04

Will You Choose Me?

 

 

Why does my heart started to beat fast?

                I looked up. I am surprised to see the person I’ve been avoiding all the whole afternoon. Sigh. Why luck is not on my side this day?

                “Oh, hello, uhm, there,” I faked a smile. I got the balloon and tied it up on the backpack. “Thanks.”

                “What happened?” Doojoon said, near to a mumble. “Ji Yeon and So Eun told me that you’re sad and quiet the whole afternoon.”

                Argh! Those two can’t keep their mouth shut. Did he know that he’s the reason behind these heartaches?

                “Eun Jae?” he said as he tapped my shoulders.

                I smiled, and this time, it’s a true one. “I’m okay. Haha. Don’t worry.”

                He sighed in relief and smiled again at me. “That’s good. Always remember that I’m ready to listen if you have any problem.”

                “Thank you,” I bowed. He’s so kind. If only he knows what my feelings are.

                “Well, then, I can’t walk you home tonight,” he said, touching his nape. “I have, uhm, a practice.”

                Suddenly, somebody approached us. And, unfortunately, she’s the one who’s with Doojoon this afternoon. She’s really pretty. No wonder if the rumor is true. Everyone will fall for her.

                “Doojoon, why are you still here?” she said. “Coach is already looking for you.”

                “Oh, I’m sorry,” Doojoon said. “I’ll be going, then.”

                “Take care,” I said. I hope bitterness can’t be heard in my voice. “Thank you for the balloon.”

                “By the way, this I Park Gyu Ri,” he said. “Gyu Ri, this is Eun Jae. Lee Eun Jae.”

                I bowed. “Nice to meet you, Ms. Park Gyu Ri.”

                “Oh, the pleasure is mine,” she bowed, too. She’s too beautiful. “And, please call me unnie, instead of miss. Haha. Anyways, can you go home alone? It’s already dark and going home for someone as beautiful as you is dangerous.”

                And, she’s so kind. “I’m fine, thank you,” I said. “I can do it and I’m doing for months now. Don’t worry.”

                She smiled. “Well, take care. See you next time.”

                “Bye, bye. Take care also,” I bowed and started to walk away. I can hear footsteps as they laugh.

                I hope they will trip on something and then they will be injured; hmm, maybe her hand will be sprained and Doojoon will hurt his leg. *evil laugh* K-I-D-D-I-N-G. Haha. I’m not that mean. They look so cute together. A perfect ‘couple’, I must say.

                Ah. Bitterness < Sweetness. Though I’m a little bit bitter and sad, I must be happy for them. Happy. Happy. But still, it hurts. I just told myself, confessed to myself, that I love him. But just like, but love. Aish. S-T-U-P-I-D me.

                After 15 minutes of riding a bus, I already reached my house. When I opened the door.], I can smell the aroma of spaghetti, pulling me towards the kitchen.

                “Brother, I’m home,” I shouted as I put my bag on a chair on the dining room and went straight to the place I call “heaven”.

                “I will be there after 5 minutes. Just sit there,” he said.

                I returned to the dining room. I sat on the chair opposite to my bag. After 5 minutes, he came with MY spaghetti. Haha.

                “It looks delicious,” I said. I saw a little smile on his face. Wee. He’s in a good mood.

                We ate. After we “devoured” on our food, I decided to wash the dishes. While I was doing that, he stood beside me.

                “Thank you,” I said, smiling. “It’s the best spaghetti in the world.”

                “Tsk. Sweet talk,” I heard him mumble. “Be thankful that I have nothing to do.”

                “I just said thank you, you deaf,” I whined.

                “Okay, okay,” he said. “Tell me, something happened, right?”

                “Something?” What?” this guy is so meddle-some. He can read me easily. “What are you talking about?”

                “You asked me to cook spaghetti for you out of nowhere and there’s no important occasion today, as far as I remember,” he said as-a-matter-of-factly. “You have a problem, heart-broken?”

                YES! I want to yell at him. “No,” I said. “Duh? Me? Heart broken?”

                He laughed. “You’re so cute when embarrassed. I’m your brother. You don’t have to be shy, pig.”

                “Tsk,” I shrugged. “I said I’m not. Period.”

                “Okay, okay,” he said.

                I finished washing the dishes after 5 minutes. I didn’t notice that my brother went upstairs already. He’s s creepy. Haha.

                So, I decided to go to my room and have a warm bath. After that, I wear my PJ’s. Suddenly, my brother peeked inside my room

                “Eun Jae, go sleep now,” he said. “Mom and dad went to grandma’s house. Prob’ly, they’ll stay there for the night.”

                “Always going there, without telling us,” I pouted. I remember, my brother is a friend of Doojoon. Maybe I can confirm it.

                “Eh, brother, can I ask you something?”               

                “What’s that, pig?”

                “I just heard a rumor that Doojoon is dating Ms. Gyu Ri. Is that true?” I asked, looking up at him.

                “It’s spreading quickly. Haha.” He messed up my hair. “Go to sleep, pig.”

                After that, he went out of my room, leaving the puzzled me. Aish. He didn’t answer my question. What kind of brother is he? EVIL.

                I’m kind-of heartbroken. Kind-of.  Delete that. Eun Jae, be true to yourself. I am heartbroken. Yes. I am. The man that I love only treats me as a little sister. Pitiful me. Sigh.

***

 

sorry for the late update. =.=

hope you'll like this chapter.. :))

tell me what you think.. :)