02

Will You Choose Me?

 

                It’s been 3 weeks --- I think --- since I admitted that I have a big, BIG crush on Yoon Doojoon. But we can’t tell, maybe it’ll turn into love.

                What made me happier is that, since then, we became closer. Aigoo. I think I’m blushing. Ommo. And because he’s my brother’s friend, I can see him more often.

                I felt that somebody was tapping my shoulder. Geez. Don’t you know that I’m daydreaming here?

                “Eun Jae,” my brother said. He’s already sitting beside me. He’s having his angel-look, maybe he’ll ask for a favor.

                “Hmmm?” I replied, looking at him. And I’m correct.

                “Tell mom that I’ll be home late.” He scratches his nape. “Or worse, I’ll be home tomorrow.”

                “Why would I?” Really. He’s so kind when he needs something.

                “’Cause I’m your brother and siblings should help each other?” He, then, puts his arms around my shoulder. “Right, sissy?”

                I rolled my eyes. Really, my brother is the wisest person I’ve ever known.  He’s s smooth-talker, for Pete's sake. “What and where?”

                He smiled. I heard him mumbled something like “yes”. “You know, gig.” He’s a dancer and a vocalist of their band. We both love singing. At least, in one aspect of life, we have similarity. “I can’t call them. Always out of reach. I don’t know if their phones are off or doesn’t have signal. So, are you going to say it for me?”

                “Duh!” I replied.

                He kissed me in the forehead before he stood up. “You’re the best snoring pig sister in the whole wide world.” He  shouted as he walk away.

                Aigoo. I looked at my watch. It’s already 3:45 pm. I’ll be late for the meeting. Oh no!

****

               “2 hours,” I mumbled to myself. I’ve been sitting here for two hours, listening to their non-stop talk. I’m doodling on my noted. Geez. When will he stop talking?

               “That’s all for today,” he said. “Please prepare all your designs next week, okay?”

               “Okay!” they shouted except me. I’m damn bored and damn tired.

               I was about to reach out for the knob when somebody tapped my shoulder.

               “Err. Lee Eun Jae?” the voice which belongs to the one speaking a while ago said.

               I faced him. “Yes? What can I do for you, Mr. Yong?”

               “Really, what’s with Mr. Yong?” he smirked. I noticed that he’s cute when doing that.

               The girls love him because of his mysterious aura. Though he’s not a snob, but he’s kind of aloof to everyone, except, of course, to his close friends.

                “Anyways, I have a task for you,” he continued.

                “What is that?” I asked. Another task, another reason to die. Geez. I’m so tired. Why me? =.=

                “Mr. Kim from the Architecture Department wants you to make a presentation about the styles of houses in Beverly Hills, based on the photos and on the news,” he flashed his signature smirk. “Can you do it?”

                 I looked at him. He’s looking at me. “He wants it before 2 weeks from now. But, the earlier the better.”

                 “Okay.” I sighed then I smiled at him. He’s my senior. I should be polite. HAHA. “I’ll go first.”

                 “Take care,” he said before leaving me and started to pile up the messy papers on the table.

                 I started walking my way out of them room. I am so tired. How many times did I mention that I’m so TIRED? Haha. And to make things worse, I didn’t see Doojoon the whole day. I want to die now. >.< *kidding: p

                  It’s already dark. I’m walking towards the main gate of the university when someone blocked my way. Geez. I looked up and I saw a pair of eyes looking down on me. My heart went crazy because I know who the owner of those dazzling eyes by heart.

                  “Boo?” he said and smiled.

                  I hit his chest lightly and then I pouted. “What’s with you? You know that it’s dark already and then you’re going to scare me? What kind of alien are you?”

                  He smiled, still teasing me. I pouted more and in my surprise, he pinched my cheeks while saying: “You’re so cute.”

                  Aish. I can die now of happiness. Oh my. “What’s with the cute word? Are you sick?”

                  He laughed and I joined him. “We looked like crazy,” I said in-between laughs.

                  “You think so?” he replied. “Let’s go. I’ll walk you home.”

                  We started walking. I never knew that by walking together, someone can be this happy. I can only read those incidents in books. But it’s great in reality. Walking together with the one you love. Did I mention love? Whoa. Delete that. Delete. Delete.

                  “You look so tired,” he said, breaking off the silence. “Are you okay?”

                  “I’m fine. It’s just that I have so many things to do before the deadline,” I replied. “Is that to obvious that it can be seen on my face?”

                  “No!” he exclaimed. “You’re still stunning as ever.”

                  “You and your sweet talks,” I mumbled but I think he heard it because he smiled.

                  We are now inside the bus. We saw 2 empty seats so we decided to sit there.

                  “I’m not joking,” he finally said. “I just know when someone is tired. I can see it in their eyes.”

                  I shrugged and looked at the window. I can feel his worry glance on me. I wonder how long this friendship will last. I can’t deny that I’m hoping that it will turn to something that is more than friendship. Will it remain as friendship or will it became love on both sides? I can tell that this admiration that I’m feeling for him is turning on to love. Or not.

                  I was drifted away from my thoughts when I felt his arms in front of my face, reaching for the stop button.

                  “We’re here,” he whispered to me. “Are you sure you can walk home by yourself?”

                  “Yes,” I replied. “Thank you. Take care.” I stood up and went down the bus.

                  His house is 3 bus stops away. So we decided to ride the bus together if there’s no conflict on our schedule. It’s been like this for 3 weeks now. And to my brother’s happiness, he is rest assured that I can go home safely and EARLY. >.<

                  I gazed up in the stars as I walked toward our house. Stars. It seems that he’s a star; so impossible to reach. Geez what a tiring day.

 

****

a/n

I have to divide the 2nd chapter into 2 parts... it’s so long.. >.<

I hope you like this chapter…

Tell me if your have any suggestions and comments... just left it below. ♥