06

Will You Choose Me?

 

               I miss So Eun and Ji Yeon. So much. We’ve been busy with out school works and we understand that we can’t have time for each other. But I miss them big time.

                So, here I am, inside the cafeteria, waiting for them. I’m so thankful that our professor dismissed the class early. Haha! In two weeks time, we’re going to have our exams. I bet we’re going to be busy again. Again and again.

                A smile creeps into my face when I saw my two sisters. They ran towards me and we hugged each other.

                “Oh gosh,” Ji Yeon said, as they sat down. “I miss your so much.”

                “Me, too,” I replied. Aish. These girls, really. “How have you been?”

                “This girl,” So Eun said, looking at Ji Yeon and then back at me, “as if we didn’t saw each other for a decade.”

                We all laughed for an unknown reason. I love these girls. Though sometimes, they can’t keep their mouth shut from talking. I love them.

                “And, oh, Eun Jae, have you heard the news?” So Eun said.

                “What news?” I asked.

                “It’s not true that Gyu Ri unnie and Doojoon are dating,” she continued.

                What I’ve heard is like music to my ears. Gyu Ri and Doojoon are not dating. I can’t believe it. I am so happy. I want to shout and jump around.

                I smiled. “Is that true?”

                “Yeah,” Ji Yeon said. “Girl, it’s not yet the end.”

                We squealed. And when we realized that we’re inside of a public place, we stopped, and then, we laughed. Haha. I’m so happy. So happy to care about that.

                I saw my friends plus the good news.

****

                My two girls still have classes so we went our separate ways. We promise to have a girl’s day on Saturday. Ommo. I can’t wait.

                I was walking towards a bench. I sat there, gazing up in the sky. Clear blue sky. I remember the first time I talked to Doojoon. It’s the same sky. Haha. He’s busy these fast few days, and I’m avoiding him since I knew about the rumor. We rarely see each other since then. And the last time we went home together was weeks ago.

                “Eun Jae,” someone’s voice snapped me out of my trance.

                It’s Gyu Ri. Whoa! She’s so beautiful, as always. She sat beside me and gave me a warm smile.

                I smiled back. “Hell, Gyu Ri unnie. What brought you here?” The uneasiness I’m feeling the last time we’re together disappeared.

                She smiled. “I think I want a little chit-chat and then I saw you,” she said. “Am I disturbing you?”

                “No! no,” I said quickly.

                And then, silence engulfed us. I want to ask her about the rumor but I hesitated. Maybe, it will make her think that I have a crush on Doojoon, which is true. To be exact, it’s love. Haha.

                But my curiosity is killing me. I want to hear from . “You cleared the rumors,”  I finally said.

                She chuckled. “Yeah. People are getting the wrong info about us. And Doojoon was worried about certain someone.”

                “Don’t you like him?” I asked, afraid of what she’ll answer.

                “I like him yes,” she replied.

                I winced. She likes him, but then, she continued.

                “He’s my favorite cousin,” she smiled. “You liked him, right?”

                I choked on what she said. I smiled nervously. “What are you talking ‘bout, unnie?”

                “I know you like him so ‘fess up.”

                I remained silent. I do not know what to say, or do, or to think. My heart was beating as if it’s in my ears. It’s so loud. I hope she’s not hearing it. Geez. Am I that obvious? And did I heard that she said that they’re cousin? Oh yeah.

                “You’re cousins?” I asked, confirming.

                “Yeah, so don’t worry.” She fixed her hair that was being blown away by the wind. “If you like him, tell him. I’ll back you up.”

                I just smiled. I don’t know what to say. I’m happy to know that they’re cousins. Nothing more, nothing less.

****

                I’ve been happy the whole day. I’ve been with Ji Yeon and So Eun and Gyu Ri unnie cleared the rumor to me herself. Haha.

                “Eun Jae, can you stop smiling,” Ji Yeon said. “It’s creepy.”

                I pouted. “Don’t you want me to be happy? What kind of best friends are you?”

                We all laughed. I’m so thankful to have them.

                We continued walking up to the next building. We dropped So Eun there for her next class. After that, Ji Yeon and I continued walking up to the bus stop. Usually, she’s the first one to aboard the bus always.

                When the bus came, she climbed up and waved goodbye. Suddenly, she has a shocked expression. I wondered why.

                Suddenly, I felt like someone’s staring at me. I looked around and at my back, I saw the man who made my heart flutter in just a mere smile: Yoon Doojoon.

                “Hey,” he said, smiling. “Can I walk you home?”

                I smiled. “Sure.” I missed this feeling, the feeling of being happy without doing anything special. He’s the only one who can make me feel like this.

                “How have you been?” he asked. Standing beside me.

                “Busy. So many things to do, so little time,” I replied.

                “You should get some rest.” He fixed his backpack. “You’ll have eyebags.”

                I laughed. “Don’t worry. I’m getting some rest. And besides, Junhyung is helping me on my tasks.”

                He stiffened when I utter Junhyung’s name. I wonder why.

                “Hey, Doojoon,” I utter.

                “Junhyung,” he mumbled, “You became closer and he walked you home recently.”

                Why he became serious all of a sudded? Is he jealous? O well, I can dream, right?

******

Sorry for the late update.

Haha. Been busy with school.

So many tasks to do. :p

Hope you like my update.

Tell me what you think.