CRUSH

Will You Choose Me?

 

                I woke up because somebody’s tapping my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw my brother sitting on the side of my bed. He’s here to ruin my day. =.=

                “Wake up, snoring pig,” he said before leaving my room. Really. Typical brother.

                I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I stretched my body and give the door an evil glare. Why did you let my brother in? Aish! >.<

                Anyway, I’m Lee Eun Jae, a bubbly 18-year old girl who loves singing. My mother told me that I started singing at the age of 3. Haha. I also love photography and ruining my brother’s life. My brother is Lee Gi Kwang. And we both love ruining each other’s life. Haha.

                And so, I decided to take a bath first before going downstairs. It feels refreshing but the water is freezing. Brr. As for my clothes, I chose a hoodie and faded shorts. I love to mix-and-match clothes as much as my friends want to dress me up.

                I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. They’re already there in their usual seats in the dining room. I greeted them and kissed my parents on their cheeks before sitting down

                “How’s your sleep, Eun Jae?” my father asked me, smiling. Oh geez, it’s the most heart-warming smile that I’ve ever seen in 18 years of my existence.

                “It’s perfect, papa,” I replied, returning his smile. “I slept so soundly, and-“

                My brother cut me off. “That’s why I woke up in no time, thanks to your snoring.” See, that’s what we call love.

                Mother hissed him off.

                “Aish! Don’t start, brother,” I said as I ate the foods in front of me.

                “Snoring pig,” I heard him mumbled, which earned him an evil glare from me.

                My parents just smiled at each other on our attitude towards each other. We’re always like this but we’re not getting to the point of hurting each other. I super love this family.

****

                At last, my classes for today were finished. Every Monday, I only have 3 subjects to attend to. But those subjects are so tiring. That’s why I hate Mondays.

                Suddenly, my phone rang. When I look at the screen, I saw Ji Yeon’s name on the screen. I answered it.

                “Where are you?” I asked.

                “I should be the one asking you that question, you know?” her voice sounded annoyed. “Where are you?”

                “I’m sitting on a bench,” I rolled my eyes. “Where are you?”

                “Why are you sitting there? You should be at the gym with me. That’s our meeting place,” she said.

                Dang! Now I remember. “Okay. I’ll be there,” I replied and hanged up.

                Before they get angry at me, I picked up my bag and went to the gym. When I got there, I spotted So Eun easily; she’s sitting with the players and the coach. She’s one of the managers of the basketball team.

                I looked around for Ji Yeon and saw her. I went quickly so I can sit beside her.

                “Where the hell have you been?” she looked at me, irritation can be heard from the voice.

                I leaned back and smiled. And that smile of mine earned a glare from Ji Yeon. She leaned back too.

                “How’s the game?” I asked.

                I heard Ji Yeon sigh. “It’s going smoothly.”

                “And So Eun?”

                “As usual, she’s there, cheering for her brother.”

                Ji Yeon and So Eun are my closest friends. We’ve known each other for like 10 years now. And we know each other by heart. I met So Eun because of my brother’s friend, Hyun Seung. She’s his sister. Ji Yeon became our friend when we helped her finding her ball. And after that, we became close friends. We treat each other like real sisters.

                The loud buzzer brought me back t reality. The game has come to an end. And our players won. Though I’m not a fan of basketball, I felt relieved knowing that we won. Even though it’s only a practice game.

                “Hey Eun Jae, let’s go,” Ji Yeon said.

                I grabbed my bag and followed her. “Where are we going?”

                “To So Eun.”

                We went to where So Eun was, but we stopped a few meters away because the coach is having a word to the players.

                “We’re so lucky,” Ji Yeon whispered to me and then she smiled.

                I looked at them. They’re listening seriously to what their coach was saying. But I noticed that somebody is looking at our way.

                “Oh, Doojoon sunbae is looking at us,” Ji Yeon mumbled to me.

                I looked for who it was, and he smiled at us. Suddenly, my heart went crazy. I don’t know what to do but I managed to smile back before he looked away.

                “He smiled,” Ji Yeon squealed but not too loud. “Oh geez, it’s so unusual. He smiled.”

                “Unusual?” I asked. I don’t know this Doojoon guy that much but I already heard news about him.

                “Yes. He rarely smiles, you know. But he really looks good when he smiled.”

                IKR! It’s weird. It’s just a smile. A mere smile, for goodness’ sake. Really, foreign feelings are causing me Goosebumps all over my body. I’m not used to this, again.

                “What’s happening, Eun Jae?” I heard somebody said.

                When I turned around to see who it was, I saw So Yeon. She’s so pretty, even in an over-sized shirt and a cap.

                “Oh, what?” I replied.

                “Your face is so red,” Ji Yeon said, touching my cheeks. “Oh, I think I know why.”

                “Why?” So Eun asked. These girls are being nosy again.

                “Doojoon sunbae smiled at us.”

                So Eun smiled. “Really? That’s a good news, then.”

                “What are you two talking about?” I asked. When I looked at where I saw that Doojoon guy a while ago, I saw him wiping his sweaty body. He looks good even by doing simple things.

                And, out of nowhere, my heart starts beating crazily once again. Oh my! What’s happening? I clutched my shirt and sighed heavily.

                “What are you still doing there, Eun Jae?” I heard So Eun shouted.

                That was when I noticed that they’re already walking towards the gate of the gym. Geez. What’s happening to me??

****

                So, I was here, sitting on a bench. A L O N E. Ji Yeon decided to accompany So Eun to their locker to change her clothes. That means, catching a glimpse on the players on their locker room. Aish. Creepy Ji Yeon.

                And because I’m being lazy to join them there, I decided to wait for them outside. So here I was, waiting for them for like 20 minutes already.

                “What took them so long?” I mumbled. I looked at my watch. It’s 5:15 already. Aish. I want to go home. I’m tired.

                “Waiting for somebody?” a deep voice said.

                I looked at my back where the voice was coming from. And to my surprise, it’s from that Doojoon guy. Ommo. My heart beats faster again.

                Before I knew it, he was already sitting beside me. His clothes are already changed into a shirt and jeans.

                “What brought you here, uhm…” I don’t now what to call him and I can’t look directly to him. But, I have to. Geez. Foreign feelings, shoo! Shoo!

                “My bad,” he said, smiling. “I’m Doojoon. Yoon Doojoon. And if I’m not mistaken, you’re lee Eun Jae.”

                I nodded. “Err. What brought you here, Mr. Yoon?” Am I too formal? Kekeke~

                He chuckled. Why is he so good looking? “That’s too formal. You can call me Doojoon.” He ran his hand through his hair. “So Eun and your other friend, Ji Yeon, sent me here to tell you that they’re fixing something and gonna be late for an hour or two.”

                Late? What are they fixing? Then suddenly, my phone vibrated. I received a message. It’s from an unknown number and it says:

                “Eun Jae, this is So Eun (and Ji Yeon). Sorry but you can go ahead. We’re fixing some papers for Ji Yeon’s scholarship. Sorry if we didn’t texted you beforehand. Unfortunately, our phones ran out of batteries that’s why I borrowed someone’s phone so I can text you. We’re very sorry. We’ll make it up to you tomorrow. We promise. Toodles~”

                I sighed. “Oh. Thanks, Doojoon sunbae. Those two are busy.”

                “Drop that sunbae thing,” he said, a bit embarrassed. “Don’t you want to join them?”

                Ommo. He’s too cute when embarrassed. “Nah. I’m tired and tired and lazy and tired.”

                “Too much for Monday?”

                “Yeah,” I replied briefly. Ommo. Why hasn’t he left yet? Why? Why?

                He stood up and picked up his bag. “Let’s go. I’ll walk you home.”

                I’m shocked. “I can go home alone. No worries,” I said, forcing a smile.

                Doojoon looked at me.  “You’re friends asked me to or else, I’m dead.”

                “You’re not busy?”

                “No. Let’s go,” he smiled again.

                Okay.  Do you want me to die early?? Haha. So cute.

                So, we walked our way towards the bus stop. Then we spent about 10 minutes in the bus. It was okay, but what makes it awkward is the way he looks when he’s having a conversation. Gosh~

                We reached our house in no time. We stood in front of our house’s gate.

                “Thank you very much, Doojoon oppa,” I said.

                He smiled, AGAIN. “I told you to drop those formalities.”

                “Okay, Doojoon.” He is so charming. Oh my gosh~

                “I’ll go now. Lock the doors.” He waved at me before going away.

                I went straight to my room. Oh gosh! My heart was beating fast. Is that what they call crush? NO WAY! But what’s wrong in having a crush?

                I smiled. My first day of meeting him and he swept me off my feet. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n:

wee. it's the first chapter.. >.< hope you like it.

don't be afraid to leave comments and suggestions for this story.

thanks. ♥