Amaranthe

Amarante
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris leaned on his chair, his thoughts drowned him. He was suffocated by his own memories. The way she smiled, the way she laughed, the way she moved, he couldn't forget it. The undying flower might not meant for him. 

"Amaranthe"he muttered. "What is Amaranthe means?"asked Sunny.

Could he change it all? Could he come back to his normal life without the sunshine? He would live with his empty heart.

"She will be someone's wife, dammit!" Kris mumbled.  Sunny... She reminded him of his mother, and his father always called her Amaranthe. Kris remembered the way his mother brought happiness in his life. The air felt warm and cozy with her sincere smile. His father was a loving man, they were the parents you always loved. But after the summer has ended, came the autumn and later the winter. He was kidnapped. They promised they would let him go, but they never did what they had promised. When they did, it was too late. His mother already passed away in a car accident. His father followed his mother's path. He didn't have a choice but to work with them, the one who kidnapped him. His life turned into a deep blue sea. But Sunny brought back the warm and cozy air. He couldn't do anything but followed her cheerful voice. Because of her, Kris could feel the spring and summer to his life once more, he could life without depending to anyone. Finally he could breath in the warm air without the salty water around him. He was lifted from the deep sea by her warm smile. But the fact that she wasn't alone, he couldn't do anything but turned his back from the warm and cozy life. In such a short time, he could forget what saddness was because of her. How could he be so dumb?

The postman came today. He brought the invitation to her wedding. DJ Sunny and The Chinese Prince. They finally picked the right time to make him suffered more. For the first time, he wished he could meet Sunny sooner than her boyfriend and soon to be her husband. He wished he could see her in a white dress in front of him. He wished he was the one who stayed with her until death. 

It took a long time until Kris realised that his phone rang. "Kris-ssi? Anyeonghaseo." Her cheerful voice rang in his ear. Suddenly, he could breath, but he couldn't speak. His tongue became numb. 

"The catering was too much for 100 people, so I must invite more people I know, including you. Will you come to my wedding?" Sunny explaned on the phone. He didn't answer, he couldn't answer. Not long after that, he could hear Sunny sighed deeply.

"Mianhae, Kris-ssi. Maybe I shouldn't invite you to my wedding. If you didn't-" 

"I will."Kris finally could speak. He knew very well, it wouldn't end well for him to see her with someone else. But we wished it would end well for her. She deserved to be happy from the start when she first met him.

 

Kris looked at the mirror in front of him as he fixed his tie. His gray tux looked perfectly fitted his body. It was the wedding day. He doomed to suffer in the day when Sunny officially became someone's wife. He looked deeply to his eyes, but only found Sunny, the undying flower. The memories of her played through his mind. The way she smiled, the way she talked, the way she moved, he couldn't forget it. He slowly walked out from his apartment and drove his car to the church as his heart sank deeply in the blue sea where he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter