain's rapping clear as they followed the choreography. They had decided to go all out through transitions and slight changes in the moves between subgroups.

"So that's what it's supposed to look like. We'll keep it simple for starters," Jay told him.

"Naw, I think I can keep up. Just teach me what I have to know for the actual routine."

Jay cocked an eyebrow at him and Wooyoung saw the other members smirk. He wasn't cocky, he was merely sure of himself. The moves just now weren't too hard, most he had incorporated in other routines before.

"Alright, so first off..."

Kwon joined Junho by the wall, pulling out his phone and tapping the touch screen. Wooyoung moved to Jay's side and watched him explain the movements as the other members were polite and slowly followed along.

A good half an hour later Wooyoung was dancing smoothly with the group, Tpain's Church blasting through the speakers.

"Awesome. You could probably do this by yourself!" Sooyoung exclaimed in admiration.

"We should let him then," Junho stated, his hand already poised over the play button.

"Fine," Wooyoung replied, locking eyes with the dance captain.

The other members noticed the interaction and exchanged quick glances, before moving and leaving the dance floor to their new member. Wooyoung took a casual stance, nothing similar to a dancer ready to go, and gave Junho a confident smirk.

"Whenever you're ready."

Junho answered by pressing the button and crossing his arms over his chest. Instead of waiting for the chorus of the song where the routine started, Wooyoung freestyled to the beginning, earning hoots from the other members. He relaxed a few beats before his cue, and easily slipped into the choreography.

"You catch on fast, and that was really good," Nichkhun commented when Wooyoung finished, clapping with the other members.

"Still have complaints Junho?" Chansung asked, nudging his friend as the others quieted, waiting for his answer.

"Well, we fixed the number problem. Now that you're dancing with us, we have just enough members to compete." Junho replied coolly.

Wooyoung bit back a retort, his jaw clenched in annoyance. "I haven't seen you dance yet, oh mighty captain," he ventured, stepping back and doing a sweeping motion with his hand, inviting the younger boy to the make shift dance floor.

Junho raised his eyebrows while the other boys chuckled.

"Junho, I think you're being challenged," Sooyoung commented playfully.

"I can see that," Junho replied, his eyes still on Wooyoung.

"I don't see a problem here Junho. Just show him what you got," Hyoyeon put in, a smile on her lips.

Junho turned to the female members of his team before pulling himself from the wall. "Give me a good song Chansung."

Chansung tapped the next button before he stopped, looking back up with a grin. Chris Brown's voice came through the speaker and Junho gave the other boy a look before slowly shaking his head as he relaxed his body. What came next was although unexpected, Wooyoung still found slightly surprising. Junho danced like he was following a routine, yet the moves were intricate enough for Wooyoung to pick out that it was merely the captain freestyling to the beat.

As much as he hated to admit it, Junho was good.

"Show off," Jay commented with a smirk as the song finished.

"You guys all got to dance, I thought I'd just release all the moves I had to hold back on for the last hour," Junho replied as he pulled out a chair and sat down.

"You did great, as usual," Hyoyeon beamed.

"Now that we got our team all set, we can get to the real practices," Kwon stated, grabbing his bag. "We’re done for the day though right?"

"Yeah," Junho replied.

"Great. Sorry, have to go. I'll see you guys later," Kwon said before he disappeared from the room.

"Gain I bet," Chansung commented with a laugh, the others following suit.

"Only Gain could make Kwon that fidgety," Nichkhun added with a grin.

"But he got out of clean up. So not fair," Sooyoung stated as she started pushing a table back to its original place.

The others grumbled in agreement as they realized that the end of practice meant that they would have to rearrange all the desks and chairs. Assignments and projects, the elaboration of homework started appearing as they thought up legit reasons to skip the chore.

"Stop complaining already," Jay finally said. "If you need to go, then go home and get whatever you need done, done."

"I really haven't exactly studied for that test on monday..."

"Seriously, just go already," Jay interrupted Chansung with a chuckle.

"You've got work," Junho stated before zeroing in on Wooyoung standing on the opposite side of the room. "Besides, we have a new member."

Wooyoung shot him a glare as a smirk formed on Junho's lips. "Yeah, I can do it," he simply replied.

"What, we can't let you to do it all by yourself." Sooyoung said as she turned to Junho and shot him a look. Hyoyeon bit her bottom lip as Nichkhun and Chansung stayed quiet. Jay looked like he was debating a thought before he finally spoke up.

"Junho what do you think?"

"I think you should all go home,” he stated with a smile.

"Alright. You heard the man. Go home people."

"Seriously? Jay..."

"Let’s go." Jay cut in as he lightly shoved Chansung forward.

They said their goodbyes as Chansung pouted, before complying with Jay and grabbing his bag as he went. Hyoyeon sent Junho one last glance before she and Sooyoung left, and Nichkhun followed the quad out the door.

"What, you’re not going to reap the benefits of making the new guy do all the work?”

Junho scoffed at Wooyoung’s comment. “If you decide to bail, we’d lose the room for practice.”

Junho pushed a desk to the middle of the room and grabbed a chair, swinging it in place behind the table. He continued on with the task, not bothering to look up at Wooyoung as the latter followed suit

Not fifteen minutes later the pair finished up, staring at their completed work. Junho remained silent as he grabbed for his bag and headed to the door. Before he could get there, the door opened, and Taeyeon appeared in front of him.

"Ran into Jay and the others a while back. They said you guys were cleaning up..."

Junho nodded. "Yeah, we're done." He paused. "What's with that look?"

Taeyeon shook her head. "Nothing. Oh hey Wooyoung."

At the mention of the name, Junho brushed past her and walked out into the hallway to find Tiffany waiting nearby.

"What's with that look? Taeyeon was giving me a weird face too."

Tiffany shook her head. "Nothing. We were just a little worried since it was you two stuck in a room together. I mean, you guys don't exactly get along..."

"And you thought we'd get into a fight?"

She shrugged. "We weren't really sure... Although there was a possibility." A smile snuck onto her lips and Junho chuckled.

"Yeah, whatever. I have more self-control than that, thanks for the confidence Fany," he replied with a hint of sarcasm.


Yes, I ended it there, only cause I don't think everything I want to write will fit into one neat chapter (and cause I was getting lazy).