09

Will You Choose Me?

 

                “Yes,” I blurted out. Well, you know my affections towards him but… why did I blurted it out?

                He smiled the smile I can live with forever. “Since when?”

                I stared at him. Whoa! This guy is one of a kind. He’s not embarrassed asking directly, while I, heat crept to my cheeks, am dying of embarrassment here. “I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I just woke up one day and I knew that I love you.”

                His smile widened. “Well, here goes nothing.”

                I gave him a question look. He suddenly looked serious. And I hate it. I hate when people suddenly get serious in a middle of a conversation. O well, maybe he’s an exemption to the rule.

                “Well, I already told you that I love you. I promise to be a good man to you-” wait. Is he going to ask me- “but I’ll tell you this early, there will time comes that I can’t be with you, because of my position in the basketball team and the league is coming up. But I will try my best… no… I’ll do my best to be with you always. I’m struggling with myself whether to ask you or not. I don’t know if I’ll get rejected or what. But now I knew that you loved me back,” he paused, scratching his nape, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

                That was one heck of speech. I smiled. This guy is unpredictable. Instead of answering him, I pulled him to give him a quick peck on his lips and hugged him. I felt his arms on my back. Those soft hands against the fabric of my clothes.

                I longed for this. I never thought that my ‘fantasies’ will come true. I’m on the verge of crying if he just didn’t break the hug.

                “I’m so happy, Eun Jae,” he said. He kissed me on my forehead.

                “So am I,” I mumbled.

****

                He has a practice so we went on our separate ways. And to my surprise, my two girls texted me ‘CONGRATULATIONS’. I think they knew this beforehand. Geez. I hate surprises. Haha. Well, I still can’t believe what happened today. One day, I just told myself that I have a crush on him and on the next day, o well, not literally, he asked me to be his girlfriend.

                I sat on a bench before going where my two girls are. I leaned back and closed my eyes, remembering what happened last night and a while ago. I felt someone sat beside me.

                I opened my eyes and saw his cousin smiling at me.

                “Congrats,” she said.

                I chuckled. Does everyone know this? “Thank you, unnie.”

                “You’re happy now?”

                “Much more than happy,” I replied. “Why are you here? You should be in the gym, right?” well, if you didn’t know, she’s acting like sub-manager to So Eun.

                “I’m surprised that he’s there on time,” Gyu Ri said, leaning back.

                “On time?”

                She smiled again. “I guessed he hadn’t tell you anything.”

                I pouted. “What is that?”

                “You know those times that he’s walking you home?” I nodded. She continued, “He’s been ditching the last part of the practice just to be with you, as what I’ve heard.”

                Oh. I never thought of that. “Really?”

                “And when the rumor started, you remember when he met you outside the building and I came fetching him?”

                I nodded again.

                “He went out just to see you and coach send me to fetch him,” she said. “I remember he was given a punishment to run 20 laps around the court.”

                I giggled. Sure thing I don’t know anything about that. He’s been doing all those things just to be with me? “I don’t know that.”

                “And the time when you’re in the park with Junhyung, he’s jealous that’s why he walked away.” She laughed. “I never saw him that frustrated before. And what funny is, that’s because of a girl, specifically, you.”

                I smiled. “You can’t have that impression on him. He’s so cool outside. Haha.”

                “That is so true.” She patted my back, “Be happy Eun Jae. Tell me if he does something bad. You can always tell your unnie.”

                ****

                I lay on my bed the moment I finished taking a sponge bath. It’s been a long day. I just can’t stop my self from smiling. And to laugh to my brother’s expression when he heard from Doojoon that we’re in a relationship. His being-over-protective-brother side has come out and he had a talk to Doojoon. I remember him saying things to Doojoon like he’s my dad.

                Haha. I am really happy. Another thing is that my parents just got back from their trip and will be staying for like 2 weeks before their next trip. I couldn’t be this happy in my entire life.

                As I fixed myself to be ready to be in a deep slumber, my phone rang. And it was from my lovely Doojoon.

                “Why are you calling?” I asked.

                I heard him chuckle. “Why? Can’t I call my girlfriend?”

                “Haha. What is it?”

                He breathes. “I want to hear your voice.”

                “Yours, too,” I confess. We never had much time this afternoon.

                “Whoa. I never thought you’ll reply like that.”

                “I’m your girlfriend.”

                “Yeah.”

                “So, why did you call?”

                “Erm. I just want to ask… if we can go out this Saturday. It’s still far but I want us to be free that time.”

                I giggled. Our first date. “Oh. Sure. Gonna wait for that.”

                “Haha. You should sleep now, angel.”

                “Yes. Yes. I will. You should rest, too, prince.” What should I call him? Haha. I can’t think of any. My mind’s in pure bliss.

                “Haha. I love you.”

                “Hmm. You, too. Have a sweet dreams.”

                And then, we hang up. I think I’ll have a good night sleep by this time.

****

Thanks for the comments, guys (and girls)

I really appreciate that. Haha.

Well, I hope you liked my update.

Please tell me what you think.