The Team

When Highschool Drama lives up to its name (Hiatus)

"We sometimes hang out to critic the cheerleaders during their practice." Sooyoung joked as they entered the gymnasium. There were already several cheerleaders stretching and chatting, and since Wooyoung didn't recognize any of them, he figured they were the younger members of the squad.

"They let you watch?"

"I guess since we have so many ties with them, they don't mind. I mean, Jay and Sica are going steady, and Khun and Yoona have finally reached their first month anniversary. Gosh they're so cute. Could you believe that our winking machine was the shy one? That boy would not make the first move, even after all the hints Yoona was giving him. We all had to intervene and help them out, or Khun anyway. He just needed a little push in the right direction."

"Are you talking about Khun and Yoona? I think it was more than a little push," Hyoyeon added with a laugh. "Not that Khun's dense or anything. But I did not know that boy could be so shy with all his gentlemeness..."

"I know!" Sooyoung chimed in as they both giggled.

As they reached the benches, Chansung and JoKwon were already there and waved them down. Wooyoung had learned that the performance team consisted of seven members. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were the only girls, and the guys consisted of Chansung, JoKwon, Nichkhun, Jay and Junho.

"Hey, there you guys are," JoKwon commented as Wooyoung and the girls took seats nearby.

"You're hanging out with us outside of dance practice, you're practically a member," Chansung told him happily.

"Junho's just being difficult." JoKwon rolled his eyes and shook his head in disapproval. "Don't worry, he'll let you on the team. He has to."

"He didn't seem to happy about it," Wooyoung commented wryly.

"Well, we've down a member, ever since Doojoon moved out of the country. So I'm sure Junho's had that on his mind too," Sooyoung replied pursing her lips. "Althought I dunno why he's being weird. I mean, we all know you can dance, we need another member, so it makes total sense for him to let you join."

"I know Junho can be upfront sometimes with what he feels, but I've never seen him so rude," JoKwon commented.

Wooyoung shrugged. "Maybe he doesn't like me."

"But he doesnt know you. And so far, you seem pretty cool," Hyoyeon told him with a smile.

"Yeah, no worries. If all else fails, we'll nag him until he gives," Sooyoung added with a sly smile.

"Hey, there are the others," Chansung announced with a nod in their direction.

Wooyoung turned around. Jay and Jessica walked in side by side. They weren't holding hands, and when Jessica parted to join the other members of her squad, Jay just smiled and headed to the bleachers. Although they didn't make any direct physical contact, anyone could tell that they were item by the way they looked at each. Nichkhun and Yoona were also nearby, also not holding hands, but Nichkhun touched Yoona's shoulder briefly and they exchanged smiles as she left with Jessica.

"Here come the lesser halves of the couples~" Sooyoung joked in a sing-song voice.

"Lesser halves?" Jay asked as he took a seat.

"Naw, I agree," Nichkhun replied with a laugh.

"Where's Junho?" Jay asked, looking briefly around.

"Dunno. Guess he's running late-- "

"Nope, there he is," Sooyoung interrupted Chansung and gestured back to the entrance of the gym.

Wooyoung saw him. Along with Taeyeon and Tiffany. Despite all the chatter in the gym, he could pick up their loud conversation from the bleachers.

"As co-captain of the squad I thought you'd atleast be ontime if not early Tae," Junho complained.

"Aish Junho. Who are you to talk? You're late all the time," she retorted, narrowing her eyes at him.

"That's cause half the time I'm getting something that you forgot. Like these." He showed her what he was holding in his hands: a pair of speakers and an ipod.

"Aigo Junho. Here, I'll take these off you and you can go join your crew over at the bleachers," Tiffany told him with a smile, lifting the things off Junho's hands.

Junho just shook his head and walked over to where his team was sitting.

"They're cute," Hyoyeon teased before Junho was within hearing range.

"God Junho, just ask her out already. You guys already argue like a damn married couple," Jay commented as Junho approached them.

"Shuddup Jay," Junho said not unkindly as he reached them.

"Anyway Junho. About Wooyoung."

Wooyoung saw Junho look up to finally see him, but Junho's eyes barely stayed on him, moving his gaze instead back to Jay. Even with the brief glance Wooyoung could see the distaste in Junho's expression, which Wooyoung more than willingly shot back.

"Auditions are over."

"So?"

"So he can't join."

"Since when did we have a set date for our auditions? Junho what the hell is with you."

As Junho and Jay argued, the other members stayed silent. Although there was never mention of a co-captain, or vice captain, Wooyoung guessed that Jay had almost as much of a voice as Junho did with the team.

"I told you-- "

"And I'm telling you he can dance, and he wants to dance. Wait, right?" Jay turned to Wooyoung to double check.

Wooyoung nodded as he realized he had never directly asked Junho about joining.

"And so. He's joining."

Wooyoung raised his eyebrows. Was Jay allowed to overrule Junho's decision?

"So we're just going to let a random person join our team without an audition." Wooyoung could hear the aggravation in Junho's voice.

"Damn it Junho. I don't know if you're PMSing or something, but stop being so freakin' stubborn. We need another member cause Joon left, and we all know Wooyoung can dance."

Junho turned to glare at Jay, defeated. "Fine. If he can follow our choreo, then I'll think about it," he replied, turning to focus on the cheerleaders in the gym.

"Told you he'd give in," Sooyoung said with a smile, and Hyoyeon laughed quietly at the remark.

"Anyway Wooyoung. So do you like it here?" she asked.

"Yeah. It's nice," he replied with a nod.

"Glad our miniRain didn't ruin it for you. He can seem like a jerk sometimes," JoKwon put in. If Junho heard him, he pretended not to as he watched the squad practice.

"Junho's really a little softie once you get to know him," Hyoyeon teased.

"More like a big softie," Sooyoung added.

Chansung laughed out loud at the comment. "Softie? Junho what is this. What happened to your manliness," he joked as he leaned forward to nudge him.

Junho turned around to face Chansung who was sitting behind him. "Channie, don't believe everything the girls tell you."

Everyone laughed as Sooyoung changed the topic. "Anyways. So Wooyoung, seen anyone you'd think you'd be interested in?" she asked with a glint in her eye.

"Huh?"

"We are watching a cheerleading practice at the moment," Hyoyeon added with a grin.

"Hey hey. Not all of them are single," Nichkhun warned playfully as the others laughed.

Jay looked over at Wooyoung. "As long as it ain't Sica or Yoona you're good."

"Doesn't Taec have a thing for Yuri?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I honestly didn't think anyone could be as slow as Khun," JoKwon commented.

"Hey!" Nichkhun replied in mock sadness.

"Okay, so not Sica, Yoona or Yuri," Jay said, counting them off on his fingers. "Oh, and Taeyeon," he added giving Junho a smirk. Junho just rolled his eyes.

"Speaking of Taeyeon," Sooyoung spoke up suddenly. "What were you guys doing before I found you?"

This caught the team's attention as they tore there eyes off the practice and onto Wooyoung.

"We were just talking," he responded quickly.

"Really?" Sooyoung inquired slowly.

"Yes."

Jay was chuckling. "No wonder Junho doesn't like you."

Junho shot another glare at Jay as he continued, "So, you've got a thing for Taeyeon?"

"No, we were just killing time," he reassured them, trying to reinforce his innocence, but he could feel his body betraying him. Why the heck was there a warm feeling in his cheeks? He looked down to hide his blush.

"Omo that's cute," JoKwon joked as the girls giggled in agreement.

"I think Taeyeon's gonna have some competition." Chansung commented. "Cause some of the girls over there won't stop stealing glances over here."

Everyone looked over. The practice had ended and Tiffany and Taeyeon were in the middle of a quick discussion before offically ending it. Some of the girls in the back kept looking toward the dance team on the bleachers, giggling and whispering behind their hands.

"There are plenty of guys here, so I don't think it's me." Wooyoung said slowly.

"It's probably you. They're used to us. Besides, the two popular ones got girlfriends so they had to lay off." Chansung replied. "Althought that was a tough one for Khun over here. Before Khun finally asked Yoona out, they were pratically all over him-- "

"They were not," Nichkhun cut in gently.

"No, Chan's right. They were. You and your damn wink Khunnie," JoKwon told him. "It even took some time for Sooyoung and Hyoyeon over here to get used to your angelic face."

"And damnit those winks," Jay added as the others laughed.

Nichkhun tried to hide his smile, but Wooyoung could tell he was failing, as the corners of his lips twitched upwards.

"Well how bout you guys?" Wooyoung asked Chansung and JoKwon.

"Like I said, they're used to us. And Kwon has a girlfriend."

JoKwon turned in protest. "I do not."

"Gain's not going to like that you denied it," Nichkhun told him with a smile.

"And our Channie's got a crush, so he won't be single for long," Junho said with a sly smile.

"What? Since when?" Sooyoung asked in astonishment.

Chansung just shook his head and glared at Junho as the latter chuckled.

"Looks like they're done," Jay spoke up as the cheerleaders started leaving the gymnasium.

Wooyoung and the others got up and said their farewells. He shouldered his bag and headed to Taeyeon and Tiffany to say good-bye when he was approached by some of the girls from before.

"We heard you were the new transfer student. How do you like it here?"

"Wooyoung! Hey, are you on the dance team now?"

"Are you gonna come to all our practices?"

"Um..."

"Hey. Changerooms!" Tiffany told them as she walked over.

They mumbled okays as they turned to leave, and Wooyoung sighed in relief.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, it looked like you needed some saving."

Wooyoung laughed quietly in agreement.

"I see that some of our girls actually plucked up the courage to come talk to you. Most of them have just been talking about you for a some time now. You're quite a popular topic in the changerooms."

"Me? There's nothing interesting about me."

 "Yes you. You have your dance reputation, and you're attractive, so there's plenty interesting about you." She laughed.

Wooyoung hesitated. "I dunno about the attractive part."

"There's an attractive part," Tiffany assured him with a shy smile.

Wooyoung couldn't fight the smile that crept up on his lips as he looked down, wracking his brain for something logical to say. Someone called his name and he looked up. Chansung was waving him over from the other side of the gym, and Wooyoung welcomed the interruption, smiling awkwardly and waving good-bye to Tiffany as he was freed from the embarrassing situation. Apparently he had dropped his phone, and Chansung had been too lazy to walk over to give it back to him. As Chansung left first, Wooyoung turned to find Taeyeon walking over with a smile.

"Hey!"

"Hey Taeyeon."

"You going home?"

Wooyoung nodded.

"Mmk."

"How do you get home?" Wooyoung asked.

"I usually walk with Junho..." She pointed in the general direction, as she slowly nodded her head.

"Oh. Alright. Guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

Taeyeon nodded as Wooyoung waved good-bye and left. As he reached the bus stop, he leaned his head back on his shoulders and stared up at the sky. He hadn't realized how many relationships were going on, or were going to go on, possibly in the near future. And with relationships there was always drama. Wooyoung didn't like drama, but he could already predict that this was going to be an interesting school year.


LoL @the Woofany fans. Calm down! Be a little patient, you'll be happy soon (I hope). Although in the ultimate end, half of the shippers will be disappointed (whether it be wootae or woofany) so I'm gonna apologize in advance lol. 

Thanks for reading (and if you've subscribed or commented - double/triple thank you =])
Pic: Soo and Hyo for gossiping with the guys LoL