Sisters

You're The Only One I Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

STILL A FLASHBACK

 

Narrated

 

Jessica watched every rain drop that softly hits the window on her side. She followed the movement of every drop until it falls into nothingness. She repeated doing the same thing that becomes a cycle. It was the thing that she's been doing right after a strong rain showered Amber's car and their way back home.

 

After the confrontation between the sisters, they've decided to walk outside and Amber immediately spotted them. She offered a ride back to their house and both sisters agreed without giving much words to speak. The boyish girl sensed the friction between the two and just them at her car parked somewhere near.

 

“Krystal are you sitting in front or at the back?” Amber asked because Krystal always liked to sit in front but since her sister is present, there might be some changes.

 

The gloomy and lifeless Krystal finally looked at Amber and turn her gaze at Jessica who's already going inside at the back of the car.

 

“I'm sitting at the back.” Krystal replied in monotone.

 

As they are all inside the car, Amber never felt so uncomfortable in her own territory. She's the type of a person that can't stand silence even for just a minute, therefore it was a challenge for her to be in this awkward silence. If only she didn't sensed that there's some bad-blood vibe around the sisters, she would just tell a lot of nonsensical stories to lighten up the mood. But her survival instincts told her that she should just keep a good girl act the entire time.

 

Krystal who's on the other end of the back seat, beside Jessica, was also staring outside the window. Her swollen eyes felt like she's completely out of this world. She had cried too much earlier that almost drained her energy, it even looked like her soul was also washed away. The thought that she would be abandoned sooner or later didn't left her mind even for a second. And no matter how much she wanted to cry yet again, there are no more tears to be shed. It was tiring on her part, but if it's the only thing she could do to lighten up her feeling then there's no thinking twice to it.

 

Despite not wanting to be separated from her sister, she can't do anything but obey whatever Jessica have decided. She felt like she has no right to push herself on her sister because of the truth that she had been told. She had ruined Jessica's life, and there's no reason for her to deny it. So if Jessica wanted her gone, then she will grant her wish despite of her animosity towards it.

 

But if ever Jessica really abandoned her, she doesn't even know how to live anymore. It sounded like her life really depended on her big sister now, because to Krystal, it was really the case. She had embraced her sister's existence and managed to even give her several amount of questions to think of. But even before she finds out every answers to it, there's not enough time now. Because soon she'll part ways with her, and there's no more reason for her to find out. There's no used to it now that she'll be away from her.

 

She knew, that even if they are apart, she will continue blaming herself for making Jessica follow the self-destructing path. But there's something she wanted to know, something that she wanted clear. So she looked at Jessica and call her out.

 

“Unnie, how long have you been doing it?” Krystal catches Jessica cringed at the question, she was not expecting to hear anything from that topic again.

 

Jessica looked at Amber who's driving in front, before sighing deeply and return her gaze outside of her window. So it wasn't just Krystal that knew her situation but her friend as well, she thought.

 

“We'll talk later” She replied coldly receiving disappointment from the other.

 

Krystal knew that there's no point in nagging Jessica to answer her right now. The topic is too confidential to be talked with someone else in the car. So she impatiently wait till they get home.

 

 

 

When they were in front of the Jung's home, Jessica immediately opened the car and to the house without saying any words to Amber. The two, didn't mind and Krystal just apologized to her friend because of her sister's behavior.

“Sorry about that. And thanks for the ride, Amber! I'll see you tomorrow at school.” She hugged her friend and showed a forced smile.

 

“Take a rest. You looked like a monster because of crying.” Amber teased trying to take out Krystal's real smile, and she did even if in a short time.

 

“I will. Thanks really, for accompanying me.”

 

“I hope things will get better, Krys. I hope you both settle everything.”

 

“I hope so too.” Then that was the end of their conversation. Amber left with her car and Krystal went inside the house.

 

To her surprise, Jessica was standing waiting in front as she opened the entrance door. Her heart almost leaped out of her chest, but tried to act as normal as she could.

 

“I was just about to start doing the job earlier. The one you saw kissing me was supposed to be the one that will take my ity. Nothing else had happened yet because you were there.” Jessica didn't waste any time and answered her little sister's question earlier. She wanted to make her sister feel relieved from blaming herself. It wasn't her fault all along, this was all her own decision.

 

“Are you telling the truth? Nothing happened yet? Or are you just trying to make me feel better?” Krystal said in a whisper, almost out of strength to even speak audibly. Her eyes well up again and it wouldn't take any longer for her to breakdown again.

 

Jessica can't help but regret what she had done. If only Krystal didn't see what she's about to do, then there's nothing like this that they'll go through. There's no drama but just happiness she will bring Krystal. She'll be able to give her money, a car that she had promised and dresses she wanted to buy. If only it all became successful, she wouldn't come up giving Krystal up to their Aunt.

 

“There's no point in telling lies, Soojung. Right now, I want you to just forget everything that happened, because nothing had happened yet. The worst hadn't started, so there's nothing to worry about.”

 

“You're telling me not to worry? When I was the one who made you do something horrible like this?” Krystal walked inside passing through Jessica and stayed at the living room, still standing.

 

“My decisions aren't always related or linked to you. What made you think I care that much about you?” Jessica followed her and started throwing lies.

 

“I didn't thought about it! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter