07

Will You Choose Me?

 

Chapter 7:

                The bus came and we hopped on in. we sat in the middle part of the bus where there are empty seats. I made myself comfortable there.

                “What are you talking about a while ago?” I asked again.

                “I just noticed that the two of you became closer these past few weeks,” he said, poker-faced.

                I smiled. “Yeah. He’s helping me a lot lately.”

                And after that, silence engulfed us. I don’t know why but whenever Doojoon utter Junhyung’s name, he’s having this cold aura. I have this feeling that he doesn’t like the idea of me being friends with Junhyung. Haha. Dream on, Eun Jae.

                That ride went smoothly after that silence. He’s the one who broke it first.

                “How’s life recently?” he asked.

                I’m so relieved that you and Gyu Ri-unnie are not dating, you heart-breaker. “Good. Many things happened,” I replied. “How about you? The rumors were cleared already, eh?”

                He smiled. The first after hopping in inside the bus. It’s better if he keep on smiling.

                “I’m glad that it’s over,” he said. “It’s tiring, though. Somebody’s gonna ask you, time after time. We’re together most of the time.”

                “And, you’re cousins.” I pouted, “You didn’t tell me.”

                He smirked. “You never asked. Tell me, we looked good together, right?”

                “Yes, like a match made in heaven,” I said. I can’t lie, it’s the truth. Truth hurts. It’s true.

                He smiled, and the pain subsided. Geez. This man is driving me nuts.

***

                We had girls’ night out last night. We had so much fun it feels like we’re back on the times that we are just plain high school students: not a child anymore yet not yet a woman. We talked about the things we missed each other these past few weeks.

                So, here I am, strolling alone in the park the day after that night out. Haha. The sun wasn’t that hot this afternoon. I’m so thankful for that. Haha.

                I find a place where to sit and continue munching on my sandwich. Egg sandwich really can make my day, plus this banana milk. Nom~nom. I stopped noticing the people walking passed by me as I eat this super duper mega ever yummy snacks that I have.

                When I finished eating it, I threw the wrapper and the cup on the trash bin near the bench where I am sitting. I feel contended. Haha. Suddenly, I realized that somebody was sitting beside me already. I can feel that he’s looking at me. I keep my head down.

                He spoke. “Eun Jae.”

                I looked up and to my relief, that was just Junhyung. “Oh, it’s just you. I thought it was someone else.”

                He, then, start laughing. I bet he saw me while eating those heavenly foods. “You really are so cute,” he said, pinching my cheeks and then my nose.

                I pouted after that. “How dare you stare at someone eating happily and peacefully? It’s so unethical.” I laughed.

                Then, I saw Gyu Ri unnie and Doojoon. Gyu Ri unnie’s face looks worried and Doojoon’s looks like he’s angry or something. I’m about to wave at them when Doojoon ran away and Gyu Ri unnie followed him. I’m confused.

                “What happened?” Junhyung said.

                “I don’t know.” And we continue talking.

****

                Later that night, I’m about to tuck myself in to sleep then suddenly, my phone rang.

                “Hello?”

                “Eun Jae? This is Gyu Ri.”

                “Oh, unnie. What’s the problem?”

                “Can you go here?”

                “Where?”

                “I’ll meet you at the Restaurant near the school. It’s emergency. Is it okay?” I wonder what’s the emergency?

                “Okay. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

                After I hung up, I dressed up and went my way to the school. Luckily, my parents are away, AGAIN, and my brother was sleeping. After 10 minutes of riding a bus, I reached the restaurant Gyu Ri unnie was talking about. I saw her standing there.

                “Unnie,” I said as I walked toward her. “What happened?”

                She sighed. “Doojoon, he’s inside. Drinking. You know, he’s not a drinker, I’m worried. I’m sure you’re the only one who can calm him down.”

                She pointed me to go inside. As I was walking, I cast a worry look at Gyu Ri unnie. It’s a little bit dark inside. A mellow music was playing at the background. I saw Doojoon sitting and I joined him there.

                “Doojoon, what’s happening?” I asked.

                He looked at me. “Eun Jae, it’s you,” he said as he touched my face.

                “Of course, it’s me, you derp,” I said. Fortunately, it made him smile. He’s drunk. Really drunk.

                “I love you, Eun Jae.”

                My eyes widened. Did I heard the right words?

                “What did you say?” I asked.

****

Cliff-hanger. Teehee.

I don’t know what to write. Tahaha…

What do you think?