08

Will You Choose Me?

 

                Oh. My. Gosh. What’s happening? All I know is that Gyu Ri unnie called me to go to the restaurant near the school and I sat in front of Doojoon. And now, he said that he loves me? What the hell is going on?

                “Doojoon, you’re just drunk. Let’s go home,” I said, holding him on his arms.

                He stopped me and motioned me to stay still. He looked at me straight in the eyes. “Geez. Eun Jae. You’re so oblivious. I’m saying I love you but you’re ignoring me. What do you want? Should I go and jump off a cliff to prove that I love you? Hung myself in the Eiffel Tower? Or jump off the Grand Canyon? What?”

                He’s frustrated, I can feel it. “Doojoon…”

                “Eun Jae!” he shouted.

                I was shocked. It’s the first time ever that he shouts at me like that. I looked at him. “Doojoon, stop this. Please. You’re just drunk.”

                He tightened his grip on my arms. “Eun Jae, please, hear me out.”

                I sat back, saying he can say whatever he wants to say.

He released his grip on me and took a deep breath. “Eun Jae, sorry if this is too sudden. I just can’t take it anymore. Since the first day I saw you, I know you will haunt me in my dreams. When I had the chance to befriend with you, I grabbed it. I… I… I was really glad that you really… I’m glad because you became my friend. I think I’ll just stop there. I never expected anything in return. I’m really happy just to be your older brother. But, seeing you with other guys, I can’t take it. I really want you to become mine though you only saw me as your big brother.”

                As he uttered the last word, he lowered his head. I saw a tear on his cheek. He’s crying. I sat beside him. I wiped away his tears.

                Suddenly, he kissed me. I can taste the alcoholic beverage he consumed but there’s a sting of mint on his mouth. I don’t know what to do. But then, he broke the kiss and fell asleep on my shoulder.

                I smiled on what he just did. He’s so tough outside, but he’s really cute inside. I just had one of the best nights in my life: the boy I liked confessed to me.

                Gyu Ri unnie came in and smiled at me.

                “Happy?” she said.

                I smiled back. “I don’t know what to do. Is it really for real?”

                She sat beside Doojoon. She knew all along that I have this puppy love with Doojoon. “Yes. He really likes you a lot. You know… oh well, I think I’ll let him clear it to you tomorrow. I’ll take care of him now. You don’t want to see him to do that thing.”

                That thing? Ah, vomiting… unnie, really. “Are you going to be alright?”

                “Yes, no worries,” she said as she winked.

                I bid her goodbye. I have no choice because I didn’t have my brother’s permission to go out. I’ll be dead if he caught me.

                This is one of the happiest nights in my life. Really. Did I just repeat what I thought a while ago? O, well. That’s what you get when you’re in love.

****

                When I woke up the next morning, I feel light-headed. Maybe because of the hang-over from the last night’s happening. Ommo. I still can’t believe it. Did Doojoon confessed to me, like, for real? I think I’m dreaming. Still dreaming.

                I’m with my two girls now. That’s a plus-point why I’m happy: we’re getting to have the time for each other again. I don’t want this to end.

                “Hey girl,” So Eun said. “What’s with that dreamy eyes? You dreamt of Doojoon last night?”

                I smiled sheepishly. “Not just dreamt. Real-life.”

                “Tell us ‘bout that,” the two girls said.

                I was about to tell them when Ji Yeon suddenly said, “Maybe later. Someone’s looking for you.”

                I looked back. I saw my brother. I stood up and approach him.

                “What?” I said.

                He smiled. I know he’s up to something. “Can you help me?”

                “About what?” I hope he likes someone now. He’s not this flushed whenever he’s asking me to do favors. Something fishy is going on here.

                “Buy a gift for someone,” he said, rather shy. It’s my first time seeing my brother like this.

                I elbowed him. “Who’s that unfortunate girl?”

                He gave me a wary look instead of a glare. He’s in love. Oh. My. Gosh. The world’s gonna end tomorrow. “Gonna tell you later. Gotta go,” he said, patting my head, before leaving me.

                I went back to my girls and sat down again.

                “What’s that?” Ji Yeon asked.

                “Some usual favors,” I lied, half-true, though. I can’t tell them now. I need to know the girl first. I know I’ll need their help in case of some match-up. Haha. Evil sister.

                “Oh well, I think you have to stand up again,” So Eun said, her eyes pointing to certain something-or someone- on my back.

                I looked at my back again. I saw the guy who made the silly confession last night. He was walking towards us.

                He stopped at my back. “Girls, can I borrow Eun Jae for a while?” he asked, flashing his smile.

                My heart fluttered. My friends are shoo-ing me now causing me to stand up.

                “You can have her, maybe, forever,” So Eun said.

                “Go now and eloped to your hidden nest,” Ji Yeon added, and they giggled.

                Psssh. These girls, really. How can they give me just like that? Well, we started walking… to nowhere in particular.

                “Don’t mind them,” I said.

                He smiled. “They’re so cute.”

                “You think so? I think they’re monsters just now,” I pouted. “Shoo-ing me like that.” And then, I laughed. He joined me.

                I don’t know why we stop and how we got in front of the bench where we first have a serious talk. It’s still fresh in my mind, though. As if it happened yesterday.

                “Erm. Eun Jae,” he faced me, “I just-“

                I cut him off. “Is it true?”

                “That, I love you?” he said, smiling. “Yes, it’s true. Though I’m drunk last night, I can clearly remember all of the nonsense I’ve told you last night before those 3 words.”

                I smiled. He’s really one heck of a guy. That is why I love him. “And…  and… that, you know, that…”

                “Kiss?” he looked at me intently. “I’m sorry for that, I just can’t control myself.”

                I shrugged. I can feel the heat up to my face now. I don’t know what to do.

                “I just want to ask you one thing,” he uttered those words after heaving a sigh. “Answer me truthfully.”

                I nodded.

                “Do you love me?”

****

Aigoo. Idk. Is this good? Or bad?

i know you already knew the answer. :p

T-T Haha. I hope you liked my update.

Please do spread this story to others.

Thank you and don’t forget to tell me what you think.