One

I need you like breathing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One

SIWON´S POV

It´s been another night without sleeping. Another night, in which I feel angry with myself, too disappointed of love, too empty…and lonely. Why can´t I take you out of my mind yet? I don´t want to feel like this but it´s hard to realize that the person you thought you loved was playing with your feelings. Why can people be like that? I was a fool. I was so wrong. Thanks to that awful experience I don´t have more love expectations in life.

Liar and fake. These words define pretty well what I think of that person now. How could I be so blind? How could I be so stupid? How could I believe everything? How could I believe that you loved me too? How could I think that you were the right person I was searching all my life? Why did you play with me like this? Why? Damn you! You have made my life miserable now. My heart is broken thanks to my inexperience in love. I was happy and calm before I met you. I lived well without romance in my heart. And when I thought I have met the right person for me, you lied to me and made me feel the most stupid person on Earth…

Yeah. I thought I had fallen for her. I had never been interested in romance before. My life was only focused on studying hard. I´ve always been very smart and I enjoyed studying so much. I was happy like that. I never needed anybody in my life to feel complete, only my family and a couple of friends. Strange feelings yeah but I was happy. Sharing the love of my family and nephew was enough for me. Happiness indeed. I can´t deny the fact that my parents always encouraged me to have a girlfriend and to marry but no one had caught my attention to fall in love. I hadn´t met that person who made me feel butterflies in my stomach. That person whose only gaze makes me shake and melt at the same time. That person that with only looking at her you know that she is the right for you, a person destined for you only. That is what I call ‘love signs’. This is the way I think of love.

If I hadn´t met anyone yet was for something. I didn´t want to rush things in my life when it is about love. I was a good son for my parents, a good friend for my friends and a good student during all my school life. It felt so good being loved by my friends and family that to think about the right girl in my life was an important issue to consider seriouly. I never gave up to the idea of loving a girl but I believed firmly that only one person was destined for you in life, only one and that person  would become your other half so I never got interested in dating girls that I didn´t like or love. I was transparent I didn´t want to lie to the girls who asked me to date them. I didn´t want to give them false hopes. I didn´t want to pretend in front of them. After all, I respect women very much; my parents have taught me well.

Of course I am aware of my physical appearance, I know how girls stare at me all the time and ask me for dates but no one has caught my attention that much to date one. I always thought that the right person would be that one who made me feel special, a person who made my heart beat like crazy. If I hadn´t felt that like yet during my life was because that person would appear with the time. If I had to wait for that special person I would willingly do it. I was convinced that the wait would be worthy enough. That´s why I became an inexperienced man when it is about love and romance but I never complained. I always waited for the right person, my other half, my soul mate.

Even when my family is rich and they wanted me to study something related to economy and business, I decided to become a teacher. I was a very good student and I always enjoyed the lessons my teachers gave. I enjoyed discovering new things and investigating. I even gave tutorial classes to my classmates always free because I enjoyed teaching what I knew. From that day I knew I should become a teacher in the future. That was my vocation.

My parents gave me one of their coffee shops they own. I didn´t want it at the beginning but they insisted to take it. They wanted me to be the owner of that coffee shop knowing that I was too young to run it (because they gave it to me before going to College). But I accepted it because I wanted to see them happy. I was able to run a coffee shop by my own. I was very smart and it was a challenge for me, risk that I was willing to take. I never cared about making my own money before this but it would be a good experience to administrate a big place being so young and make it prosperous.  I knew I could do it well.

So with the time, I ended liking and loving that big responsibility. I was on charge of people working for me there. I learnt many things and I gained working experience. I always loved coffee so it was easy to be on charge. Every day I liked more what I did there that I became a worker too. I was the boss but I had no problem to serve people. I wanted to be sure that costumers were being comfortable and pleased with the service and coffee. I liked it so much. Of course I could only work there on weekends because during weekdays I was always studying, preparing myself for my exams and sharing with the family and my lovely nephew.

All my life became a routine from College to the coffee shop. I didn´t complain because my life had it all, well except for love or romance. I was still waiting for ‘that person’. I was sure I would recognize that person the moment I set my eyes on her. If it hadn´t happened yet I was not that desperate. I was also sure that ‘that person’ did exist for me somewhere. I wanted to believe in it.

However the day of my College graduation, something happened that marked my life forever, well that was what I thought.

When a couple of friends went to a bar for celebrating our degree, a mysterious girl approached to me. Even though she was extremely beautiful, I didn´t feel the ‘love signs’: butterflies on my stomach, nervousness, shivering in my body, etc.; all the sensations you feel when you like or fall for a person immediately. However I can´t deny the fact she caught my attention. My friends let me alone with her in order to know each other better. They were smirking when they let me alone with her winking at me at the same time. I knew they were planning something.

Through our talking, I started to like that girl and she seemed to be very interested in me. I could see it in her eyes. She seemed to be a very good and funny girl. She made me laugh a lot with the topics of her conversations. Without realizing, I was feeling really comfortable with her and I was enjoying her company. Her attitude and personality definitely caught my attention. We spent the whole night talking and talking.

When it was too late, my friends told me that it was time to leave with them. I had to go with them because they had drunk a lot and couldn´t drive home. I was on charge of driving because I´m not fond of drinking alcohol. I went there to have fun and celebrate with my friends, after all it was a special occasion, but they know I don´t drink any alcohol. I´m a healthy person in all aspects.

When I was about to leave with them, this girl hold my wrist. I turned to look at her and with a very beautiful smile and begging eyes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter