It's quiet in the Library

When Highschool Drama lives up to its name (Hiatus)

Tiffany narrowed her eyes at the funny faces on her sheet, the lined paper supposedly dedicated to her chemistry notes, but was in majority filled with doodles and XOX games. The date had been written down, and a few lines of nomenclature, but other than that the page was pretty much useless.

As she scoured her other sheets to find some useful notes to study from, sounds of quiet laughter reached her ears, and she looked up to see the familiar faces of Sooyoung and Hyoyeon entering the library. Tiffany waved them over as they approached her, and they eagerly took the two seats opposite her.

“How’s your ankle?” Hyoyeon asked.

“It’s getting better.”

“Where’s that cutie you usually tutor in English?”

Tiffany giggled at Sooyoung’s comment as she slowly shook her head. “Minho, or Key?”

Here, Hyoyeon snorted under her breath as Sooyoung narrowed her eyes. “Minho, of course.”

“Minho has volleyball I think? I think Key has a club meeting or something.”

“First years and they’re already so busy,” Sooyoung commented as Hyoyeon suddenly excused herself.

“So what brings you guys to the library?” Tiffany asked as Hyoyeon walked off.

“Studying, of course,” Sooyoung replied as she opened her bag and took out her binders.

Tiffany hummed a response, eyeing Sooyoung in amusement. Sooyoung innocently took out her notebook and pencil case before catching Tiffany’s suspicious stare.

“What?”

Tiffany smiled before she turned her eyes on her own notes, trying to take in the chemistry terms in front of her.

“I heard Wooyoung carried you to the nurse’s office the other day.”

Tiffany looked back up in surprise to find Sooyoung smiling mischievously, and Tiffany immediately blushed.

”Yeah…”

“So, do you like him?”

Tiffany threw her eraser at her as Sooyoung tried to shield herself with her hands.

“What?”

“Always, you,” Tiffany replied with a teasing glare, before a tiny smile found her lips. “How bout you? Why is it that a pretty girl like you is still single?”

Sooyoung snorted, covering with her hand. “Right.”

“I don’t even know why you deny it. There’s a boy on the dance team that’s a potential, unless you count Key….”

Here, Sooyoung threw Tiffany’s eraser back at her and Tiffany grinned.

“I don’t know who you’re talking about.”

“Sure you don’t, even though he’s in half of your classes.”

Sooyoung held her gaze, although Tiffany was sure she was picking up a tint of color in the other girl’s cheeks.

Hyoyeon suddenly appeared, slipping back into her seat.

“Hyoyeon, Fany’s wondering how you’re doing with Junho.”

Tiffany’s widened her eyes at the abrupt change in topic and quickly hid her smile.

Hyoyeon’s suddenly flushed, and her fingers started curling the loose strands of hair behind her ear. “Junho?”

“You know,” Sooyoung commented before Tiffany could respond. “Junho and Taeyeon need to sort things out, they confuse everyone,”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows at the statement. “What do you mean?” she asked for clarification.

“Their relationship was the reason Taeyeon and Taec broke up in the first place wasn’t it?” Sooyoung asked quietly, her face serious. “And it doesn’t help the girls that like Junho, or the guys that like Taeyeon,” she added quickly.

“Those two are just really close.”

“You guys are really close,” Sooyoung corrected, pointing her finger at Tiffany. “Junho and Taeyeon… are on a whole different level of...close.”

“They argue like a married couple,” Hyoyeon pointed out.

“Right?” Sooyoung turned back to her. “Fany, don’t tell me you haven’t noticed.”

Tiffany nodded in agreement. Despite what Taeyeon had always insisted, it was true that the two had undeniable chemistry. Taeyeon always said it was because of how long the two had known each other, but Sooyoung was right about one thing: unlike regular childhood friends, Junho and Taeyeon clicked on a whole different level.

“Makes you think if those two are in total denial,” Sooyoung commented with a shake of her head. She glanced over at Hyoyeon before her expression softened. “Would it make you feel better if I told you Junho was a total idiot?”

Tiffany and Hyoyeon both laughed and Sooyoung grinned.

“Oh Junho, what do we do with you…” Tiffany commented aloud as she leaned her head on her palm. She glanced up to see Hyoyeon shooting her look, and Tiffany furrowed her brows in confusion. Tiffany half turned to see a figure loom into her view as she turned around completely in surprise. “Junho!”

“What’s wrong with me?” he asked casually as he readjusted his bag strap over his shoulder.

“Nothing,” Tiffany replied innocently despite the heat that was making its way up to her cheeks.

Junho raised his eyebrows at her before turning his eyes on Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. Tiffany turned back to see Hyoyeon’s shy and Sooyoung’s sweet smiles and Tiffany suppressed a giggle.

“Nothing,” Sooyoung echoed, maintaining her composure.

Junho rolled his eyes and he sighed. “Shouldn’t you be getting ready for practice?”

This he directed at Tiffany and she turned back around to face him. “Soon. I was just getting some homework done.”

Junho’s gaze fell upon Tiffany’s scattered notes and he smirked. “Right.”

“What?” Tiffany asked unfazed as she blinked at him.

“Nevermind.” Tiffany could hear the sense of defeat in his tone. “I’ll see you guys later.” Junho turned to walk away before he spun back around. “Oh yeah. Can you tell Tae I’m busy today? So I won’t see you guys after practice.”

“Busy with what?” Sooyoung inquired.

Junho looked over as if he was debating the answer before he replied, “Gonna go play ball.”

“With who?” Tiffany asked.

“The guys.”

“Which guys?” she asked.

Junho shrugged. “Chan, Taec, Ong. Those guys.”

“Taec and Seulong are supposed to be at cheerleading practice.”

Junho shrugged again. “Tryouts are coming soon so they wanna practice.”

“Seulong doesn’t even play basketball,” Tiffany pointed out.

“He plays for fun. Besides, we need him for an even number of players.”

“Just the 4 of you?” Hyoyeon asked.

Junho sighed at the question. “Khun and Jay too, okay? Anyway, see you guys later.”

Junho walked off and their eyes trailed after him until he disappeared from view.

“He was studying here the whole time?” Sooyoung asked, her eyes wide.

“I didn’t know,” Tiffany replied. She was also mildly surprised by his appearance.

Hyoyeon made a face. “I saw him earlier and said hi. He was studying in one of those secluded cubicles so I’m pretty sure he didn’t hear us. I think,” she added as an after thought.

“You knew he was there and you didn’t say anything?” Sooyoung accused.

“You guys seemed really engrossed in your conversation,” Hyoyeon replied sheepishly. “I didn’t want to stop the flow of gossip.”

Tiffany snorted under her breath as Sooyoung glared at her friend. “She’s right, it was an interesting conversation,” Tiffany said.

Sooyoung turned back and placed her elbows on the table. “Right. So Wooyoung might have a thing for you, Hyoyeon still has a thing for Junho and he and Taeyeon have a problem they need to fix. Yup, that about sums it all up.”

“You forgot to add that Chansung has a thing for you, and just maybe, you’ve got a thing for him. You should do something about that,” Hyoyeon replied matter-of-factly and Tiffany grinned. Tiffany raised her hand and Hyoyeon high-fived it as Sooyoung ducked her head.

“How bout at Sica’s party this Saturday?” Tiffany suggested.

“Definitely a great time to do something about that thingy between you and him,” Hyoyeon added as Sooyoung’s cheeks went completely red from embarrassment.