No Chance

When Highschool Drama lives up to its name (Hiatus)

Junho grumbled at his lunch. He'd been in a hurry, and had had no time to properly make himself anything good to eat, and had settled with last night's left overs. And it didn't help that he'd come in late, relieved that Taeyeon had saved him a seat at the cafeteria and then annoyed that Wooyoung was the one sitting on her other side. Couldn't that kid get a life, away from him and his friends?

"Junsu!"

Junho looked up as Tiffany waved to the approaching pair. Junsu was heading there way, followed by a girl Junho thought he recognized from one of his classes.

"Hey guys! I hope you don't mind that I brought someone along..." Junsu trailed off as he motioned at the girl behind him shyly.

"Junsu! What kind of introduction is that?" Tiffany stated, giving him a disapproving look.

"Yah, don't mind Junsu. He's our weird singer," Taec added, shooting the girl a smile.

"He's a great singer," she corrected him, producing some eyebrow raising from the guys and giggles from the girls.

Taec's smile dropped, looking a little embarrased. "Oh. Uh... He's cool."

"Seohyun! Hey. I didn't know you sang," Chansung put in with a smile.

Junsu nodded. "She's got a gorgeous voice."

"Yah Junsu, are you blushing?" Junho asked jokingly.

Junsu wasn't blushing before, but now he was.

"Excuse Junsu. He still isn't used to being so close to so many girls," Sooyoung said with a smile as she approached the girl. "Seohyun, who haven't you met yet? You know Chan and Junho right? They're our grade, and I think you know the girls." Seohyun nodded. "Okay, so that's Taec, Jay, JoKwon and Khun." She pointed out each boy as she named them. "Oh, and Wooyoung. He's new here."

Wooyoung smiled and Seohyun nodded in his direction.

Sooyoung started asking Seohyun about how she met Junsu, and other things Junho was sure, but he had already tuned out, their conversation drifting and mingling with the background noise. He could not however, tune out Taeyeon and Wooyoung's conversation, as they were conversing right beside him.

"Wooyoung, what did you think of our practice?"

"You guys were awesome. You were especially good."

Junho gagged.

"Thanks! I try, but honestly, I'm not that good. Yoona and Yuri are the ones who pick up the choreography the fastest, but at least I'm not as bad as Fany."

"Hey, did I just hear my name?"

Junho looked up to see Tiffany shifting conversations, joining Taeyeon and Wooyoung instead.

"I was just telling Wooyoung how fast you pick up choreography."

"Thanks Tae. Did she tell you that time during practice she bumped into Seulong, and he almost dropped Sunny?"

"Seulong?"

"He's the tallest guy in the squad. Hm. I don't think he's here right now..."

"Anyways. So Wooyoung. One week in. How are you coping?"

"Thanks for changing the topic Taeyeon. And you were just so happy talking about how I'm no good with dancing."

"Well I dunno. I honestly wouldn't have noticed, you guys were just that good."

Junho looked up in time to see the flushed faces of both Taeyeon and Tiffany, and rolled his eyes.

"Hey Wooyoung, did you finish your chemistry homework?"

"The sheet you drew a sad face on?"

Tiffany's laugh. "Yes that one."

"Nope, I forgot. Your sad face distracted me."

"Hey~"

"Fany, have you played X.O.X with him yet? It'll make you feel better, trust me. He's not that good."

"What? I was just going easy on you Taeyeon. Math class. After lunch. You're going down."

"Really? I accept your challenge Mr. Jang."

"You're gonna regret it~"

Junho groaned, he really needed to stop eavedropping. It wasn't even an interesting conversation. Someone pulled up a chair by his side and he turned to see Hyoyeon smiling gently at him.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"What's up?"

Junho shrugged. "Nothing, you?"

She shook her head. "You feeling okay?"

Junho raised his eyebrows. "Since when was I not feeling okay?"

It was Hyoyeon's turn to shrug. "You seem kinda moody lately."

Junho forced a smile. "Naw, it's nothing. Just not getting enough sleep, that's all."

"You sure? You don't seem talkative at all."

Junho put extra effort in his smile. "I'm sure."

"If-- "

"Taeyeon! Hyoyeon!"

Junho and Hyoyeon both looked up at the sound of Sooyoung's voice. "Seohyun's planning on taking accounting next year. You guys are taking it right?"

Hyoyeon flashed Junho a quick smile as she moved to join Sooyoung, and Taeyeon left her conversation with Tiffany and Wooyoung.

"Hey Junho, how's the performance team doing? Is Wooyoung as good as they say he is?"

Junho looked up to see Tiffany smiling, waiting for him to answer.

Why do people keep asking him that? It's not like he wanted to be the stupid captain of the team. Junho took a breath, recalling what Hyoyeon had mentioned earlier. He hadn't realized he'd been so obviously quiet.

"Friday. He just has to keep up with choreography, and then we'll see. But that won't be a problem right Wooyoung?"

Wooyoung smirked, catching the hint of challenge in Junho's statement. "No problem at all."

"Anyway Fany," Junho continued, trying to keep the conversation going. "How are classes so far? What are you taking?"

"Hm. Biology, English, Music and..."

"Chemistry!" Wooyoung interrupted her with a chuckle. "We just talked about this. How could you forget?"

"Hey. I'm not the one who didn't finish the single sheet of chem homework we got. It was simple nomenclature too..."

Junho tuned out, letting them chat. He got up, leaving his bag in intention of coming back later. He needed to walk. Leaving the cafeteria and exiting the school, he took a deep breath of fresh air. It was nice, paired with the silence and the lack of constant chatter than had been going on in the caf.

Junho lost himself in his thoughts, and didn't come out of them until someone called his name.

"Junho."

Junho looked over to see Taeyeon now standing in front of him. He hadn't heard the door opening, let alone her approaching him.

"Junho, you okay?"

He shrugged, not bothering to say anything. They both knew something was bothering him, and he saw no point in argueing otherwise.

"It's your mom isn't it. And your dad."

Junho finally looker over at her, the plea in her eyes almost the sole reason he started talking.

"Junho talk to me."

He gave in. "He won't stop bothering her. Ever since he got out of prison. He keeps 'accidentally' running into her at work, and at the cafe. I told her to ignore him, but I think she's slowly giving in."

"Your mom wouldn't..."

"She would. Especially since she's worried that if something happened to her, I'd be alone."

"But Junho..."

"Nothing going's to happen to her," Junho interrupted her firmly. "But according to her, better one bad parent that none. But I'm not going to forgive him, I can't forgive him. Not after what he did. He should have stayed in prison to rot. But she's not listening to me. She's been crying... Stressing, and crying. It's just making her condition worse... Mom won't..." Junho's voice broke and he cut himself off. "Taeyeon, why are you crying?"

Taeyeon eyes brimmed with tears as she tried to keep them from rolling down her cheeks. "Junho. Why didn't you tell me sooner?" she breathed out. Catching him completely off guard, Taeyeon took a step and hugged him, burying her face into his chest.

"Hey. Taeyeon. You're not the one who's supposed to be crying here." Junho's voice had evened out, and his mood had lifted just a little because of her actions.

"I'm not crying," she mumbled into his shirt, but she didn't let go.

The whole time Taeyeon had grabbed onto him, Junho hadn't reacted, letting Taeyeon do all the hugging. But slowly, his arms encircled her shoulders and he relaxed, letting her body heat seep into his, letting her do the crying for him. He should have told her before. He was never good with sharing his feelings, and always opted for staying quiet and bottling everything up. He had forgot how good it felt to have someone else care too.

~~~

"What? Naming molecules is easy. No need to do the homework." Wooyoung joked.

"Really? That's why you didn't know the term for seven during the in-class assignment?" Tiffany smirked at him.

"Configuration is more my thing, cause I can practice it even when I don't mean to."

"Do you mean all those doodles on our sheets?"

Wooyoung nodded and she laughed.

"Well next time, keep it to your sheets."

"What, you don't like my doodles?"

She smiled, and Wooyoung couldn't help thinking it again. So pretty. The female population in this school sure was pretty.

"Not when your doodles consist of molecular configurations."

"Psh, fine then. Next time, I'll draw you a sad face then you won't be able to do your homework."

Tiffany covered with her hand as she laughed, and Wooyoung grinned at her reaction. Excusing himself to use the washroom, he got up and walked around, slowly making his way through the halls. The problem wasn't finding a washroom exactly, but finding his way back. He still hadn't gotten used to the new school yet, it was stlil somewhat of a maze when he didn't have Taeyeon or Tiffany leading the way.

And just as he'd predicted, he's taken a wrong turn on the way back to the cafeteria and wound up by one of the school exits. As he walked by, something caught his eye and he paused at the door.

Junho and Taeyeon were in an embrace. Wooyoung could only see the side of Junho's face, and Taeyeon's was hidden by Junho's shoulder. Junho was staring staright ahead, and Wooyoung could tell that neither of them were talking, seeming to be enjoying each others presence instead.

Wooyoung felt like he was spying, and he unwillingly pulled himself away and headed down another hallway in efforts to get back to the cafeteria.

They looked like an item, despite both of them denying any rumors that went their way, he thought to himself. Taeyeon had told him that Junho wasn't her boyfriend, and Wooyoung didn't think she'd lie to him. Whether she actually wanted him as a boyfriend, or vice versa, was another story.

He was disappointed. Not cause Taeyeon was taken. But because she was with him.  He'd only met the both of them about a week ago, but he knew Junho didn't deserve a sweet girl like her. There was just something playfully innocent about her, and she deserved so much better.

Looking around at every turn, he finally spied the cafeteria doors and headed straight for them. As he walked back, he thought he felt something uncomfortable in the pit of his stomach. It was probably something he ate.


So finally all the girls have been introduced. No more introductions. (Okay, maybe little ones for 2am)

Thanks for reading!