The Same

You're The Only One I Have
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STILL A FLASHBACK

Krystal POV

I honestly am been thinking non stop about Jessica right after I learned about her not attending school any longer. It hit me hard how it actually is possible for someone to sacrifice so much for her family. And to think of myself accusing her to be the selfish one, I can't help but want to hit my brain till I no longer remember my shameless dumb accusations. It must have been really painful for Jessica to take in all my young naivety and I could only hope that there is no grudge within her heart for her to forgive me. But who am I kidding? My performance of showing her how I hated her so much could probably win best award, and that didn't help me to enlighten myself about how to pursue Jessica again.

But if ever I'll look at my big sister from the start, she never pushed me away. And to think about her unconditional concern for me, I could only feel my chest burning and slowly rising to my throat choking me. Only god knows how I am so regretting everything I've did towards her. If only I wasn't born to be this shy type and prideful, it wouldn't take me this long to actually kneel before Jessica and ask for her forgiveness. But I hate myself for being the way I am right now. Sometimes, I wish Jessica have the powers to read my mind and my real intentions. I also wish Jessica won't ever think I still hated her so much, in fact right now I'm slowly embracing her existence. I'm starting to feel my worth in the world thinking about how Jessica's taking care of me, I have to admit that I'm slowly becoming dependent to her.

-----

After a whole night thinking about my big sister, I went out of my room to get started with this new day. I feel like wanting to cook us breakfast, it's the only one of the small things I could do to help Jessica. Right now, all I could ever think of is about growing up and do not become a burden to this household any longer.

I've set all the things needed for me to cook when Jessica went out of her room and get a glass of water from the fridge. We noticed each other's existence and she greeted me a good morning with a smile pastered on her face. So I returned the gesture and started a conversation.

"I-I'm gonna cook something for breakfast." I said shortly and why the heck am I stuttering?

"Oh. Really? I was about to get out to buy something for your breakfast. I guess it's not needed anymore, right?" She said as she put her glass in the sink and turned away from me.

"Eat well, alright?" She suddenly patted my shoulder and walked away right after. Then my curiousness gotten into me.

"W-where are you going? Aren't you going to eat breakfast?"

"Nope. I need to go somewhere, maybe I'll catch breakfast on the road." She smiled at me and she completely left the house. Right there, my heart almost squeezed at the indirect rejection. I know I didn't even offer her to eat with me, but still.. isn't it obvious? Now, I looked at the heated pan only to realize my enthusiam to cook breakfast now is gone.

-----

Jessica POV

"Damn Jess! It's so early in the morning! I didn't even expect you to be up this early, knowing you when we're at school" Hyoyeon released both annoyance and teasing tone over my appearance at her apartment at this early. I went straight to her because I could feel my firmness towards my decision about the job right after I woke up. Truth be told, when Krystal and I talked last night, I already got the courage to take on this life's challenge. I feel like I was charged again to take everything again on my shoulders for the sake of my little sister's dream life.

"We're not rich as anybody else, Hyo. Better start working." I ordered her and gave her a serious face but when our eyes met we started laughing histerically.

"Omygod Jess. I've missed your attitude like that! Welcome back to the world! Geez I almost forgot how princess-like you were before. Haha"

"Yeah right! I'm back, I missed my old self as well but life is a that we need to change without our consent" I said again which turned down the lively mood. And both of us knew that I wasn't kidding with that truth.

"Anyway, what's up?" She asked even if already knowing about my intentions.

"I'm up to it, Hyo. But I'm going to be honest. I'm pure, a to be exact. And I don't know how things work." I said to her with all honesty and I've set aside my shyness and ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter