Charades

When Highschool Drama lives up to its name (Hiatus)

“What does the winning team get?” Hyoyeon asked as they all sat down on the carpet, the teams separated to both sides of the room.

“If we win, you guys have to do the leg flick dance,” Taecyeon replied, a mischievous smile on his lips.

“You mean Genie? By SNSD?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yup.” Taecyeon grinned at them before turning to the other guys for support. They laughed but otherwise didn’t argue his decision. “There’s 7 of you, which is almost enough. You guys aren’t as hot, but you’ll do.”

Yuri, who sat nearest the couch, grabbed a pillow and threw it at him as Taecyeon shielded himself with his arms.

“Fine. If we win, you guys have to do the dance,” Tiffany retorted with a smile.

The pairs of eyes on the male side widened at the suggestion. “I don’t know that dance.” Wooyoung pointed out.

“Neither do the rest of us,” Junho replied tartly.

“What a coincidence,” Sooyoung spoke up cheerfully. “You guys are a dance team, we’ll let you look at the video a few times before you perform, not that you haven’t seen it enough times.”

“I’m not on the dance team,” Taecyeon interrupted.

“But you already know the dance,” Yoona said, enlisting surprised looks around the group. “You can teach the rest of them.”

Taecyeon went red as laughter filled the room, and some of the boys shoved the tallest in mock disgust.

-

“A bird!”
“A humming bird!”
“Taec, why are you shaking your ?!”

The girls dissolved into fits of laughter as they watched Taecyeon act for his team, his elbows crammed to his sides as he flit his hands up and down.

“What now?”
“A circle!”
“A ball!”
“Why are you pointing up?”
“Buzz Lightyear?”
“Times up!”

Tiffany’s voice rang loud and clear as she interrupted the guys’ team, bringing a chorus of groans followed by some cheers from the girls.

“Taec, what was it?” Chansung asked.

“Honeymoon!”

“How the hell was that in any way a honeymoon?” Jay put in, shooting Taecyeon an incredulous look.

“This is a bee, you know, like honey!” Taecyeon replied, repeating his actions from before as he shook his behind and crammed his hands by his sides. “And that’s the moon!” He repeated the circular motions with his hands before pointing upwards towards the ceiling.

“Who guessed Buzz Lightyear?” Sooyoung managed to ask between fits of giggles.

“You got to be kidding me,” Junho commented with a groan as the girls doubled their laughter and the rest of the guys continued their complaints towards the poor acting of their tallest member. They were so loud that no one heard the newcomer until he had already finished going down the stairs and was staring oddly at the hysterical group.

“Khun!”

Heads turned and Yoona was the first to stride over as Nichkhun opened his arms so that they could hug. Before Nichkhun could ask what was going on, he stared oddly at his girlfriend who had leaned back as if to get a better look at him, a sly smile on her face.

“What... What’s going on?”

“Khun’s doing it too,” Jay announced as there were fierce agreements from the group.

“Doing what?” Nichkhun repeated, completely confused as he glanced between his friends and Yoona who was in front of him.

“I vote Khun to be our representative,” Taecyeon spoke up with a huge grin.

There were agreements from the boys and complaints from the girls as Nichkhun stayed as confused as ever. “What am I representing?” Nichkhun asked Yoona before they rejoined their friends.

She gave him a teasing look and let go of his waist, walking over to the girls’ side as he complied and walked over to boys where he had noted the division.

“You guys all have to do it,” Sooyoung stated firmly with a tiny smile. Behind her the rest of her team nodded as she continued, “you may or may not include Khun, but seeing as he’s part of the Dance Team I think it goes that he just should.”

Everyone seemed to agree with the last part as Nichkhun blinked and looked at his friends suspiciously.

“Khunnie, what do you think about the Genie dance?” Yoona asked him amusingly.

It slowly dawned on him and the group watched his slow reaction as he scowled at the guys. “What did you guys lose…?” They smirked at him, happy that he was joining their demise.

“No, you are not filming this!” Jay barked as they positioned themselves in the middle of the room.

It had taken quite a bit more of convincing followed by some quick music video dance lessons for the guys to set up, and they were now standing, albeit grumpily, in a line facing the girls. Somehow, someway, despite Taecyeon knowing the dance and practically teaching it to the rest of the guys, they had positioned Wooyoung and Junho in the middle of their line while the others stood a few steps back. Their excuse was to make a V-shaped line, not that the two in the front were any happy about it.

There was something in the way the duo danced. Despite being the best dancers in the group, both Junho and Wooyoung carried an awkward air as they moved to the music, and Taeyeon couldn’t keep herself from clutching her stomach as her body shook with laughter. She knew she wasn’t the only one, and from the corner of her eye most of the girls had covered their mouths from how hard they were laughing, and she could feel Tiffany’s hand on her back as her friend laughed along with the group.

-

“Well that was embarrassing.”

The party had died down, slow music playing in the background as individuals sat scattered in the basement. The snacks were spread across the room for the occasional munches as little group conversations took place between friends.

Taeyeon sat across Wooyoung, the former lying lengthwise on the couch as the latter sat on the carpet floor, leaning back on his outstretched arms.

“It was funny,” Taeyeon said with a grin.

“For you.”

Taeyeon replied with small giggle as she folded her hands across her stomach. “You can’t tell me it wasn’t fun.”

“It wasn’t,” Wooyoung replied, but the playfulness in his tone said otherwise, and Taeyeon laughed again.

“So, are you enjoying the party so far?” Taeyeon asked, easily changing the subject.

“Yeah, tonight was fun.”

Taeyeon hummed a reply. “It’s kinda dieing down now, but I think it’s cause everyone’s tired.”

There was a short silence as music filled the gaps in their conversation before Wooyoung turned away and commented, “So do you think Chansung’s finally making a move?”

“What?” Taeyeon asked in surprise, startled by the sudden switch in topic.

“You know, with Sooyoung.”

Taeyeon openly blinked, unable to hide her slight shock. “How did you know?”

Wooyoung shrugged. “Just from the way they act around each other.”

“Well, I guess…” Taeyeon stuttered. She made a face as she continued, “I mean, yeah. I think they both like each other to some extent, but Sooyoung seems to be holding onto something. I’m not sure, cause at one point Tiffany mentioned something about her maybe liking one of the first years…” Taeyeon pursed her lips in thought. “Minho? Or was it Key? I dunno, Tiffany knows about this stuff more than I do and—”

Taeyeon abruptly stopped, turning to eye Wooyoung in slight shock. “What?” Wooyoung asked in reply to Taeyeon’s absence of words.

“You did not hear me say that.” Wooyoung chuckled, shaking his head as Taeyeon continued, “I’m serious! Pretend you didn’t hear anything!”

Wooyoung laughed and Taeyeon closed her eyes and brought up her hand to smack her forehead with her palm.

“Hey hey, don’t do that. You’ll leave a mark, what will your mother think of me?”

Taeyeon peered under her hand to find Junho moving to the end of the couch, and she reflexively pulled up her legs so that he could sit beside her.

“She will finally see through all that fake charm—”

“It is not fake,” Junho interrupted, leaning against her bent knees to eye her with a smile. “But seriously, we wouldn’t want to ruin that pretty face of yours, would we. I’ll get in serious trouble,” he added.

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes, but she couldn’t help the smile that found her lips. “Where’ve you been?” she asked.

“Chatting with Hyoyeon. We left Soo and Chan alone to see what would happen.”

Taeyeon smirked, matching Junho’s expression. He was casually leaning against her knees, but he had closed his eyes, pretending to sleep. Taeyeon turned her head, suddenly remembering that she had ignored Wooyoung, only to find him gone. She looked around, to find that he had moved off to chat with Tiffany and Hyoyeon.

There was something bugging her about that situation, and she quickly assumed it as Wooyoung ratting her out to Tiffany about Sooyoung. She really hoped that wasn’t the case, but then what else could it be?

* * * * *

I do apologize for the filler type stuff. Things are moving kinda slow, but I feel that if I rush it, it would seem fake to me. Cause in all honestly, in real life people move kinda slow LOL

Thank you for reading/subscribing/commenting - the comments especially are wonderful =D