Remembering Names

When Highschool Drama lives up to its name (Hiatus)

Wooyoung ate lunch the next day with Taeyeon and Tiffany, and various other friends from the cheerleading and dancing team. He was irratatingly tapping the table, deep in thought ever since he found out that that guy he met from before was the dance team's captain. Wooyoung didn't want to see him again, but dancing was a part of his life. It was part of the reason he transferred to this school in the first place, they were known for their extacurriculars, especially dancing.

"Wooyoung, you ok?" Tiffany was pointing at Wooyoung's fingers, still drumming the table.

"Yeah. Just thinking," Wooyoung replied, stopping his hand and letting it rest quietly on the table.

"I hope it's not about yesterday. Junho's just short tempered sometimes," Taeyeon told him reassuringly.

Tiffany nodded. "Besides, how can you be so down when you're around so many cool people?" she added with a sparkle in her eye, grinning as she gestured to the table full of people that Wooyoung just met. They were chatting amongst themselves as they ate lunch.

Wooyoung couldn't help thinking how pretty she looked when she smiled. He quickly averted his eyes before a blush could creep on his cheeks. Stupid, he thought to himself. Just yesterday you were thinking the same thing about Taeyeon. Why did they both have to be in the same class, and best friends of all things?

"So Wooyoung, you're definitely joining our dance team right?" the guy who's name Wooyoung forgot interrupted him. JoKwon?

He nodded slowly. "Yeah, I think so."

"Not think so. Know so. You are defintely joining," The boy JoKwon commented confidently with a smirk.  

Chansung nodded with a mouth full of food. Wooyoung remembered his name. He had been amazed about how big Chansung's appetite was when he first met him, and the name stuck.

"Auditions are over, but I'm sure Junho will make an exception." Nichkhun added, giving him a quick wink. Wooyoung blinked. He had been warned about the winking, but it had still caught him off guard. And Wooyoung remembered his name too. He just couldn't forget it, even if he wanted to.

"Dancin' again? Yo Wooyoung, do you sing?" another boy asked. Wooyoung definitely couldn't remember this guy's name.

"Junsu! You're always asking people that question," Tiffany responded playfully.

"But you guys all dance. I had to drag you to the practice rooms last time to convince you that you had a good voice."

"He's got a point," Taeyeon told her best friend with a smile.

"You do too Taeyeon! And that's why you both should stop with all that dancing stuff and do singing full time!"

"Did I hear someone mention replacing dancing with singing?"

A new group of people were approaching their table, but they were obviously friends, as Wooyoung noticed members from their table moving over to make room while others called out hellos. The person who spoke was a short muscular male, the closest to the table. There were several girls, and two guys walking with him. Wooyoung immediately recognized one of them, the dance captain from before. Their eyes met and the other guy froze briefly, before casually looking away and taking a seat on the other side of the table.

The one who spoke took a seat by another girl with dark blonde hair who had hadn't said much, and looked over at Junsu.

"Yah, Junsu. Are you doing it again? How many times do we have to tell you, if you hang with us, no talking about singing."

"Oh common Jay, the other singers aren't as cool as you guys are. Besides, you have a good voice too Jay, you should really consider."

"It's not my fault you have no singing friends. And how many times do I have to tell you Junsu, I barely have enough to dance, let along take time to straining my vocal chords too."

"Aw come on. Jinwoon's not that bad. Plus, the only reason he's not here now is cause he's hanging out with his girlfriend. JoKwon's come to sing with me a few times. Kwonnie tell him."

JoKwon rolled his eyes. "Don't bring me into this."

"Kwonnnnnn."

"Guys! We have a new recruit!" Chansung yelled over to the whole group, interrupting Junsu. "Guys, this is Wooyoung!"

Everyone's heads turned, and Wooyoung found himself silently blaming Chansung for the unnecessary attention. The latter started pointing out the newcomers, and Wooyoung reluctantly snapped to attention.

"Okay so that's Jay." Jay nodded, his hand now resting on the dark blonde's knee.

"That tall one is Taec." Taec flashed him a smile, revealing a row of white teeth.

"Yuri." Yuri smiled, her long black hair falling past her shoulders.

"Yoona." Yoona gave him a small wave from her seat next to Yuri.

"The short one is Sunny." Sunny stuck her tongue out at Chansung and Chansung laughed.

"And that's Junho." Wooyoung's eyes met Junho's again, but this time Junho was polite, and he nodded in Wooyoung's direction.

"Speaking about Junho," JoKwon quietly interrupted. "He wants to join the team!" he called over to Junho.

Jay spoke up, "Oh yeah, you're that dancer kid from the other school. That's awesome. You're definitely in."

"Auditions are over," Junho stated bluntly as he crossed his arms.

"What? No way," replied JoKwon.

"Yeah. Seriously Junho, you can make an exception," Nichkhun added.

"Yeah! We all know he can dance," Chansung said and the girls were nodding in agreement.

From the corner of his eye, Wooyoung saw Taeyeon and Tiffany exchange worried glances. They were the only ones who knew about the little situation between him and Junho. Wooyoung clenched his teeth in annoyance.

Jay opened his mouth to speak. "Junho-- " Junho immediately stood up, cutting the older off. "Where are you going?" Jay asked.

"Going to find Hyoyeon."

"She said she was coming, she just had to finish up an assignment or something-- "

"Yeah, well I'm going to go wait for her. Besides, I need to talk to her," Junho replied sourly, picking up his bag and walking off.

"What's up with him? He's been off lately," Jay commented worryingly.

"He said something about family stuff, but that's all I know," Chansung replied.

Wooyoung saw Taeyeon stiffen, and she proceeded to pull out her phone and flip it open.

"Hey Wooyoung. Don't worry about Junho, I'll talk to him. We have a practice this friday. Sica said you have class with her, Tae and Fany?" Jay asked him.

Sica. Jessica? The dark blonde's name Wooyoung had forgotten.

Taeyeon looked up from her phone and her and Tiffany both nodded. "We'll show him," Taeyeon replied with a smile.

"The dance team usually comes round to watch us practice. Why don't you join them? It'll give you a chance to meet the others that aren't here. And maybe Junho will come round..." Tiffany suggested as Taeyeon pressed her lips together at the last comment. "Of course, unless you don't feel like watching a cheerleading practice..."

"Course not. I'll be there."

Wooyoung was definitely going to be there. He sure wasn't happy about planning to run into Junho again, but if he met the rest of the team, maybe they could convince Junho for him, and he woulnd't have to talk to the jerk himself.  Besides, which guy would not wanna watch cheerleaders practice up close? Especially if those cheerleaders consisted of Taeyeon and Tiffany...