05

Will You Choose Me?

 

                I’ve been busy these past few days. I’m making that report that Junhyung sunbae told me to do. I’m thankful, though, that because I’m busy, I forgot heartaches. I’m avoiding him with all my might, and luckily, I’ve succeeded.

                Aish. These guys on the other table are so noisy. By the way, I’m inside the library, doing that report.

                “Excuse me,” I looked at those guys. “Can you please keep quiet? You’re in the library so you’re suppose to keep you mouth shut. Thanks.”

                I turned my attention back to me netbook. My head is already hurting from all these designs. Suddenly, someone sat on the chair opposite mine. I looked up and saw the guy I am avoiding for a long time. And it hit me. They’re the ones on the other table.

                “It’s been a while, Eun Jae,” he said, looking good, as usual. “How are you?”

                I looked at the guys at the other table. My brother is there. Of all the people, why it has to be my brother’s group?

                “Hello,” I greeted. I looked at Doojoon. “Hey there. I’m kinda busy these past few days. How about you?”

                “Same here,” he said. His smile is so warm that all the bitterness I felt for him just disappeared in an instant. This is why life is so unfair. “Am I disturbing you?”

                Suddenly, my brother threw a crumpled paper to Doojoon, which earned him a glare. I return my attention back to my netbook. He stayed there. That’s enough.

                After minutes of silence and flying crumpled papers, another person came. I looked for who it was. It’s Doojoon’s “rumored” girlfriend. Oh, great.

                I greeted her and continue on doing my presentation. After greeting my brother and his friends, he sat beside Doojoon.

                “Are you busy, Eun Jae?” she asked. She still has that smile.

                “Kind of. Still finishing this presentation,” I replied and smiled. What the, all I can do is to smile.

                “Is Doojoon bothering you?” she mumbled, nearing her face to mine. “Tell me.”

                I chuckled. “No. not at all. Don’t worry.”

                “Don’t hesitate to tell me if he does,” Gyu Ri unnie winked at me. She is so kind.

                “Okay.”

                My eyes widened when someone touched my shoulder. I looked at him and I saw Junhyung, smiling at me. I patted the empty seat beside me.

                “What’s wrong?” he said and sat.

                “I’m about to finish this but,” I said. I looked at Gyu Ri and Doojoon, and they’re looking back at me as if I grew another head. I forgot to introduce him.

                “Erm, Junhyung sunbae, this is Gyuri unnie and Doojoon. Guys, this is Junhyung.” They bowed at each other.

                “What’s with the sunbae?” Junhyung mumbled at me.

                I grinned. “Why? Don’t you like it?”

                “I don’t,” he said.

                “Okay, okay,” I chuckled. “So, I was saying, can you review this?”

                Junhyung nodded. “Sure.” He stood up. “I’ll be seeing you later. Meeting.”

                “Meeting?” another boring meeting. “Okay.”

                “I’ll be going then,” Junhyung bowed and then he left.

*****

                As always, whenever we’re having a meeting, I’m bored. It’s just that I’m not in the mood of listening now, after what I’ve witnesses a while ago.

                Is it compulsory for me to tell it? Haha. Anyways, after Junhyung left, the two of them are too close. I can’t help but to get jealous, though I don’t have the right to. Ommo. They’re just sitting beside each other but they look so perfect together.

                Okay, back to reality. The meeting ended with me not listening. And while the meeting was going on, I’m just doodling on my notes and Junhyung was polishing me work. I always think of him as aloof, not that sociable and snob. But now, I think he’s not like that. He’s a gentleman, WITTY but I can say that he’s a bit aloof.

                “This is good,” Junhyung said. He’s already beside me, holding my flash drive. “You send it when you get home.”               

                I smiled. “Thanks. I will,” I said, getting the flash drive from him. I put it inside my bag and stood up. “I’ll be going, then. Thanks.”

                “I’ll walk you home,” he said. He seemed shocked on what he said.

                “I’ll be okay, don’t worry,” I replied. He’s being gentleman again. When I looked around, there’s no people left.

                He smirked. “A true man never let a girl walk home by herself. Let’s go.”

                I can’t do anything but to follow him. There’s an awkward silence between us.

                “Erm, Junhyung,” I said, breaking the silence. “How old are you?”

                “19.”

                “Why do you choose architecture?”

                “And why are you being nosy?” he replied.

                “Just answer my question, Mr. I’m-so-cool,” I said, getting annoyed. “I’m exerting my effort to know you here.”

                “And why is that?”

                Aish. This man is really getting on my nerves. “Because I’ll be on that department for like 5 years. Of course, I have to know something about the members, and that includes you.”             

                After that statement of mine, he smiled. “You’re so cute when you’re annoyed,” he pinched my cheeks.

                “My father was an architect,” he continued. “He is a well-known in architect’s world; he was happy building house, designing one.

                “But then, everything came to an end. He met an accident and he looses his dream. He can’t draw anymore.”

                “Sorry,” I said. Whoa. I never thought that it would be like that.

                He shook his head and sneered. “No. it’s okay. So, that’s why I chose this course. I want to continue his dream.”

                “Wow. That’s great.” I don’t know what to say. I never thought that he’s like that. Continuing his father’s dream, I seldom met guys like that.

                We continue our conversation, or I should call it mouth war? We can’t go on with our conversation without saying any mockery first. Even though it’s like that, it’s so comfortable. As if I’m talking to a long-time friend.

                I bid him good bye when I’m in front of our house. I learned that they have a house that was near ours. That is where he’ll spend the night. I also discovered his hidden talent: rapping. I got a sample.

                I’m so thankful to have his company tonight. I miss the nights when Doojoon and I are together but tonight, it’s different. I never thought about that. It’s a great day. What will be the forecast tomorrow?

 

*****

Sorry for the late update.

Been busy with school. (first week of second semester)

Haha. I hope you like the new chapter.

Tell me what you think