03

Will You Choose Me?

 

I woke up early after that tiring day. I looked at the windows but there’s still no sign of Mr. sun. I remember what happened last night. Aish. Foreign feelings really drive me nuts.

I checked out my brother’s room but he’s still not there. Really. I hope he has something for me when he gets home. Normal younger sister’s wish. Haha.

Before going downstairs and cooked up something, I decided to take a freezing bath first. It’s freezing for real. After that, I decided to wear a simple top and jeans for my clothes. I hope Ji Yeon and So Eun won’t bash me for this. Haha.

And so, I started cooking our breakfast. I prepared Ham and bacon plus fried rice and hot chocolate for me and my mom and a cup of hot coffee for my dad.

When I’m done putting all the plates and utensils on the table, I heard footsteps from the stairs. I bet they’re my parents’. They greeted me with a warm smile.

“Good morning, Eun Jae,” my father kissed my forehead before sitting down.

My mom was already sitting when I looked at her. “Is you brother already home?”

“Not yet. But I’m sure he’s sleeping soundly,” I said munching on our food.

We ate peacefully afterwards. When we already finished our food, I cleaned up the table.

“Eun Jae, leave it there. It’s time to go to school,” my mom said. My parents are so soft-spoken. They seldom get mad and always take things calmly.

I smiled. “Okay, I’ll be going then,” I kissed them on their cheeks and grabbed my bag. I sprayed perfume on me and walked my way to the bus stop.

And I remembered again last night. That is the happiest night, as of now. I really felt comfortable around him. Haha. What am I thinking? Eun Jae, the daydreamer. :p

****

My third class for the day just ended. Listening to a class lecture sure is boring. One more class and I can rest. Yeyy~

“Tired, tired, tired,” I mumbled as I walked my way out that room.

“Eun Jae!” they shouted in unison and hugged me. I hugged them back, of course.

It’s been 3 days since we’ve been together. So, I think it’s okay if we act like this, right?

We broke off the embrace.

“How have you been? We’re too busy, sorry,” Ji Yeon said.

“Haha, we’re all busy,” I replied. “And my busy-ness will be extended until next week.”

“Haha. We’ll help you,” So Eun said. “How is it going with Doojoon oppa?”

To clear things up, the day after that first incident with Doojoon, I told them that I have a crush on him. As you all know, best friends are the BEST. I thought I will regret nothing. But they proved me wrong. Haha. ‘Cause since that day, they keep bugging me and teasing me and  doing what do typical best friends do: Planning for the two of us.

“Geez. We’re okay,” I replied, looking away.

So Eun sneered. “What’s with that geez?”

I started walking. I know that when I replied to their questions about me and Doojoon, they won’t stop. “Let’s g grab some snacks. You’re going to treat me, the two of you.”

I heard them groaned and I giggled.

****

We are now strolling along the campus. I miss our bonding moments. The times we went to the mall, our games in the park, and our sleepovers. It’s been a while since we’ve done that.

We reached out favorite place in the campus: a bench in front of a fountain and flowers are surrounding it. It’s so relaxing there.

“Aah!” So Eun said. “It’s been a while since the last time we went here.”

“That is so true,” I agreed as I leaned back and closed my eyes. “Aah! So relaxing.”

We all laughed for a reason we don’t know. It’s just that we have this invisible thread that connects our hearts and brains to each other. As if we know what’s going on to one another.

“Eun Jae,” Ji Yeon whispered to me in alarm. I opened my eyes and looked at them in confusion.

“Look,” they said in unison, pointing at one direction.

I looked at where they are pointing at and I saw Doojoon, causing me to smile and for my heart to beat fast. But then, the smile turned to a frown when I realized that he’s not alone.

“So, it’s true,” So Eun said.

“True? What is that?” I stuttered. My heart doesn’t want to know but my brain insists.

Ji Yeon finished her drink and threw it on the trash can before speaking. “Rumors said that Doojoon oppa is dating girl. I just forgot her name.” She looked at So Eun, “you know her name?”

So Eun looked at us. “If I’m not mistaken, she’s Park Gyu Ri, the new girl here. She’s taking up
BS tourism.”

“Yeah, yeah. That’s her,” Ji Yeon agreed.

I don’t know why it hurts a lot. Yes, I think I’m already in love with this man but I never thought that it will hurt like hell.

“Are you okay?” Ji Yeon asked me. “You look pale.”

So Eun tapped my back. “Don’t worry, they’re just rumors. I’ll confirm it up when we have practice.”

I nodded. I do hope that they’re just rumors. False rumors.

****

KRRIIIINNNGGG!!!!

“Okay, that’s all for today,” the professor said.

I gather all my things and grabbed my bag. It’s a long day. A long, somewhat gloomy, day. I feel like having spaghetti.

I got my phone and dialed my brother’s number. After 3 rings, he picked it up,

“What, pig?” he said.

“You’re home?” I asked. I bet he’s playing online again.

“Yes, why?

“Cook me some spaghetti.” I tried my best to sound pleasing to him.

He sighed. “Why?”

Puh-lease?” oh my. Typical younger sister’s doing.

“Okay. Okay, be home early.” He hanged up after that.

My brother is nice. He just don’t know how to show it to others, especially me. Haha. I really really love that side of him

“Spaghetti…” I sang inside my head while I’m on my way out of the building. I really love spaghetti. And, that’s my brother’s specialty.

I’m already outside of the building. The breeze is so cold. And the night sky is cloudless and there are so many stars.

When I’m near the university’s gate, somebody stopped in front of me. I didn’t notice his face becausei’m looking down while walking. Suddenly, he held out his hand, giving me a string – I assume – of a balloon.

Oh my, I thought.

****

a/n

and that’s the continuation of the 2nd chapter.. :p

hope you like it.. hahha.. 

and i hope you'll like the next chapter.. :))

♥♥